Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention All T-Mobile Pre-Paid Customers!

Device(s)
    Nokia 5200
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for fixing the download link, I can download it and install it via usb now!

Unfortunately, with both applications, with any settings, I still get a "Failed to connect to the internet." message in Opera after it tries to install.
    Maemo!

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile & T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Your welcome. when you go to open opera mini, don't open opera mini, instead, go to options, and look for app access, permissions, or something like that, then set it to allow full access to the network connections. If it won't let you do that, then it's the service provider's firmware branding stopping you form accessing that menu and using opera mini. In that case, your only solution is to flash your phone with unbranded firmware.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5200
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I bought my phone unlocked from the Philippines, and there is no carrier branding on it at all. I am able to go to App. access, under which there is: communication, data access, and auto-start. Network access, messaging, and connectivity are under communication; multimedia rec., read user data, add and edit data, and smart card are under data access; In each of these subcategories, there are 4 options:"ask every time", "ask first time only", "always allowed", and "not allowed". For every option except connectivity, "always allow" is greyed out. I made sure that each option was "ask...", as that should still allow network access.

What phones has this method been confirmed to work on?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    it works for most of the phones. But there are some phones, like 1 of mine, that doesn't allow network access to apps no matter what. But it should let you use opera with the settings set to ask. let me know if it works.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5200
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, it still doesn't work with the settings changed to "ask first time"/"ask always".

Just to make sure that I am clear on the purpose of these applications: it is to access the entire internet from a phone using Tmobile prepaid service (from a prepaid SIM on an unlocked, unbranded phone, as in my case)?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    sorry for late reply again, very busy. The answer to your question is yes, it is to access the full internet on tmobile prepaid, but only on Opera Mini. I am guessing that your phone is blocking Opera Mini Modded edition cause it's not signed. Most phones have no problem with unsigned apps, but some phones do have a problem with unsigned apps.

Feedback Score
    Expect this method to be shot down soon. This is a well-known and simple hack which was discussed in this forum many times. I am surprised that somebody is still trying to brag about this.

Tmobile is well aware of this loophole.

It's just a matter of time....

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Phone Comparsion On T-Zones

I am just wondering what experiences people have had that have used multiple devices on T-Zones. For example, do they all seem to perform at the same speed in loading up content? I suspect that since some phones have faster processors than others that they may work fast on T-Zones. Also, do some devices using C-Bypass get more sites than others? I have one "dumb phone" that I have accessed T-zones on and, when comparing it to a Windows Mobile 6 device, it seemed like that device was able to get to some sites that the dumb phone couldn't access. Also, would devices functioning as a USB modem all perform pretty much the same or might some work fast than others?

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have used it on the T-Mobile HTC Wing (Win Mobile 6). It's very, very slow. On the Treo 650, it's pretty decent. I'm happy with it. On my Treo 680, it's even faster.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It depends on what phone your using. Some load fast, some load slow. As for using it as a modem, same thing. Some are fast, some are slow, it depends what you have.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile.nl
    Feedback Score
    @Jim1348: it also depends on the connection capabilities of your phone. When I was in NY last January my Nokia E51 connected on Edge speed (which is somewhere in between GPRS and UMTS). First time ever I had seen a capital E on my display. Took me a while before I realized what it meant. In Amsterdam I've got UMTS speed, but Edge was fine enough.
    -

Feedback Score

email acess on prepaid with Dash 3G and Iphone 3G?

I had a T349 prepaid that allowed me to access my gmail via my prepaid SIM using the text rate. I bought a Dash 3G and I can't access the email via web2go.

Is there a way to access email on the Dash similar to the T349 using web2go?

P.S. My wife plans to buy a unlocked Iphone and I want to know if you can access the web2go email (gmail) too.

I am still using my PREPAID SIM

Thanks,

Eric

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Is the website down for everyone? I cant access it on my PC or phone.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @orlando...

You probably had a handy little application on your Samsung that provided that feature. I have something like that on my Nokia 5310, but not on my debranded 6263 (disappeared upon debranding).

I think those types of applications (okay, apps) are available from third parties. I think one may be called "e-buddy", and there are more for sure. They use an SMS gateway to e-mail to get their results, not mobile web (at least I think so...).

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr0gd0r
    Is the website down for everyone? I cant access it on my PC or phone.

Sorry for the downtime folks. I discovered it this morning when i tried to browse it to check my Email. There seems to be a DNS issue. I've submitted a support ticket to my hosting provider. All we can do is wait. I'll make a post here whent he website is back online.

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast