Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here's a tip for prepaid Verizon phones

Phone
    LG VX5500PP
    Feedback Score

Here's a tip for prepaid Verizon phones

Hello, I hope I'm using the correct etiquette for posting, but I was fumbling around this forum for weeks, on the internet, with Verizon and page plus call centre trying to get my phone activated with pageplus, until I found this solution.

I have a prepaid LG VX5500PP (bought at WalMart), and apparently page plus has a known problem activating prepaid verizon phones, even though they said that they are able to. I thought I successfully received a new number, but whenever I called out another number would show, and the money I added to the phone wasn't showing either. I talked to the call centre and they told me how to activate and reset my phone manually, but the service code (normally 6 0's) is different for each prepaid phone. Thus the call centre couldn't help me.

So here's the roundabout way I activated my phone to the number page plus gave me:

Resetting to factory settings to reset the service code: (this is from http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/lg...-vx3200-2.html)
    You will need to save your Information such as your MDN# & MIN# and goto MENU > Settings & Tools > Phone Settings > Security > you will then see a prompt asking for the last 4-digits of your Phone Number. If you have already activated your phone use the last 4-digits of your Phone Number, but if you are unsure of this go back to your Wallpaper on your Phone and enter this Code #4357*4357 then press "SEND" you will then see Information about your Phone and your Phone number will be displayed on top for most LG Phones. Then once you write that down on a piece of paper repeat the steps above and look on the bottom for "Reset Default" then your Phone will restart then once your back to your wallpaper on your Cell repeat the same step but this time select "Restore Phone" or if you have nothing on the Phone already just skip the "Reset Phone" Part so that you can Erase all Data from the NAM selections. You're Phone will restart once again if you repeat the same step and you will see a Alert Box to Activate your phone just hit "END" and you will bypass that screen and come up to Verizon's Preset Wallpaper and be able to see a Read Out stating "Inital Programming Required..." this will allow you to open up access to these two MENU's in which did not work fully with 6 zero's as for when you have used the MENU Options before.

Then to access the service code:
    Type ##7764726 (Model # goes here to finish the code), for instance mine was ##77647265500, then hit "SEND".
    6 "?"'s will appear. For this you can now use the 000000 code to fill up these ? marks.

To reset into the page plus network, this is what I did:
    Hit 1 for service program, press okay
    The old phone number will appear, this is where you would type your new Page Plus phone number that the call centre has given you. Press okay ONCE.
    Then in the next section type 541-236-0339 (this is probably different depending on which area you are in, might need to contact call centre for the correct number) press okay
    Enter in the system ID that the call centre can give you, hit okay
    nam 1 screen, hit okay
    the phone will restart.
    Once the phone has restarted, enter in a 10 digit phone number to complete the activation.

I hope this helps people who are buying prepaid verizon phones successfully activate them. I know it's been pretty difficult for me, but I thought I'd share what little knowledge I have.
    Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    I'm glad someone else confirms that doing a factory restore on the VX5500 prepaid will reset the SPC to 000000. I posted that some weeks ago, but was told I was mistaken.

Phones
    Droid X
    Droid X
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    does this happen to all lg 5500's or just some and how do you know if your one?

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    My Lg 5500 for my wife activated with no problem. I have another that I'll be activating for myself when my minutes are used up on my current Gophone, hopefully there will be no problem.

Phones
    iPhone 4s 64 gb Factory Unlocked
    IPhone 3G
    Carriers
    TMobile-
    Revol-Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    That is a great 1st post brittinator, but I think what you are doing is an eprom reset which can cause damage to a phone if not done right.

I would ad a disclaimer to your post so nobody starts flaming you for them messing up their phones.
    Life is an internal struggle, modding phones is a PITA.

Please before you pm me find your way to the search button found here or google.

If you didn't get exhausted and frustrated searching, please continue your search until you are.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Umm, so I messed up my phone.

It's a VX5500 already active on Page Plus. I reset it then did an OTA program (*22890) again. Now I can't call anyone, the Verizon lady says "We are unable to authenticate your phone". I can call #737, *611 and *22891 OK. Everything in the service program looks correct.

I searched and the two threads about "unable to authenticate" didn't help much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brittinator
    I have a prepaid LG VX5500PP (bought at WalMart), and apparently page plus has a known problem activating prepaid verizon phones
    That's simply not true as a blanket statement.

I've bought several phones and had zero problems activating them on PP.

