Thread: NET10 International Long Distance to Canada

On a hill, above a lake, looking at the sky
    Carriers
    1. SpeakOut Canada
    3. Prayer!
    Feedback Score

NET10 International Long Distance to Canada

With regards to the instructions posted for NET10, #17...

see: http://www.auristechnology.com/net10...p?site=faq_ild

Is following the exact format, 011 + country code + city/area code + phone number, required to call even Canada, or can one just dial (example) 1 416 555 1212 and have the call completed? It just seems like many of extra digits.

Do any of you use NET10 for calling Canada, and if so, how would you rate it for quality?

I know I could forward my MagicJack to a Canadian number I want to call and then just call the US MJ number from NET10 for 10 cents/min, but that would mean reseting MJ forwarding each time I want to call a different number.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    probably, however you can put those numbers on the phone just save it to the memory. also if you use tracfone instead of net10 they dont charge extra for the ild. and you can get to lower than 10 a minute. if you have double minutes. have you tried google voice ? I think you can use it to call canada as well for free just have to learn the system. mj does forward rather well however at least in the us
    trying to come up with better signature.......

On a hill, above a lake, looking at the sky
    Carriers
    1. SpeakOut Canada
    3. Prayer!
    Feedback Score
    I have considered Tracfone, but they do not have a qwerty available for texting, and I am not even sure of the price with them for texts. I wonder, since the system is essentially the same, if I can use the sim from a Tracfone CDMA phone in a NET10 CDMA phone.

I guess the Tracfone double minutes and other bonuses are a little complex, but perhaps something I can handle, but I am not sure about some others in the family. Does accumulating a 400min/365day + 250 minute bonus card actually become 1300 minutes with a DMFL phone/card, or 1050? What if I expire, does the DMFL come back when a new card and number gets reactivated?

MJ works fairly well in Canada, with minor voice lag, and excellent when forwarded.