Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Thread: Motorola Shadow Pre-Release Thread

Feedback Score
    So, if the Shadow were to launch with Eclair + Motoblur, when FroYo comes out, how long should we expect to have to wait to upgrade to FroYo.

I know the HTC handsets get delayed several months because of the Sense UI, does Motoblur cause similar delays? If you turn Motoblur off, can you upgrade to FroYo day 1 of its availibility?

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    Wirelessly posted (kbman\'s Moto Java on VZW: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android Froyo; en-us Build/FRE84C) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Just a little test...
    I like what I see there

Quote Originally Posted by Ark6
    True but...

I thought that isn't going make it in time for the launch date of the device?
    It has been mention as that but 2 things. One we don't know for sure as of yet, and secondly you don't know which devices is running it atm.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews...dow/10973.html

Not really new news, but it is funny how more and more websites are using forums as information. I am quite impressed that most of the information about this phone is coming from howardforums .
    October 15, 2010
    October 15, 2011
    July 15, 2012

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And that is exactly what happened here during the Droid pre release frenzy too...all of the info about and pics of the Droid were released on HoFo first and picked up by all the other phone sites, including BGR.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Samsung SGH-i607
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    June/July is gonna be big. I think I am narrowing my selection down to Shadow, or maybe the Dell Streak 5 incher. Streak won't be out til August but it will be released so should have all the information to make a good decision! I think 4.1 should be big enough screen for me, and given Motorola put some quality I might be leaning toward them just for that. So far the phone I loved the most and had no complaints was the Moto Razr, hoping they might pull that off again.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ErylFlynn
    June/July is gonna be big. I think I am narrowing my selection down to Shadow, or maybe the Dell Streak 5 incher. Streak won't be out til August but it will be released so should have all the information to make a good decision! I think 4.1 should be big enough screen for me, and given Motorola put some quality I might be leaning toward them just for that. So far the phone I loved the most and had no complaints was the Moto Razr, hoping they might pull that off again.
    Watching Shadow closely too. As I've said before, for me it must be convenient to carry without being cumbersome, don't need a big screen TV or small laptop in my pocket, I have them if I need them. Hoping Moto executes this phone with that in mind.

I am hopeful that this will be a solid performer. I agree that the Razr was one of Motorola's best, I had an 815 for awhile and it had great RF and call quality but it was too bulky compared to the Razr, I also loved the Krazr. Good solid RF performance and call quality on all those phones which is my #1 priority. I also like the call quality of the Droid but the keypad adds too much weight and bulk for me. I still have fond memories of the StarTac which is what originally won my loyalty to Motorola. Hopefully they won't pull another aws**t like the Rival.

I would also be very interested in the 4th generation iPhone if Apple would address the RF and call quality issues (not referring to the ones specifically resulting from being on AT&T) but doubt I would make that jump unless it came to VZW. There is a lot to be said for how well everything works on that phone.

That's my short list.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Long day, bill?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    yup,and they are just going to get longer.i wish i was stupid and could just breeze through my work days like some other people do..
    Will your days get better once some phones get released?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (since formed)
    Feedback Score
    Bill23, Threads like this tend to go off topic from time to time. I agree with you. It does suck.
    However, many of us here, very much appreciate your insight and info.... so please.... don't go anywhere.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @bill23...we appreciate any of your input, but I do wish I had ur problems...LOL

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 4 Dev Ed, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Please continue to the Shadow Part 2 Thread - Information Only.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646529

As the title implies, it is for information about the Shadow only.
    Please look for answers to questions first, so we don't have the same questions asked over and over again.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58