Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Customer Service Sucks

Phone
    Straight Talk r451c
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk Customer Service Sucks

WOW what country are they in! i know they are in america but damn! can you get someone on the phone that understands english! i am mexican american and i had to speak spanish to the rep. to understand her! thats pretty sad! i hate having to call them because i already know that its going to be a problem!

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leroydrael
    WOW what country are they in! i know they are in america but damn! can you get someone on the phone that understands english! i am mexican american and i had to speak spanish to the rep. to understand her! thats pretty sad! i hate having to call them because i already know that its going to be a problem!
    They are somewhere in South America. This was the reason I left. I was just glad to finally get my number released by them. I don't care how cheap they are, it's not worth it for me.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When you find a CSR that actually knows what they're doing (Elston excluded) and speaks English could you let me know? Because despite their horrible English and the fact that some of them are dumb as stumps.... they are at least polite to the point of being almost too polite. And if they don't know how to help you they will find someone who does. I can't say the same for AT&T, who hands down had the worst CSR's I've ever dealt with.

I've heard Verizon has pretty good cs but I've never dealt with them so I couldn't say. And I'm not about to go back to spending well over 100 bucks a month to find out. For the money I'm saving I'll deal with the aggravation.

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Feedback Score
    Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

SuperCSR Elston: ELombillo@tracfone.com

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr TracFone
    Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

SuperCSR Elston: ELombillo@tracfone.com

Well said.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    When you find a CSR that actually knows what they're doing (Elston excluded) and speaks English could you let me know? Because despite their horrible English and the fact that some of them are dumb as stumps.... they are at least polite to the point of being almost too polite. And if they don't know how to help you they will find someone who does. I can't say the same for AT&T, who hands down had the worst CSR's I've ever dealt with.

I've heard Verizon has pretty good cs but I've never dealt with them so I couldn't say. And I'm not about to go back to spending well over 100 bucks a month to find out. For the money I'm saving I'll deal with the aggravation.
    I've had the opposite experience. at&t CSRs were always great to me. Verizon was horrid. Sprint has actually always been good too.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304
    I've had the opposite experience. at&t CSRs were always great to me. Verizon was horrid. Sprint has actually always been good too.

I think it all depends on who you were lucky.... or unlucky enough to get that day. I remember how shocked I was when I called AT&T and got the nicest lady going.... she fixed my problem and even gave me a $30 credit on my bill for my trouble! I was floored. I still remember her name was Diane... and when she sent that survey I gave her a rave review... which was not the case 99% of the time.

My best friend has Sprint and even though she gets crappy service sometimes she stays with them because they're always nice to her. I told her it's because they're able to talk her into things all the time. Her latest is the Behold HD.... no wonder they're nice to her. lol

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    I think it all depends on who you were lucky.... or unlucky enough to get that day. I remember how shocked I was when I called AT&T and got the nicest lady going.... she fixed my problem and even gave me a $30 credit on my bill for my trouble! I was floored. I still remember her name was Diane... and when she sent that survey I gave her a rave review... which was not the case 99% of the time.

My best friend has Sprint and even though she gets crappy service sometimes she stays with them because they're always nice to her. I told her it's because they're able to talk her into things all the time. Her latest is the Behold HD.... no wonder they're nice to her. lol

Your best friend should consider an amplifier/antenna kit for her car. Assuming she isn't on Nextel, there is one that amplifies and retransmits the signal so any phone in the car can use it (the Wilson Signal Boost Amp 801241 is one). That should improve her service -- there is usually a signal (if you are near a town), it is just too weak for the phone to use. The kit I mention is claimed to be able to handle up to a -110 signal (a good signal is -95 or higher [-95, -94, -93 -- not -95, -96,. . . ]). A phone without an amp is likely to start dropping calls and having clippiness in the voice at -100 or so. -110 is (IIRC) ten times the signal of -100, it is not a straight numeric computation.

There are also kits with adapters to hook directly to a phone if that is of any use, although not all phones have the necessary plug for an external antenna.

Feedback Score

Facebook?

I feel like whenever you call customer service regardless of the company it is going to be difficult. Especially with as everyone knows there is cheaper outside the US and that is where a lot of companies have call centers. Based on the post here straight talk is the same but they also have a way to bypass it. I recently had a problem but instead of calling i used there facebook page to contact a rep and get help. It was quite painless and got the job done.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure they outsource to the Philippines. I'm just glad I don't have to call them... my service is great and my bill is the same every 30 days.

Carrier
    Atrix on ST = :)
    Feedback Score

Cs

I don't understand what is everybody complaining about. I have called over 5 times with specific questions that I expect they will not be able to answer and I have received an answer within 30 seconds. I have never had such a great experience with any customer service (except maybe NewEgg).

Not even once I had to wait or be sent to somebody else, because the first person couldn't answer. And I have always been able to understand them. To me saving over $50 a month is way more important than CS anyway.

Feedback Score
    I plan to just buy the card at WM for $45 otd each month. Don't intend to contact support for anything. I don't think I called T-mobile in the past 2 years.

Feedback Score
    Straight Talk has a customer service page on Facebook. I have had much better luck dealing with issues that way. They are usually quick to respond to post. Try that instead.

Phones
    OPtimus Logic/ZTE Merit/HTC EVO V
    Moto Atrix 2
    LG Optimus Logic (Straight Talk)
    Carriers
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    i can't say I have had any issues with ST's customer service, granted only had to use them a few times, but they were helpful (even so much as finding me someone who could answer a question that they themselves couldn't

Phone
    LG290C
    Feedback Score
    ST customer service is awsome, no problems for me ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast