Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk service end date - renew on or before?

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk service end date - renew on or before?

This may be a dumb question and I've searched for a clear answer. So for those of you with experience, should I renew my All you Need service plan ON my service end date or the day before?

Straight Talk website says: Your “Service End Date” is the last day of your Service period.

Which to me means that it's the last day I will have service and should therefore add a new service card before the end of that day.

BUT...

The website also says: If you do not buy and add Services PRIOR to the Service End Date, your Straight Talk Service will be deactivated on the Service End Date...

Which to me means that my service will be deactivated if I don't renew the day BEFORE my service end date.

Anybody know for sure which scenario is correct?

Feedback Score
    when you enter a new code your thirty days starts over right then.my service was up on the 25th and i put in a new code on the 24th what with 31 days in the month now my service ends on the 23rd.kinda crappy considering i still had over half my minutes and texts.i feel i should have got the whole thirty days,but,oh well now i know for next time

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I make sure I fill mine the day before the service end date to avoid any interruption.

And my service end date is Jan.13 @ 3:40pm.... I could technically wait until 3:35 but why risk it?

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Phones
    HTC Eris
    Samsung R451c-wife
    Samsung I910-up for sale
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    I make sure I fill mine the day before the service end date to avoid any interruption.

And my service end date is Jan.13 @ 3:40pm.... I could technically wait until 3:35 but why risk it?
    Are you doing the auto refill promo?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy s**t.. What a Ride!! '

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    i signed up for auto refill and its suppose to refill today but i cant check because the site says...

Due to holiday volumes, we are unable to process your request at this time. Access to your balance will resume on Tuesday, December 29, 2009.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by funone46
    Are you doing the auto refill promo?

No I just buy the cards.... the way I see it is why give em my bank info when I don't have to? I've been screwed by Paypal twice so I try to avoid it whenever possible. Do you auto refill ??

Quote Originally Posted by mike93hatch
    signed up for auto refill and its suppose to refill today but i cant check because the site says...

Due to holiday volumes, we are unable to process your request at this time. Access to your balance will resume on Tuesday, December 29, 2009.
    We're all getting that message... and I really need to check my data usage.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    well i wanted the auto refill so i didnt have to worry about forgetting to refill and miss my end date and lose my number... and also when you sign up for auto refill for 12 months you get a free month.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    and I really need to check my data usage.
    you cant check it on your phone like r451 ?

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Well my service end date was today, but I went ahead and loaded a new month last night (of 1000/1000/30). I wasn't able to check my balance until today and weirdly, it now says this:

Here are the details of your remaining balance:

Minutes 1737.0 Minutes

SMS/MMS 1647 Text Messages

Data 55.2 Mb of Web Browsing

Service End Date 01/26/2010

It's like it just added to my remaining balance instead of wiping the slate clean for another month. Weird.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    how can you even check your balance? i just checked again and said it was down for the holidays

Feedback Score
    how can you even check your balance? i just checked again and said it was down for the holidays
    I was getting that message too, but was able to check my balance today. This month I got the unlimited and it only shows unlimited text (nothing about voice or data.) Not sure if that is an error.

Signed up for the auto-pay the day before my service ran out so as not to loose my number I have had for seven years. I wanted to take advantage of the free month offer.

Also, I was concerned about having to pay the extra fees online as opposed to buying the card at WM, but it turns out that I was not charged sales tax and the fees came to less that sales tax (if I had bought at WM.)

Phones
    Samsung R451C
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    With the auto pay can you switch between plans? I just got the service and currently have the $30 plan and may want to go to the $45.

Thanks!

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    you cant check it on your phone like r451 ?

No there's nothing in the menu that gives away the phone is prepaid like with the other phones, and I had the annoying messages removed that tells you how many hours you have left.

I was able to check it this morning though and all is well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhondap
    With the auto pay can you switch between plans? I just got the service and currently have the $30 plan and may want to go to the $45.

Thanks!
    Yes you can, I called and asked first, just to be sure.

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voohere
    Well my service end date was today, but I went ahead and loaded a new month last night (of 1000/1000/30). I wasn't able to check my balance until today and weirdly, it now says this:

Here are the details of your remaining balance:

Minutes 1737.0 Minutes

SMS/MMS 1647 Text Messages

Data 55.2 Mb of Web Browsing

Service End Date 01/26/2010

It's like it just added to my remaining balance instead of wiping the slate clean for another month. Weird.

mine renewed today and i just checked it.... it seems as though all mine has rolled over too... wonder if it will stay like that ????

Minutes

1731.0 Minutes

SMS/ MMS

1055 Text Messages

Data

48.1 Mb of Web Browsing

Service End Date

01/27/2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast