Thread: Picture messaging with straighttalk

Feedback Score

Picture messaging with straighttalk

Hi. I want to get one of straighttalk's phones with a camera. I currently have the low end LG220 (no camera).

Questions:

1. The 30$ plan is more than enough for me so far. If I get a camera phone - does that mean I can send 1000 picture messages, too? On the card it says 1000 text or picture messages. I've never had a camera phone so excuse my ignorance here.

2. I've seen tons of stuff about the samsung slider and the lg290c - but noone ever seems to post pictures taken by the phones - can someone please please post pics from each of these phones and comment on the picture taking ability.

3. I'd like to be able to send pics to flickr, tumblr, etc - by mms - so I'd like to know everything I can there.

Thanks for anything else you can tell me.

It will have to either be the samsung slider or the LG - I can't even think about that 300 dollar something touch screen - just sayin'

Phone
    samsung r451c
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    the camera isnt that great. its just a 1.3mp....

when you send a pic message it counts as a text message and then also uses some of your data..

Feedback Score
    I was'nt expecting the world, I know the limitations of both cameras is 1.3 megapixels, I'd just like to see the output and figure out which is better.

You say it takes 'data' too - so does that mean I would limited to sending less than 30 pics a month 1.3 megapixels a pic with a data limit of 30mb? So around 22-25 pics a month on the $30 dollar plan then? That'd be fine for my needs - just want to make sure I understand it well.

Do post some pics please

Phones
    Samsung R451c
    Moto Q 9c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic
    You say it takes 'data' too - so does that mean I would limited to sending less than 30 pics a month 1.3 megapixels a pic with a data limit of 30mb? So around 22-25 pics a month on the $30 dollar plan then? That'd be fine for my needs - just want to make sure I understand it well.
    It's actually a lot more than 22-25 pics. The 1000 text messages include all incoming and outgoing text and/or picture messages. A picture message will also use up some of the 30Mb of data. How much data depends on the size of the picture. I have the samsung slider and one of my pictures is 137Kb and has a resolution of 480x640. Since there are 1000Kb in 1Mb, I could text that picture about 218 times before I used up the whole 30Mb included in the plan (provided I've done my math correctly).

Also, I've never uploaded anything to flickr but I have sent pictures to Facebook, and that works.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've owned both phones... I uploaded to Facebook and Photobucket with no problems.

Here's a pic from the LG290...

and I took this pic of my R810 with the R451...

I re-sized them both... as you can see they didn't take a bad pic. But they were also in really good daytime lighting, I have some early morning and night shots that didn't come out nearly as nice. HTH

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Phones
    Samsung R451C
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    I've owned both phones... I uploaded to Facebook and Photobucket with no problems.

Here's a pic from the LG290...

and I took this pic of my R810 with the R451...

I re-sized them both... as you can see they didn't take a bad pic. But they were also in really good daytime lighting, I have some early morning and night shots that didn't come out nearly as nice. HTH
    Nice pic, is that a purple skin on your phone. If so I like it and want one for my r451.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhondap
    Nice pic, is that a purple skin on your phone. If so I like it and want one for my r451.

Yep it's purpley pink, it's technically for the iPhone but it fits. All the side slots aren't the same except the on/off button but I don't care because you can use the buttons right through the skin and if I needed to charge I just popped it off. I bought 2 of these at Wally World while I was waiting for the ones I bought off eBay (that were made for the R810) ~ they're made by Jelly Belly and each one actually smells like a jelly bean! lol The purple one is tutti-frutti I believe and the blue one smells like a blueberry! I just couldn't pass that up.

Phones
    LG290C
    Nokia 2126i (until dog ate it)
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There are some more pictures taken with the LG 290c here: http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...98&postcount=4 . For info on transferring pics from the 290c to your PC via Bluetooth see here:http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1581192&page=5 .

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by episodic
    I was'nt expecting the world, I know the limitations of both cameras is 1.3 megapixels, I'd just like to see the output and figure out which is better.

Do post some pics please
    The cameraphones automatically compress the image, so even if they have a 1.3M sensor, a compressed 1280 x 1024 or 1280 x 960 jpeg image will be somewhere around 300k. The exact size varies a lot, depending the image.