Maybe YOUR phone, or the model you chose, has a problem--but overall, PagePlus does NOT have any "known problems" activating prepaid verizon phones. Not one bit.

And to spread that around in a forum like this as gospel is, frankly, irresponsible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305

It's a VX5500 already active on Page Plus. I reset it then did an OTA program (*22890) again. Now I can't call anyone, the Verizon lady says "We are unable to authenticate your phone". I can call #737, *611 and *22891 OK. Everything in the service program looks correct.

I have a VX5500 on Verizon Inpulse/prepaid, and this "unable to authenticate" has happened twice at different times (not connected with a reset) -- seemed to start when I moved out of my home area. The first time, I called Verizon CS, and after messing around with OTA and manually programming to no avail, tech support finally had me enter a new Akey, which seemed to fix the problem. The second time, I called Verizon tech support, and he just had me turn off the phone, remove the battery for a few minutes, then power up and do an OTA program, which to my surprise fixed the problem.

I've read that changing to another ESN and back will reauthenticate the phone, but I haven't tried that, and that is not as easy with Page Plus as with Verizon.

Phones
    IPhone 3G
    Carriers
    TMobile-
    Revol-Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305

Call VZW and tell them that message, it should easily be fixed.

Phone
    LG VX5500PP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991
    That's simply not true as a blanket statement.

I've bought several phones and had zero problems activating them on PP.

Maybe YOUR phone, or the model you chose, has a problem--but overall, PagePlus does NOT have any "known problems" activating prepaid verizon phones. Not one bit.

And to spread that around in a forum like this as gospel is, frankly, irresponsible.
    I'm not saying that it is "gospel", but I guess I should have put it in quotes because that is what a person with page plus that seemed knowledgeable told me. She said that for some reason the prepaid verizon phones were more difficult than either their verizon post-paid counterparts, or their own page plus phones.

And yes, this procedure did work for my phone, but I don't really want to say "try this out for any phone having a problem." I'm simply stating that for someone who can't get the six 0's to work when page plus tries to walk them through the resetting procedure, this *might* work.
    I just wanted to add this to the forum, because when I was searching through it seemed like this phone restart/reset procedure was not listed, and if I can help one person then I think it's worthwhile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brittinator
    I'm not saying that it is "gospel", but I guess I should have put it in quotes because that is what a person with page plus that seemed knowledgeable told me. She said that for some reason the prepaid verizon phones were more difficult than either their verizon post-paid counterparts, or their own page plus phones.
    The "more difficult" is probably because the Verizon Inpulse/prepaid phones have a non-zero (unknown) SPC, and consequently are not so easy to program manually. Normally, however, the Verizon prepaid phones will program OTA for Page Plus with no problem, so the SPC is not necessary in those cases.

Phones
    IPhone 3G
    Carriers
    TMobile-
    Revol-Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    PPC knows they cannot manually program these VZW phones without a proper SPC. VZW subsidizes these phones to keep them cheap for their customers not PPC or any other carrier for that matter.

OTA has not worked entirely on all new prepaid VZW phones, it has to get unlocked.

Phone
    Sprint Touch Pro
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Although I had no problem activating/porting last night with a vx5500 bought at wal-mart through PPC website. Thanks for the info.
    Link for someone wanting to get quick to it.
    https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onl.../Activate.aspx
    Esn's under battery and is Meid #
    Account # for me was Tracfone #
    no pass code for pass code
    *22890 afterward and your done

Phones
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Droid RAZR on PP
    Droid RAZR M on PP
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    To address a few statements in this post:

First, yes, it is known that VZW prepaid phones do not program correctly to Page Plus if they have been activated with Verizon PrePay. Why? Because we can't manually program the phone and it doesn't keep the OTA for Page Plus after activation with Verizon.

The unable to authenticate is a minor error and can be fixed by "Resetting Authentication". If you are on Page Plus, call and let the CSR know you are getting the message (preferably from another phone of course). If you are on Verizon, call and let the CSR know.
    Just the Smilies I like: Ok, I'm done.

DISCLAIMER: I am not liable for any damage to any phones from my suggestions. Please be a responsible cell phone owner.

Phone
    Sprint Touch Pro
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Be very careful not to hit the send button after you've charged the phone a bit. It says upon start up to hit send for setup to verizon. I have a problem with someone/something telling me not to do something. I want to really bad:P
    I wonder how much is this problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast