1. Download and install BitPim and XVI32 on your Windows computer. These are both legal free programs that can be obtained legitimately from their developer's sites.
2. Select model "LG VX8560 (Chocolate 3)" in BitPim and connect to your phone. Click on the "Filesystem" icon then click on the "+" to expand the root directory.
3. Open directory "OWS" and find file "paramtable1.fil". Right-click on the file name and select Save. This will read the file out of the phone and save it on your computer.
4. On your computer, make a copy of the file in case you need to revert. Rename the copy something like "paramtable1.fil.bak"
5. Open the file using XVI32.
6. Edit the byte at address 2 (the "third byte in the file") from 00 to 20 by typing in the left side of the window.
7. Scroll down to address 2A1, and click on the text in the right side then type "ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com" over top of "gw.vzwwap.com." Do the same thing with the other gateway at address 2F2, using ppcgw2 instead. (Note: DO NOT press the backspace key if you make a mistake, XVI32 will shift everything in the file and mess it up. When you are done, double check that the next non-zero byte, a "h", is at address 343).
8. Save the file out of XVI32.
9. Go back to BitPim and right click on the file again, choose "Overwrite" to read the edited file from your computer back to the phone.
10. Restart the phone (turn power off and back on with the End key).
11. Select "Mobile Web" and the MSN homepage (costly for data) should load.