Thread: hard reset for sch-r451c ???

Feedback Score

hard reset for sch-r451c ???

Phone: Sch-r451c
    Mood: frustrated

Alright well i just got straight talk, bought the service three days ago. Everything was going fine i was making calls, using the internet, and sending a **** load of text messages. well today i came home to find that i wasn't receiving any calls. so i came home and started to make a phone call. the phone displays calling..... i cant hear any ringing the screen disappears. it doesn’t say anything. it doesn’t say call failed, nothing. so i try agian. and now i get call failed. i have full bars. ok so i try txt messaging, txt failed to send. ok now i go driving thinking maybe its the cell phone tower near my place same thing. i have full bars but cant make any calls i ask my friend to call my phone. nothing it doesn’t ring. so by this time i call customer service. i spend 45 mins to do the basic b.s. they have to do by reading off a piece of paper. Pull out your battery let the phone sit for 1min and then put the battery back in (start the phone still cant call) do a phone reset even asked the guy to reactivate my account. Nothing he keeps asking me to call the activation line *22890 well it doesn’t work because the phone isn’t ringing. so I tell the guy it not ringing still and i guess he gave up because he hung up on me. I call back get a different guy. Told the guy i just went thru everything and nothing worked. He tells me to return the phone and get another one. well Wal-Mart doesn’t even have this phone in stock i check the three that are around me. i ask can you send me anther phone because i think this is bs that i have to return the phone and call you when iam at Wal-Mart to transfer everything over. i ask the guy for a complete full refund including the 45 dollar unlimited card that is not refundable. he then goes on to tell me wait one sec while i write you a ticket for level two support so they can hard reset your phone. he then tells me its going to take 48 hours to hard reset my phone. He gives me a ticket number and says call back in 48 hours.
    So anyways
    Basically does anyone know how to hard reset this phone? i think it bs just to get me off the line how is he going to reset a phone that can’t even make a connection to the tower. I don’t have the usb cable is there a key combination I can type or press to get this thing to hard reset.

I did go thru the hidden menus that are posted and did not see anything.

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hard Reset is done in FTM mode by pressing 186, that restores the the phone to outta the box condition so write down your contacts before doing it. And if your unsure how to get there download the hacker's manual and it explains it.

Rob

Feedback Score
    Alright so I figured out how to do the hard reset on my phone. But my phone still can’t make calls out. Anybody have any ideas why this might happen.

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    The only other option I can think of is calling customer support, not Straight Talk CS but TracFone Corporate since ST is nothing more than a division of them. They have gladly helped me in the past when ST could not. You can reach them at 1-800-876-5753. Just make sure to tell them you called ST first with no resolve and they will handle it.

Rob

Phones
    LG Dare
    Samsung SGH T-439
    Samsung Muse
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d4rksid3
    Phone: Sch-r451c
    Mood: frustrated

Alright well i just got straight talk, bought the service three days ago. Everything was going fine i was making calls, using the internet, and sending a **** load of text messages. well today i came home to find that i wasn't receiving any calls. so i came home and started to make a phone call. the phone displays calling..... i cant hear any ringing the screen disappears. it doesn’t say anything. it doesn’t say call failed, nothing. so i try agian. and now i get call failed. i have full bars. ok so i try txt messaging, txt failed to send. ok now i go driving thinking maybe its the cell phone tower near my place same thing. i have full bars but cant make any calls i ask my friend to call my phone. nothing it doesn’t ring. so by this time i call customer service. i spend 45 mins to do the basic b.s. they have to do by reading off a piece of paper. Pull out your battery let the phone sit for 1min and then put the battery back in (start the phone still cant call) do a phone reset even asked the guy to reactivate my account. Nothing he keeps asking me to call the activation line *22890 well it doesn’t work because the phone isn’t ringing. so I tell the guy it not ringing still and i guess he gave up because he hung up on me. I call back get a different guy. Told the guy i just went thru everything and nothing worked. He tells me to return the phone and get another one. well Wal-Mart doesn’t even have this phone in stock i check the three that are around me. i ask can you send me anther phone because i think this is bs that i have to return the phone and call you when iam at Wal-Mart to transfer everything over. i ask the guy for a complete full refund including the 45 dollar unlimited card that is not refundable. he then goes on to tell me wait one sec while i write you a ticket for level two support so they can hard reset your phone. he then tells me its going to take 48 hours to hard reset my phone. He gives me a ticket number and says call back in 48 hours.
    So anyways
    Basically does anyone know how to hard reset this phone? i think it bs just to get me off the line how is he going to reset a phone that can’t even make a connection to the tower. I don’t have the usb cable is there a key combination I can type or press to get this thing to hard reset.

I did go thru the hidden menus that are posted and did not see anything.

not sure the answer to your question, but how do you get to the hidden menus?

Phone
    SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Very simple, go into the Menu, Phone Settings, Security, Reset Phone. After the reset you can find the menu's under Browser by pressing * and entering 451667 for the lock code. And under Messaging by pressing * and entering the last 4 digits of your phone number. Then again in Phone settings by pressing # and entering 000000 as the user lock code. There is a second menu there just press # again and enter 8886573982

Rob

Phone
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74
    Very simple, go into the Menu, Phone Settings, Security, Reset Phone. After the reset you can find the menu's under Browser by pressing * and entering 451667 for the lock code. And under Messaging by pressing * and entering the last 4 digits of your phone number. Then again in Phone settings by pressing # and entering 000000 as the user lock code. There is a second menu there just press # again and enter 8886573982

Rob
    This may sound like a very stupid question, but when you "reset" the phone, does it "reset" everything, or does it keep some things, ie will I still be able to make and receive a call, will it delete all my contacts, images, ringtones, will it make it just like it was in the box causing me to need to activate it again, or does it just reset any codes or settings that have been changed?

Feedback Score
    i have this phone with the unlimited plan.the other day i was at work,opened my browser and there was a page showing new browsers,google yahoo and another browser cant remember.i was happy so i used google to go to youtube to watch videos on my page.this was a happy time for me.well i tryed today and it was the same boring normal browser page.where did the google yahoo browser page go to.did i do something wrong.someone please advise.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Please help! Cant program r451c to straight talk

PLEASE HELP!

I GOT THIS PHONE ONLINE A FEW DAYS AGO AND HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER SINCE! They can't understand that I've never made a call from the phone! I've activated it through straight talk with my serial number zip code and service pin; but my phone wont dial to program the phone trying any combination (*228) *22890 *22891 etc.. The idiots at straight talk have me take the battery out, try t dial *22890 again and this is all they suggest. I have reception, however when I try to program it will not work. I found the hidden menu but didnt see anything that could help me in there. The system select is on automatic everything in settings seems fine but it will not program! so frusturated please help

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ74 View Post
    Hard Reset is done in FTM mode by pressing 186, that restores the the phone to outta the box condition so write down your contacts before doing it. And if your unsure how to get there download the hacker's manual and it explains it.

Rob
    I have a very similar problem. I have a phone that was given to me when a friend of mine moved overseas. She gave me the security code for the lock on the phone, but I tried to set it up as a new account and it says that it is already registered. will the reset fix that? if so, when I googled it, it said to enter 186 in the FTM mode. I am SO not good with gadgets of any kind, so what IS FTM mode?