Thread: Can send text but not receive them - Q9C

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Can send text but not receive them - Q9C

Hi all. I have an Alltel Q9c that I flashed with a Verizon monster and successfully activated on Page Plus a few weeks ago. At that time everything seemed to work perfectly. But now I am not receiving any texts.

The only thing I can think of that I changed recently was that I went into the registry and switched the camera button and the speaker button (these got switched during the verizon monster flash and I wanted to correct them).

I also added a $10 card today.

I've tried *228 and it did not help. Is it possible that the key switching had something to do with this? I haven't tried to switch them back yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Phones
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Droid RAZR on PP
    Droid RAZR M on PP
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Possible, but not likely. There are a few probable causes/solutions:

First, a "line reset" / "authorization reset" may clear up your problem. Not likely, but it is possible.

Second, I have heard of a problem where some customers in some areas (don't ask where, I've seen it in two states; AL and GA) can not receive from certain carriers but they CAN receive from Verizon/PPC/Alltel.

Have you received ANY text at all? Or is it more of an intermittent problem? Or is it more like I had stated, where some carriers are just not working?
    Just the Smilies I like: Ok, I'm done.

DISCLAIMER: I am not liable for any damage to any phones from my suggestions. Please be a responsible cell phone owner.

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    When I first activated it, I was able to send mms and sms from my Straight Talk phone. Now when I try, my straight talk phone says it's unable to send the text. The mms I tried said it was delivered but the pp phone never received it. I also tried to send a text to the pp phone via email. It never received that either, although it was able to send a text to my email.

Incoming and outgoing calls are fine. Seems like it's able to send texts fine. Internet working fine. Just weird that no texts or mms are getting to the pp phone.

I'm going to try and switch the buttons back. Also, if I flash the monster again will that mess up the phone working? Is that worth a try since everything worked great in the beginning? This phone is a Christmas present for my daughter so Santa is under the gun to get it working today. :-)

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. Finally called PP today and got a very helpful cs rep who said that all my features had been turned off. She said that it "sometimes just happens." Whatever that means. I can't help but think it had something to do with the $10 pin I added on-line yesterday.

She turned everything back on for me, added an unlimited pin and turned off the balance notification at the beginning of each call. I wasn't on hold for very long and she quickly fixed everything. I thanked her many times.

Thanks for the advice Daemonbiz and Merry Christmas all.