Thread: when I write a cricket prl it doesnt work properly

Feedback Score

when I write a cricket prl it doesnt work properly

when I load a cricket prl, I cant get the 611 to ever say welcome to cricket. I can load a verizon prl and when I dial 611, I get the welcome to verizon message. WHen I load a sprint prl it says welcome to sprint. When I load a pocket prl, it says welcome to pocket. For some reason all 43 cricket prls I have found, wont give me the cricket messege when I dial 611.

the messge says, "my carrier may not be participating in home custom care provided by ranger wireless solutions, please dial your service provider directly."

Whats going on, please help. One more thing, when I dial *228 it does say welcome to cricket, and it tries to update the prl, but it never finishes, it goes about 5 seconds and then says it cant do it. Then hangs up on me.

Oh I used CDMA workshop. I know it works because look above, verizon, sprint, and pocket all work.

Feedback Score
    I used all of the following prls plus all the ones from corolada. Remember when I use a sprint or verizon one from corolada , they work. Do I have to add the esn to my account before my storms will be able to dial 611 and get cricket. Is there something different for the storm and cricket? You would think that if verizon and sprint work, that 611 would be able to dial cricket. It does go to cricket when I dial *228.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8330 on Alltel
    Q, 6700 and 6800 on Cricket
    BlackBerry 8830 Retired
    Carriers
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I hate to ask the obvious question, but....are you in a Cricket market?

Feedback Score
    yes, I am in SanAntonio and have had service here for 2-3 years. lol. I have gotten 611 to call cricket but when I do the *228 it starts the programing, but 2 seconds later it says sorry cant program. I am using prl 1039. but that one doesnt work either. I have changed esns though cricket, but when I make a call its busy, instead of american roaming network, so Im close, I just need a boost.

Feedback Score
    old phone isnt working so cricket has to have done the esn change. The old phone wont do the *228 programing either. Funny thing is my old phone is busy when I make a call, and so if the new phone

Phones
    Motorola Razor
    Blackberry Pearl
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Might want to take it to a cricket store. It is usually one of these things:

1. You are in an AWS Market.
    2. The rep entered the wrong ESN on your account. Therefore the phone won't OTAP
    3. You need to update the SID for your phone.

The PRL I usually use is 1040. That is pretty standard.

I hope this helps.

Phones
    Touch Pro (Cricket)
    Silence 9 rom
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

im in san antonio, i fully flashed my touch pro. u need the oh soo freakin elusive 1015 prl for san antonio... i used to have it but accidently deleted it

2mb test results...

Phones
    HTC Evo - Sprint
    HTC Evo - Sprint
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    try using 1043 prl and make sure your SID is correct in the phone..... don't depend on OTAP as it is hit and miss anyway (rarely works in my market). Manually program your phone with correct sid/prl and you should b good.

Phones
    6800 MOGUL
    i phone
    Carriers
    CRICKET
    Feedback Score
    WHY CANT U JUST MANUAL PROGRAM THE PHONE INSTED OF *228
    ((AND I ALWAYS LOAD A CRICKET NUMBER TO THE PHONE AND THEN IT WILL SAY WELCOME TO CRICKET WHEN U 611

(210)FLASH BY A-1
    MOGUL MASTER..I CAN TAKE A MOGUL APART WITH MY EYES CLOSED ..OH YA AND FLASH THAT *** TO (GOTA LOVE THA HTC):lolup

Phones
    HTV EVO
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carriers
    SPRINT FREE ACCOUNT :-)
    Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    What phone do you have? Samsung?
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky2007
    when I load a cricket prl, I cant get the 611 to ever say welcome to cricket. I can load a verizon prl and when I dial 611, I get the welcome to verizon message. WHen I load a sprint prl it says welcome to sprint. When I load a pocket prl, it says welcome to pocket. For some reason all 43 cricket prls I have found, wont give me the cricket messege when I dial 611.

the messge says, "my carrier may not be participating in home custom care provided by ranger wireless solutions, please dial your service provider directly."

Whats going on, please help. One more thing, when I dial *228 it does say welcome to cricket, and it tries to update the prl, but it never finishes, it goes about 5 seconds and then says it cant do it. Then hangs up on me.

Oh I used CDMA workshop. I know it works because look above, verizon, sprint, and pocket all work.

Feedback Score

"my carrier may not be participating in home custom care provided by ranger wireless

How did you guys solve this issue???

Quote Originally Posted by bucky2007

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by insanecain View Post
    try using 1043 prl and make sure your SID is correct in the phone..... don't depend on OTAP as it is hit and miss anyway (rarely works in my market). Manually program your phone with correct sid/prl and you should b good.
    I am having the EXACT same problem the first post mentioned. I have loaded a couple of PRL'S and upon dialing 611 I get that my carrier service is not participating in home customer service or something along those lines.

I have an unlocked Samsung Instinct, and I am not familiar with this SID. How would I know if its the correct one or if it needs to be updated? How did the first post resolve this matter? I am curious to know because I think it would be of great help in my situation as well.

Phones
    Hero, Touch (Vogue), Touch (Vogue), Hero, TP, Droid
    Mogul Retired, Treo 650 Retired
    Lingo Retired, Samsung A640 Retired
    Carriers
    Green Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangeldawn View Post
    I am having the EXACT same problem the first post mentioned. I have loaded a couple of PRL'S and upon dialing 611 I get that my carrier service is not participating in home customer service or something along those lines.

I have an unlocked Samsung Instinct, and I am not familiar with this SID. How would I know if its the correct one or if it needs to be updated? How did the first post resolve this matter? I am curious to know because I think it would be of great help in my situation as well.
    You may want to search for the SID thread here in the forum, find the SID for your market or the closest market in your area and try that one. You can also do what I did when I flashed my first phone do a google search for cricket SID's or contact a local dealer or mention where you are located at least.
    SID are network/area specific and have no bearing on devices.

Feedback Score
    don't even waste your time, it will not work, the only way it will work is when you metroflash - thanks for help and good luck

Feedback Score
    Hello everybody I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to flashing android phones. I have read through every post on this forum, and various different forums and cannot seem to get my Motorola Droid to work on the Cricket service. I have used all of the different prls and even the one that is recommended 6499NAT, and 38515 but I receive no signal with 6499NAT and I receive the Verizon message on the 38515 one. I'm using CyanogenMod 6.0 RC3 rom on Froyo 2.2. I've followed all of the steps in the guide, but its not working. Any suggestions? Also I'm in the Missouri cricket market, I'm not sure if this makes any difference. PM me or post a reply. Thanks everyone.