Thread: Moving Phone Numbers From my Verizon phone to my Tracfone

Feedback Score

Moving Phone Numbers From my Verizon phone to my Tracfone

I have a Verizon Samsung model SCH-U540 phone. I left Verizon and went to Tracfone. I was able to port my old number easily. My problem is that I now want to move my phone list from the Samsung to the Tracfone Motorola Model W376G phone. I have asked about doing this where I bought my Tracfone, but they tell me that I have to enter all of the numbers manually. I will do so if I have to, but seeing some of the posts here I feel that somebody will be able to tell me how it can be easily done.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    The Verizon store had a small box they plugged both phone into which transfered her contact list when my wife changed phones with her "new for two" contract. I would be surprised if a VZW store would do that for you or if it is possible using a non VZW phone. T-Mobile will sync your contacts to their web site if you are a customer. Its a simple matter of re-syncing a new T-Mo phone.

I've lost count of the number of phones I've manually loaded my contacts in to. I have 68 contacts. I crack open a beer, set down and start punching. It usually takes less than an hour. Some phones are easier than others. As I recall the W376G was one of the more time consuming.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Or you could get a 'SIM Card reader/writer' for under $5.00.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Most phones that I have had preferentially use phone memory over the SIM for recording contact information. If you remember to set the phone to record contacts on your SIM that reader/writer would work fantastically. Once you have entered that contact info in the phone memory that writer becomes useless (with most phones) as the info must be re-entered into the phone to put it on the SIM, remembering to select "record to SIM" when doing so.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    The OP's VZ handset would be CDMA......no sim.

Maybe possible to use appropriate sammy suite software to transfer contacts to MS Outlook and from there to a SIM in a reader/writer? Not sure what software or conversions would be required to do the Outlook to Sim transfer.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    Most phones that I have had preferentially use phone memory over the SIM for recording contact information. If you remember to set the phone to record contacts on your SIM that reader/writer would work fantastically. Once you have entered that contact info in the phone memory that writer becomes useless (with most phones) as the info must be re-entered into the phone to put it on the SIM, remembering to select "record to SIM" when doing so.
    Most phones have a "copy to SIM" utility somewhere in the phonebook management menus. Still doesn't help in the OP's situation, since the Verizon phone doesn't have a SIM.

Usually, you can bluetooth contacts from one phone to another, but the W376 bluetooth only supports headsets, so that's also a no-go. You might be able to bluetooth to a PC, but then you've got the same issue as Tracnet's idea, how to translate to the SIM reader format.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I just finished manually loading my contacts in to a recently activated Tracfone.
    I printed out the contact list from T-Mo web site to made it go faster. It took me less than an hour (taking a few breaks) to load 68 contacts.

Phones
    LG290C
    Nokia 2126i (until dog ate it)
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Both these phones have Bluetooth does the W376G support transfer of contacts over Bluetooth? My LG 290C does.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stp2128
    Both these phones have Bluetooth does the W376G support transfer of contacts over Bluetooth? My LG 290C does.
    No, the Bluetooth in the w376G is crippeled to the point that it only supports connect with a Headset.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stp2128
    No, the 376 can only communicate with a Bluetooth earset.