Thread: Net10 expiration query

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score

Net10 expiration query

What happens when I cross my due date on a Net10 phone (as indicated on the Phone)? Do I get some grace period before which I can add another card or get another phone and get to keep my current minutes?

Also how is the service period extended? From the day I renew or the day when my access expired?

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberoam
    What happens when I cross my due date on a Net10 phone (as indicated on the Phone)? Do I get some grace period before which I can add another card or get another phone and get to keep my current minutes?

Also how is the service period extended? From the day I renew or the day when my access expired?
    I am sure that is explained in the Terms and Conditions section on their website.

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    If only their help helped Their FAQs at http://www.net10.com/questions.jsp?n...task=questions do not answer my questions at all. What is due date, how are airtime days added, I cannot figure it out?

I spent a better part of an hour with a clueless rep who didn't know what I was talking about and kept repeating the FAQ. So I am looking here for help.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    He didn't say read the FAQ, he said read the T&C, http://www.net10.com/content/terms_conditions.jsp See the paragraph beginning: SERVICE END DATE, DUE DATE OR SERVICE DAYS REMAINING.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberoam

You don`t necessarly loose your phone number right away but you take the chance it could be given to a new customer. Adding airtime: If you have let your service expire it begins from the day you add airtime. If you add it before service expires it is added on to the original expiration date (you won`t loose any of your days of service).

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    You have 30 days from expiry to keep your minutes by adding a time card to the phone. It used to be in the FAQ. As for the service start -- I would guess it is 30-60-90 (depends on the card you buy) days from addition date.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    It took 6 posts to finally answer that question, almost.

with Net10 you get a 60 day grace period to add airtime and not loose any minutes that were existing when the service ended.
    There is no guarantee how long the existing phone number will be available for the reactivation of the phone but a couple of weeks is pretty normal.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    60? T&C says 30.
    Airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will remain on your NET10 if it is reactivated within 30 days from the deactivation date.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    It took 6 posts to finally answer that question, almost.

with Net10 you get a 60 day grace period to add airtime and not loose any minutes that were existing when the service ended.
    There is no guarantee how long the existing phone number will be available for the reactivation of the phone but a couple of weeks is pretty normal.
    Yea I posted that wrong and can't edit these post.

For Net10 it is 30 days
    For Tracfone it is 60 days.

Feedback Score
    And it's subject to change at any time, just like other things have changed in the TOS. It's not as though they email registered users to tell them, either.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdGrey
    And it's subject to change at any time, just like other things have changed in the TOS. It's not as though they email registered users to tell them, either.
    Heck, they don't even bother to change it in their document.

But I got a birthday card today from Tracfone. It had someone else's name on it with my address. I guess if I check one of my 14 Tracfone accounts I may find a new name on one of them. The card had a bonus code for 30 minutes that expires the end of the month.

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    Though this is a bit late, but thanks for the response people

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    come to think of it tracfone is the only other person besides my dentist that sent me a birthday card
    trying to come up with better signature.......