Phones
    Samsung i760
    Samsung i760
    Samsung T105G
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Angry BUYER BEWARE Straight Talk Returns Issues

This is just an FYI for those of you considering ST. I returned my phone after 2 weeks due to poor reception & sound quality. I followed all the steps the reps told me to do. Reported the tracking number like I was supposed to. They processed the refund for me. Two weeks later, still no refund. I call today, only to be told I had my phone for longer than a month so no refund. Uhhh...no. They had the activation date as 11/19 & the return was accepted 12/2. So then they scrambled and said it was a bundle (time + phone) so no refund. Well the previous rep, said I would be refunded for the phone...not the time. OK. Now they can't refund anything. Then the story changed to they never received my phone. Well...tracking # sort of blew that out of the water, so they went back to no refund for bundles. Finally after 45 minutes and 3 reps later, it was escalated & they decided to send me out a new phone. So I will have to return the phone at walmart I guess now or ebay it. Isn't it convenient that once they get your phone (and after telling you to send it in) they can't give you a refund. I should mention, I bought my phone directly from the straight talk website. SO just an FYI if you're considering ST and aren't sure if you're going to like it...refunds are difficult with them

Cristin

Feedback Score
    This is a common issue with Straight Talk . The best way to deal with Straight Talk is preventive and simply buy from a Walmart store or Walmart.com to completely bypass the teethpulling return experience via Straight Talk themselves. It is simply easier and faster then dealing with Straight Talk. Walmart is currently Straight Talk's ONLY retail outlet/partner besides their own in house website. Walmart's return policy makes it much easier to deal with then Straight Talk.

I saw a Wally's rep simply exchange a defective phone for one customer right off the back in the local one's electronics dept. No waiting two weeks or trouble tickets or other baloney. Just, "oh that one's no good? Take this one." Done.

Either that or call Executive Resolutions for Tracfone or get in touch with Elston the Tracfone rep here on Howard forum. He is member Tracfone1. You can pm or email him, http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...88&postcount=1

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    One of the advantages of purchasing with a credit/debit card is that you can dispute bad merchant behavior with your bank. You shouldn't put up with this bad service.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The LG 220 is a $40 ST(Walmart) phone. Why risk loosing a customer over that small an amount? Did it occur to them to try and keep your business by offering to swap for a Tracfone or Net10 GMS phone?

Feedback Score
    Agreed... anyone considering ST should just buy the phone they want from Wallymart (if they have it in stock.) Our local WM store allows returns on ST phones for up to two weeks. I returned one hassle free on the 14th day.

Phones
    Samsung i760
    Samsung i760
    Samsung T105G
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I will try returning this one at walmart since ours has finally started carrying them. It was a real hassle though, which is why I thought I should say something on here for people. Just awful customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnin
    Agreed... anyone considering ST should just buy the phone they want from Wallymart (if they have it in stock.) Our local WM store allows returns on ST phones for up to two weeks. I returned one hassle free on the 14th day.
    The local Walmart return policy (posted on big signs near the customer service booth) is 14 days on post paid phones. It specifically says post paid. When asked, two different associates in 2 stores have said that the pre paid cellular phones have a 90 day return. Maybe it's different for different parts of the country (Im in WA) but the website says the same thing. So presumably ST Prepaid bought from the website have a 90 day return too.

Feedback Score

Another benefit of Walmart...

If you're ticked off at ST for any reason and you meet the return deadline , there are rows of other prepaid carriers sitting right there so you can get up and started as soon as you dump ST or any carrier for that matter due to dissatisfaction. Boost, VM, Att all have alternate unlimited options. Maybe not the exact same features, price, but it may be a better option then ST for some people. ymmv

Feedback Score
    My Name is Elston and I am a Tracfone Employee and I am here to assist anyone that needs any assistance. My contact information is elombillo@tracfone.com

Feedback Score

RE BUYER BEWARE Straight Talk

These things happen. A few years ago I broke my contract because of phone issues. I had to go to the extreme of writing the VP of Consumer Relations and the CEO (yes, the CEO) of a major provider to get the matter resolved. Even though they offered to resolve the problem, by that time I was so exasperated I told them to take a hike. I just happen to have Straight Talk now and even though I've never encountered a problem, I'm not saying you didn't have a problem with your phone. But which other prepaid provider offers unlimited everything including web plus 411 calls for only $45 a month? That's why I got Straight Talk, that and because I know it runs on the Verizon network which is the best according to Consumer Reports surveys.

Feedback Score

Never a Problem with StraightTalk

I live in the Miami tri-county area and never had a problem with reception with my StraighTalk phone. Sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been so nice but I love my new ST phone. The best part is the saving of about $40/month...that's almost $500/yr. I can do a lot more stuff with that money!!!!

Phone
    Palm Pixi Plus
    Carrier
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    If I buy a ST phone at walmart and it doesn't work in my area, will I get the cost of the phone and the minutes back?
    I'm currently on Boost, but I would like to get the VZ network.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleysmom
    If I buy a ST phone at walmart and it doesn't work in my area, will I get the cost of the phone and the minutes back?
    I'm currently on Boost, but I would like to get the VZ network.
    You will get a refund for the cost of the phone only. There is no refund on the airtime purchased but you should try.

Phone
    Palm Pixi Plus
    Carrier
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    Should try returning the airtime, or try the phone carrier?