Thread: Is Straight Talk 411 changing?

Feedback Score

Is Straight Talk 411 changing?

What's the deal with ST 411? Wasn't it Verizon based 411 before?
    There are some reports that it is now going to a free 411 service.
    Any reports, confirmations?

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    That would be pretty hard to do without reprogramming the phone -- 411 goes to whatever company is providing the service -- in this case Verizon. If you are roaming (I know that is impossible with ST) the 411 call goes to whatever company provides the service in that area (Pioneer, Sprint, etc.) I suppose that on new phones there could be reprogramming to direct 411 to a free service. I have a phone misprogrammed from the factory that goes to Net10's international calling service when I dial 411 (I can't figure that one out), so I know it is possible to reprogram phones to go somewhere else when 411 (or anything else) is dialed. Heck, on some of my Net10 and Trac phones Miami customer service is blocked in favor of the outsourced variety, and one of those phones is over three years old.

Feedback Score

I Figured Out How To Access 411!!!

Straight Talk has moved 411 to 800-free-411. I don't like having to wade through 3 minutes of adverts, to get a listing, and would just as soon use 800-GOOG-411, which is Google's free 411 service. But sometimes Google cannot figure out what I'm saying, or I am needing a residential listing, which Google doesn't offer.

I got to thinking. If dialing 611 takes me to Verizon's customer service, but *611 takes me to Straight Talk customer service, there might be a bypass to get to Verizon's 411. (In my area, Verizon hosts Straight Talk).

Anyhow, dialing *611 from my Straight Talk phone got me to Verizon's 411. Of course it's $1.99 when you're a Verizon customer, but they can't bill us! Bam! I got a live operator who connected me!

I Love It!
    Colt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patchouli
    Straight Talk has moved 411 to 800-free-411. I don't like having to wade through 3 minutes of adverts, to get a listing, and would just as soon use 800-GOOG-411, which is Google's free 411 service. But sometimes Google cannot figure out what I'm saying, or I am needing a residential listing, which Google doesn't offer.

I got to thinking. If dialing 611 takes me to Verizon's customer service, but *611 takes me to Straight Talk customer service, there might be a bypass to get to Verizon's 411. (In my area, Verizon hosts Straight Talk).

Anyhow, dialing *611 from my Straight Talk phone got me to Verizon's 411. Of course it's $1.99 when you're a Verizon customer, but they can't bill us! Bam! I got a live operator who connected me!

I Love It!
    Colt

worked for me too

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I have the finesse it is good for my banking, email, and the 411.
    I use the 411 a lot actually 411 justifies having as trac/net/st just for that. I am going down to the 30 plan because I am playing with the boost 8330. It is more money but it syncs to my itunes (finesse does not) does great with the emails. Uses opera Mini. I haven't been anywhere yet that the boost bb doesn't work. Speakerphone for the bb is better. But the finesse is "sexier" so to speak. I didn't port any of my phones which is probably why I don't have the problems some do. I use my google voice number and for the past few years it has been very reliable.
    I
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phone
    LG225
    Carrier
    TRACFONE
    Feedback Score

i can't get the new 411 to work.i give it a town and state then business then name of business and it just keeps revolving the menu to all the numbers i can choose i choose 1 and it goes back and gives me the 4 phone number choices.i tried 611 but it gives me straight talk