Thread: Keep getting same SMS over and over.

Phones
    HTC Tilt
    iphone for uss
    Carriers
    Cingular for USA and Fido for Canada //
    Telus (Canada)and T-Mobile canceled //
    Feedback Score

Keep getting same SMS over and over.

I keep getting same SMS over and over every 2 hours. Please help.

Feedback Score
    Is it from 3020 w/ OZMail in the message followed by a bunch of numbers/characters?

I'm getting the same thing and AT&T tech support can't figure it out. It started happening the other day when SMS messages were getting scrambled and going to the wrong people. I think I got subscribed to someone else's e-mail alerts.

I hope this gets fixed soon..

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This happens a lot when the system is bogged down with traffic.

Like New Years Night was super horrible, I sent a few texts saying happy new year to a few folks, and two called me reporting they received the message atleast 4-5 times over the course of an hour. Then around 4 AM I received no less than 100 messages all at once from multiple people flooding in - some of the messages repeated upto 10 times, and it was obvious they were sent at Midnight or a little later.

It has happened on a smaller scale in this area too like when our schools had it's graduation, and other times traffic is higher than normal. There's a delay in sending/receiving and sometimes the server sends the message multiple times when it failed to send the first time.

NOTE: It isn't a service issue, it is just a problem it seems with the SMS service getting bogged down like I said. During these times I can make/receive calls, get on the internet, everything fine.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Feedback Score
    My problem wasn't that they were delayed, it was that AT&T was showing my number on text messages that other people had sent. I was receiving the following messages from random numbers:

- Who is this!?
    - Who is this
    - Only got one
    - (Service denied MMS message)
    - Hahahaahaha
    Who's number is this

Keep in mind that I didn't send any messages to these people and I've never seen these numbers before. They were also all different numbers.

I just wish I'd quit getting those damn OZMail messages. I've set them to a silent alert but my LED still flashes...