Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Straight Talk service end date - renew on or before?

Phones
    Samsung R451C
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ^^^^
    Ooh that would be nice if it did. Only time will tell.

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike93hatch
    mine renewed today and i just checked it.... it seems as though all mine has rolled over too... wonder if it will stay like that ????

Minutes

1731.0 Minutes

SMS/ MMS

1055 Text Messages

Data

48.1 Mb of Web Browsing

Service End Date

01/27/2010
    I wonder if they will catch it and fix it at some point? I guess time will tell. Unfortunately I don't use my phone enough to really enjoy the rollover

Feedback Score
    My guess is they don't want a lawsuit. You paid for 30 days, you get your 30 days, and if you pay ahead of your due date then your time and data is added on until your due date is past.

Feedback Score

rolled over minutes, data still there

I checked my balance this morning after my last renewal date (28th) and the rolled over minutes and data are still included. I thought it would reset after the due date.

For those that renewed early are you seeing the same thing? Is it a gift from Straight talk? This has me stumped.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demosthene1
    I checked my balance this morning after my last renewal date (29th) and the rolled over minutes and data are still included. I thought it would reset after the due date.

For those that renewed early are you seeing the same thing? Is it a gift from Straight talk? This has me stumped.
    Mine rolled over and I know many other people here also received rollover. And I thought you posted something about avoiding a lawsuit? I don't know if that's the case but it sounds feasible. I'm due to rollover again on the 13th but I always pay a day early... I'll post whether they roll it over again.

My Babies:
    ~ 64gb iPhone 6 Plus ~ 32gb iPad Mini ~ 64gb iPad Air ~
    11" MacBook Air ~ 13" MacBook Pro ~ Retired iPhone 5S ~

Feedback Score

lawsuit comment

I did post that lawsuit comment because I figured Straight Talk advertised that you are buying the 30 days of time and data. And even though they say renewing resets your time and data, you still bought that time and data for 30 days. Seems like someone could argue that in court. If you renewed a day early and your account was reset to 30 days, you would lose a day that you bought. It would have to rollover at least to the real renewal date. My renewal date has come and gone and the rollover minutes/data are still there.

Wait and see. I thought for sure it would reset after my official renewal date. It hasn't so far!

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demosthene1
    I did post that lawsuit comment because I figured Straight Talk advertised that you are buying the 30 days of time and data. And even though they say renewing resets your time and data, you still bought that time and data for 30 days. Seems like someone could argue that in court. If you renewed a day early and your account was reset to 30 days, you would lose a day that you bought. It would have to rollover at least to the real renewal date. My renewal date has come and gone and the rollover minutes/data are still there.

Wait and see. I thought for sure it would reset after my official renewal date. It hasn't so far!
    On their website it says 'up to 30 days'.

Feedback Score
    You are right. You can use up minutes/data before 30 days, but if you don't use it up and renew before 30 days you still bought 30 days. Right? Is that the reason for the rollover?

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    all my stuff is still rolled over... maybe a glitch with the auto-refill? this is gonna be nice if it just keeps rolling over each month lol

Feedback Score
    Same here. have time from last card...

I think its the Days that's the most important part of it. Time may be a secondary item for this.

Phones
    RAZR V3a
    Samsung SCH-r451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I would guess that the rollover is just because of how busy the holidays are. There isn't suppose to be rollover and the system may not be automated. If they are really busy due to holiday traffic volume; new account activations and such, they probably just haven't caught up to it yet. I would have to say enjoy it while you can because one way or another, they will catch it sooner or later. Some moron will call customer service and ask them why it's rolling over, they will check into it, see what's going on, and put a stop to it. I'm not counting on it, but will be switching back to unlimited next month anyway so won't really matter to me, it's well worth the extra $15 IMHO.
    In reply to the OP, I got both an e-mail and a txt. from ST stating that my service would expire ON the 23rd., so I put my new card in @ about 8pm on the 22nd. just to be safe. I had plenty of time/txts left though so it's not a big concern of mine, nor is the message telling me how many mins. I have available. I don't use my phone that much and I'm not a miser though!

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by otherwise
    I would have to say enjoy it while you can because one way or another, they will catch it sooner or later. Some moron will call customer service and ask them why it's rolling over, they will check into it, see what's going on, and put a stop to it.
    Yeah..........cause they certainly would never notice it being discussed here on an open forum...........

Phones
    HTC Eris
    Samsung R451c-wife
    Samsung I910-up for sale
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voohere
    Well my service end date was today, but I went ahead and loaded a new month last night (of 1000/1000/30). I wasn't able to check my balance until today and weirdly, it now says this:

Here are the details of your remaining balance:

Minutes 1737.0 Minutes

SMS/MMS 1647 Text Messages

Data 55.2 Mb of Web Browsing

Service End Date 01/26/2010

It's like it just added to my remaining balance instead of wiping the slate clean for another month. Weird.
    Just signed the wife up had a couple of issues at first on the $30 plan. Looked today and had double min. Wish I knew this before I signed up for the unlimited

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy s**t.. What a Ride!! '

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    6 days later and all my stuff is still rolled over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2