Thread: Can I use my Cricket phone on ST?

Feedback Score

Can I use my Cricket phone on ST?

So I have a Cricket Branded CDMA Samsung Messager. Can I use this on the Straight Talk network? Both are CDMA, so I am hoping I wont have to buy another phone. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Nope. Straight Talk phones only on Straight Talk. Tracfone phones only on Tracfone. Net10 phones only on Net10. Andy company owned by Tracfone is LOCKED down. Only exception is that there is some compatibility between Safelink their govt . program and Tracfone.

You can try and get it flashed to Page Plus though and their 39.95 unlimited talk/text/20 meg plan. There are guys over there on the Page Plus side who do that kind of thing. One Page Plus dealer called cdma_freek is Cricket Mafia and a Page Plus dealer. He can full flash many cdma phones over to Page Plus for $25 plus shipping.

Page Plus's 29.95 1200 min/1200 message/50 meg plan beats ST's $30 1000 minute/message/30 meg plan but seeing as you are from Cricket , I am betting you probably want unlimited.

Page Plus is almost like Cricket or Metro with better coverage . Same as Straight Talk, plus roaming for extra charge.(ST doesn't have it.)

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 502master
    So I have a Cricket Branded CDMA Samsung Messager. Can I use this on the Straight Talk network? Both are CDMA, so I am hoping I wont have to buy another phone. Thanks
    Sorry to dissapoint you, but only phones sold by StraightTalk have their serial number in ST's system to be activated.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    If you can live with limited data, you may want to monitor your usage for a month before switching to see if you could live with 1200 minutes/1200 texts. Most people can and many find they would be better off with PP's pay by the minute plan as they use less than 300 minutes a month and almost no texting. Even a kid with flying thumbs can usually live with 1200 texts a month, which is actually quite economical with PP's 1200/1200 plan, although I think they have a 2000 text a month plan for $20 and 1000 texts a month for $10.95 if you don't talk much (on that plan voice is at 6-10 cents per minute depending on the top-up being used). Just remember that there isn't unlimited nights and weekends on these plans if you are coming from postpaid. I would bet a lot of people pick unlimited that really don't need it just because they want the luxury of not having to count their minutes and texts, which is money wasted in my opinion.