Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ** PIX/FLIX VZWFLIX.COM ETC.. KEEP HERE **

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

vzwpix.com & Pageplus?

I received a text today on my Pageplus phone that said:
    "You've got a PIX or FLIX message! To see it, visit www.vzwpix.com from an internet accessible computer & follow the directions."

As you can guess, I can't log onto vzwpix.com since I don't have a verizon wireless account.
    Any ideas or advice?

Phones
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Droid RAZR on PP
    Droid RAZR M on PP
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Because I have little time to post, I am going to say one of two things are happening here.

First, your phone may not be able to receive MMS messages.

If that is not the case, what you may need to do is edit the MMS settings within the phone to receive pictures. As for the exact settings, I am unsure of them at this moment. I'll see if I can dig anything up.
    Just the Smilies I like: Ok, I'm done.

DISCLAIMER: I am not liable for any damage to any phones from my suggestions. Please be a responsible cell phone owner.

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks in advance.
    The phone is a Motorola Q9C. The PagePlus account page says:
    Standard - Data and MMS capable
    Last edited by larrycl; 12-30-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Phones
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Droid RAZR on PP
    Droid RAZR M on PP
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Motorola Q9c that was originally under what carrier? Sprint, Alltel, VZW?

Feedback Score
    I'm having the same problem. I even included it in my sig hoping to get a solution. Mine is:

****Verizon Samsung U430 no MMS****
    Ok just switched back to UTnT from TnT. Before I could send my phone ringtones as attachments & pictures to 1234567890@mypixmessages.com. Now I get this message: "You've got a PIX message! To see it, vist www.vzwpix.com from an internet accessible computer & follow directions." Course that won't work.

Called PPC, my phone is not supported, et al. I can send & receive SMS & use the internet. What the heck is going on & how can is this remedied? Thanks.*****
    Cricket (AT&T) $35 a month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text & 1GB Data. (5.5 months for $45 TOTAL to start!)
    T-Mobile ToGo Gold Rewards $10 a year for airtime expiration extension.
    RingPlus Mobile (Sprint) 325min/70txt/10MB Data a month FREE! x2 Family

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonbiz
    Motorola Q9c that was originally under what carrier? Sprint, Alltel, VZW?
    Q9c originally under Verizon.

Feedback Score

"You've got a PIX or FLIX message!"... Why?

I received the following message yesterday when a friend sent me a picture message:

You've got a PIX or FLIX message! To see it, visit www.vzwpix.com from an internet accessible computer & follow the directions
    Three questions:

1) Why would I get this notification? I have SMS enabled, and have received picture messages from the same person in the past.

2) Given that I'm on PagePlus, and not Verizon Wireless, is it possible to log in and retrieve this message/picture?

3) What generally causes this notification to be sent to a user instead of the actual picture/message?

Feedback Score

Grondar

I got this same message about 2 weeks ago on my Centro which had previously had no problem sending/receiving pic messages. Something has changed with PP. Thinking it was a software issue as I downloaded the latest Palm software from email received....looks to be a problem on PP end. When I started with PP last summer, I was assured the Centro was 'approved" and now c/s says it's not on the list?? Come on PP..it's a sorry way to run your business.

Let me know if you have any success.

Forgot to add that the pic site is a Verizon site and not accessible unless a Vrz customer.

Phones
    Samsung OMNIA i910
    Motorola RAZR V3, W385, Q, Q9
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Simple Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200
    I got this same message about 2 weeks ago on my Centro which had previously had no problem sending/receiving pic messages. Something has changed with PP. Thinking it was a software issue as I downloaded the latest Palm software from email received....looks to be a problem on PP end. When I started with PP last summer, I was assured the Centro was 'approved" and now c/s says it's not on the list?? Come on PP..it's a sorry way to run your business.

Let me know if you have any success.

Forgot to add that the pic site is a Verizon site and not accessible unless a Vrz customer.
    Centro has never been a PagePlus device, it is a Verizon approved but that is different, not at all the same.

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Did you by any chance change plans recently? Sometimes plan changes will default your account back to data turned off. And data turned off means no MMS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tedison
    Did you by any chance change plans recently? Sometimes plan changes will default your account back to data turned off. And data turned off means no MMS.
    I switched to UTnT on the first of the month.

I just emailed myself a photo, and got the same message I originally quoted. Thus, I guess SMS is disabled, though on the PPC website it says it's enabled (check box with SMS is checked).

I tried unchecking/checking the SMS box, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

I suspect I'll have to call customer service, though I'll submit a trouble ticket in the meantime and see if that resolves anything.

Phones
    LG VX 8360
    Motorola W175G
    LG VX5500
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    SMS=text
    MMS=data including picture messaging.

You'll need to call CS to have them enable data on the account. I tried once to have CS enable data via email ticket but they replied that I needed to call to have this done.

Feedback Score
    glte...last June when I called C/S, I was informed that "yes, the Centro p model is approved"..then I bought the new Centro (Vz branded) on eBay. Worked fine, but initially had to go up to top level tech to get all features going. When I recently discovered pic mail problem, I called PP, spoke to rep Felecia and she told me Centro was NOT approved and therefore could do nothing..I politely asked to speak to tech help, was put on hold for 2 minutes and then hung up on...arg, maddening. So maybe it's worth another call to try a different rep, but the hold time is aggravating. Will try again to have someone check to see if data is turned on.
    Hopefully all this uncertainly will come to a happy end...and best of luck to all of the fine dealers who have helped me/us tremendously this past year.
    Last edited by jimxx200; 02-06-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Phones
    Samsung R451C
    LG vx9800 The V
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    now im starting to get the same problem.

ive never had a problem receiving mms messages until this month. i dont know what is up and i know what pageplus support is going to say when i call them.

i had Utnt, then switched to 1200 tnt, then utnt this motnh and thats when it started happening

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that when you changed plans you had to call in to have the data turned on for the plan again. Maybe? I'll double check.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast