Thread: Rocket Hub Plan used on a iPhone?

Feedback Score

Rocket Hub Plan used on a iPhone?

The Rogers Rocket Hub offers for $70 + GRRF Gives you Unlimited long distance calling within Canada and 0 - 3 GB of data. Can you put this plan on your personal phone if you have a Rocket Hub IMEI registered to the account? I know you can, for example, add a blackberry IMEI to the account to get the $20 Value pack for text call display and voicemail. This could save a lot of people a lot of money. Anyone got some thoughts on the idea?

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Lumia 920 Yellow
    iPhone 5 Unlocked
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    will not work.. the rockethub has its own specific sim. those sims will not work on a phone
    jEEVERZ|bEEFEATER

Phones
    Sony Xperia S
    Nokia lumia 900
    samsung galaxy tab 10.1
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    any one actually tried? some said the sim is locked in the HUB, but I found out not. And now you said the sim won't work on phones.
    Therefore, wondering if anyone actually tested, and could comfirm the info. it is really good plan though, if it works. Or can I use my sim on the HUB, which has the 6GB/$30 data plan.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP iPAQ: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Treatz mentioned this in his thread "rogers hub" that the sim is not exchangable on the hub to other devices or the other way.
    I am thinking to get this to replace my parents home's internet and phone. but still waititng for more review

Phone
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Dont anyone here quote me on this, but I know someone who had that question and has it on his plan now.

First he did an equipment change to a Rocket HUB IMEI, secondly he already had his own SIM. He then did a Price Plan Change to it, giving up his 6GB Data and Retentions plan.

So far he is calling long distance and using data with no sms notifications stating he has been charged for overages.

anyone at Corporate here that could possibily give some more info? W
    W dont have these with FIDO.

Phones
    Sony Xperia S
    Nokia lumia 900
    samsung galaxy tab 10.1
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    But when I visit the w35 official website http://ericssonw35.com, it tells different story. It could remove the Sim or put your own Sim on. is that because rogers one is, like rogers phones, customized/branded. so how about debrand it with firmware updating?

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondElite
    Dont anyone here quote me on this, but I know someone who had that question and has it on his plan now.

First he did an equipment change to a Rocket HUB IMEI, secondly he already had his own SIM. He then did a Price Plan Change to it, giving up his 6GB Data and Retentions plan.

So far he is calling long distance and using data with no sms notifications stating he has been charged for overages.

anyone at Corporate here that could possibily give some more info? W
    W dont have these with FIDO.
    Very interesting. But there is no safeguard unless Rogers allows it explicitly. If Rogers forbids it, one day they could do an IMEI scan and then revoke the plan, or worse, charge PPU on it! (unless one fakes the IMEI, but let's not go there now).
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderdragon
    any one actually tried? some said the sim is locked in the HUB, but I found out not. And now you said the sim won't work on phones.
    Therefore, wondering if anyone actually tested, and could comfirm the info. it is really good plan though, if it works. Or can I use my sim on the HUB, which has the 6GB/$30 data plan.
    they run IMEI
    the moment that rocket hub sim goes into your iphone the IMEI is registered and you're on pay per use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Treatz
    they run IMEI
    the moment that rocket hub sim goes into your iphone the IMEI is registered and you're on pay per use.

That sucks, Thanks for the info!!