Thread: Can't unlock the phone

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG Dare (Backup)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can't unlock the phone

My bro has the passcode lock feature enabled, well his friend was looking at his phone and wanted it, so they tried drawing the unlock image like 3 times or something and then now it doesnt show the circles to connect the dots. The phone now asks for your user name and password, my bro put all his info in correctly probably about ten times and the phone still will not accept his info, yet on his computer his username and password for gmail work. How does he get into his phone? Thanks guys.

Phone
    Droid
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Other people I've seen have this problem have had to call Verizon to get them to unlock it..
    Matt

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    P+
    Feedback Score
    Just a guess, the phone might be asking the user name and password for securing the phone's credentials, not the gmail's.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG Dare (Backup)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The username and password its asking for is the gmail account password. The phone never has asked to make a username or password other than a gmail account. Has yours?

Feedback Score
    there is a thread about this in another forum...

http://androidforums.com/motorola-dr...our-droid.html

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    LG Dare (Backup)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Figured out how to bypass this if anyone runs into this problem. When you are locked out of the phone, have someone call you. When in the call press one of the menu buttons, it will take you to the main menu. From there go to settings and then do the factory reset. After you do the reset put in your old gmail account and it will resync everything.