Thread: is the data usage accurate

Feedback Score

is the data usage accurate

on the website is the data usage accurate ? i just got my phone activated a few days ago and i have been using the internet alot but my usage is at 17.75 megs and it hasnt changed at all.

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    depends. what phone are you using? and what kind of sites have you been browsing?

a phone with a wap browser (like vx5500 or smooth) doesnt use much mb's at all.

a phone with a html browser (like a voyager, rogue) use up a lot of mb's if you dont use wap sites.

a phone like the droid, or touch pro 2. forget it. kiss those mb's goodbye.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Feedback Score
    I find the data usage on the website to be VERY accurate. Since my latest month has renewed, I tracked my phone vs the site and it is perfect.

Feedback Score
    i have a blackberry 8330. it still says the same thing 17.75 megs. and ive been on alot.

Feedback Score
    I found that the BB's use very little data for some reason. I was using it constantly..... checking email, surfing, using the gps, and I never used more than 5mb per month. I'm testing out an omnia right now but will definitely be switching back to my blackberry. I have the 8330 as well.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed that when using a Blackberry the usage on the Page Plus web site does not update until the Blackberry disconnects from the network. I know I have to power cycle mine to force a data usage update on the site, otherwise you may see nothing for a day or two.

Feedback Score
    Is there anyway to monitor the data usage on the blackberry? that way i can make sure i know how much im using. this is my first blackberry so im just figuring out how to use it.

Phones
    HTC Eris
    HTC Eris
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I use SPB Wireless Monitor on my WinMo device. The data shown on my PPC online account exactly matches what SPB shows me, everytime.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Droid
    Carriers
    Verizon...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roba
    I've noticed that when using a Blackberry the usage on the Page Plus web site does not update until the Blackberry disconnects from the network. I know I have to power cycle mine to force a data usage update on the site, otherwise you may see nothing for a day or two.
    Thanks for the tip...I wondered why my 8330 wasn't showing any data usage..then all of a sudden it showed it was "connected" for 719 minutes and ate up a few MB of data after all....lol. Dropped my balance by $2.00 since I am on a standard plan at the moment.

Gonna have to watch it for sure so I don't eat up my 50mb so quickly upon switching to the TnT 1200 plan. All my bookmarks are the WAP version of websites so that helps as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roba
    Actually, I've only noticed that on the windows mobile devices. I've used two of those (Q9m and Omnia) and they suck the data, the blackberry has always been very small in terms of data usage. I've never had to power cycle it or disconnect from the network for my curve to show data usage.