Thread: What TOWERS do T-Mobile use...???

Feedback Score

Question What TOWERS do T-Mobile use...???

I was just curious as to what towers T-Mobile utilizes? Their own? Verizon? The reason I ask is I've had some carriers (VM) who I had some signal issues because they supposedly used SPRINT/NEXTEL towers as opposed to Verizon, AT&T etc...

What's the case with T-Mobile?

Thanks in advance

david

Phones
    HTC Amaze 4G
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Motorola Defy
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    They use there own. In many areas where they don't have enough of there own they do roam onto At&t, cellularone, and any other GSM carrier that may be in that area. They never use verizon or sprint towers as they are CDMA carriers. Different technology.

Phone
    iPhone 5 (3), iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy SII, t159 & t259, @Home (2)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They have a very extensive portfolio of their own towers, you can see the towers they own at http://www.t-mobiletowers.com/

They do co-locate in other areas for a variety of reasons and I think co location is smart for streamlining costs and coverage in remote areas

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has a LOT more cell sites than just the ones on their own towers.

I think the OP was really asking if T-Mobile operates its own mobile network, or if it is an MVNO or reseller. Of course T-Mobile operates its own network, but it has roaming coverage in many areas.

Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T-Mobile runs their own network, has a lot of their own towers and co locations. They used to roam alot in places where they had no covereage. However roaming agreements have ended in alot of places and they haven't renewed them.
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/LG G3/LG G Pad 7.0LTE/Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Nokia Lumia 635
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is just building out in my area, and all of the sites in my county of Mendocino are colocations, with Verizon, US Cellular and/or AT&T. That seems to be holding true in most of the former Edge Wireless areas (like mine) that T-Mobile is buidling out in, though they are buildig a few of their own here and there too. Where T-Mobile doesn't provide any signal here, they roam onto AT&T.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most prepaid carriers (like Virgin Mobile, Straight Talk, Tracfone) utilize the network of other carriers (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T). Cricket and MetroPCS utilize their own network, though. T-Mobile also has their own network, like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. Their towers/antennas are located on a mixture of colocated towers and their own towers.

You can see their network map here:
    http://compass.t-mobile.com

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonDoctorJT
    They use there own. In many areas where they don't have enough of there own they do roam onto At&t, cellularone, and any other GSM carrier that may be in that area. They never use verizon or sprint towers as they are CDMA carriers. Different technology.
    Sometimes carriers use antenna aggregators i.e. an antenna manaagement firm owns the tower and the carriers rent space from the aggregator.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    Moto G
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Moto G, Lumian 925
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    TelnaMobile
    Feedback Score
    Has the OP made it clear if he is interested in towers or cellular signals? It always gripes me that when people say one thing but mean the other. A tower is a tall structure, usually made of metal. A cell or signal is the RF coverage that allows your phone to work. I'm not sure from the question which the OP was asking about.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    in my area the coverage is dark green which means i should have full bars.but instead my bars move down & up at times in this full coverage area.why is this?how do i fix this? why ami not getting the right reception/signal i suppose to be getting? btw im also using the blackberry 8900 on t-mobiles network.

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    I am putting a amp in my house with a directional antenna, trying to figure out where the T-Mobile towers in Omaha are, some are EDGE some GPRS so I want to point in the right direction I have not had any luck finding where they might lease space

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_kid123
    in my area the coverage is dark green which means i should have full bars.but instead my bars move down & up at times in this full coverage area.why is this?how do i fix this? why ami not getting the right reception/signal i suppose to be getting? btw im also using the blackberry 8900 on t-mobiles network.
    Even in great coverage your "bars" should fluctuate. Coverage is affected by a whole bunch of things such as obstacles, weather conditions, etc. And dark green doesn't mean "full bars", it means you should have very good coverage, but it doesn't mean anywhere you are in that area your signal meter will be full. You should have 3-4 bars most of the time, 5 if you're outside with a clear skyview and few obstructions and in good conditions and 1-3 if you're indoors, with HUGE variations in that estimate depending on the building (ie, that's a rule of thumb. It's totally plausible to have no coverage in a building or to have 5 bars). In such environments you may want to consider using your device's WiFi calling feature.

3G where I go with AT&T > GPRS where I go with T-Mobile and "4G" where I don't.

I'm your typical 21 year old gay guy, or as we prefer to be called "Family-wrecking AIDS-mongers" waging what I call "The Homo-Jihad" against Sprint. That's what they get for destroying Nextel.