Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who does verizon use for overnight shipping?

Phones
    Droid
    iphone 3gs
    Casio g'zone Rock
    Carriers
    Verizon
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Who does verizon use for overnight shipping?

Does verizon use fedex or ups? I'm a new customer and ordered a phone yesterday morning through verizon. They are giving me free overnight shipping, but I was wondering who they ship through. Also since it's the holiday, I might not get it till Friday I'm afraid. I have no way to track it since they didn't ask for my email address.
    Cell phone addict.

Phones
    Droid Pro
    Razr Maxx
    Razr
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    they use both but usually FedEx
    Good things comes to those who wait.....but they only get whats left behind by those who hustle.

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Every time I ordered online (+5) it was always FedEx and yeah they don't give you a tracking number

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rda990
    Every time I ordered online (+5) it was always FedEx and yeah they don't give you a tracking number
    All mine have come FedX. Haven't really needed a tracking number because the item has arrived by the time I usually start tracking a package.

Phone
    Treo 700P
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hope you have better luck than my daughter. The screen on her Blackberry stopped working yesterday afternoon. There are no others within 120 miles. The best they can do is "overnight" one to her. VZW says it MIGHT show up on Monday but more likely on Tuesday. She's not a happy camper.

Even more annoying is there was a by one get one free ad on that same phone in yesterdays paper yet there are non in stock (at least pink which she has or silver which she was willing to take).

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Blackberry 8310
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia23
    Also since it's the holiday, I might not get it till Friday I'm afraid.
    I don't think any carriers are delivering on Friday.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by briareus
    I don't think any carriers are delivering on Friday.
    The carriers don't deliver, the shipping companies do (FedEx, UPS, USPS). No carrier will promise overnight delivery on a holiday.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    The carriers don't deliver, the shipping companies do (FedEx, UPS, USPS). No carrier will promise overnight delivery on a holiday.
    I think what he is getting at is that none of the shipping companies (Fedex, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) will deliver on a holiday.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah
    I think what he is getting at is that none of the shipping companies (Fedex, UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) will deliver on a holiday.
    I know, couldn't help myself. Thought that was clear in my reply. Just poorly worded by the prior poster. I was just having a little fun.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

if the phone was ordered before 2 yesterday(12/23) look for it to come after 3 pm today(12/24) but not on Fri. or Sat. if for some reason it doesnt get delivered 12/24. a signature IS required so if no one is home they will take it back and you wont see it till monday unless you get to their depot before 6pm today
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you leave a note on your door asking them to leave the package and sign the note they will leave it for you, its called an indirect signature.
    Also, if they have your E- mail address they will E-mail you a tracking number.
    And since they dont have your E-mail address you can always call in and they will give you the tracking number and then you go to Fed Ex site and track your package.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd
    Actually, companies like FedEx and UPS are in fact classified as "Common Carriers", so referring to them as "carriers" is perfectly appropriate.

Oh, and USPS does deliver Express Mail on Christmas (and every other holiday).

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by azjerry
    Hope you have better luck than my daughter. The screen on her Blackberry stopped working yesterday afternoon. There are no others within 120 miles. The best they can do is "overnight" one to her. VZW says it MIGHT show up on Monday but more likely on Tuesday. She's not a happy camper.

Even more annoying is there was a by one get one free ad on that same phone in yesterdays paper yet there are non in stock (at least pink which she has or silver which she was willing to take).
    First of all, if it was after 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday or Thursday, the order will process on Monday, so it should arrive on Tuesday. Shame on them for giving employees time off for celebrating with their families the birth of Christ.

FedEx is the shipper of preference for VZW. If someone works for UPS and has a UPS discount with VZW, they will ship UPS for you instead by default.

Second, it's "buy" one get one free ad. And "yet there were 'none' in stock."
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Right now Verizon's website is prominently mentioning free overnight shipping: (link)

When I've mailed just a letter overnight via either USPS or FedEx, the cost was ~ $ 15; presumably the cost for overnight mail for shipping a package would be much more than that.

How can Verizon afford free overnight shipping for everyone even for the customers who're buying the simple phones that are free or nearly free ?
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Right now Verizon's website is prominently mentioning free overnight shipping: (link)

When I've mailed just a letter overnight via either USPS or FedEx, the cost was ~ $ 15; presumably the cost for overnight mail for shipping a package would be much more than that.

How can Verizon afford free overnight shipping for everyone even for the customers who're buying the simple phones that are free or nearly free ?

You pay for what you get.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast