Thread: LG Eve - Cell Phone Freezes/Shuts Off/Will Not Turn On

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

LG Eve - Cell Phone Freezes/Shuts Off/Will Not Turn On

My cell phone will sometimes shut down or freeze and the only way to get it to turn back on is to remove the battery and put it back in. After that I can power my phone back on again and all is good until the next time it freezes.

I noticed this sometime happens when I am using the wall charger. I will plug the phone in before bed (it’s turned on), and the next morning when I take it off the charger, the phone will not power on. I have to remove the battery as indicated above.

I have had the phone for two weeks and am wondering if I have a defective battery and if getting a new one will solve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Howards review of the phone also cited frequent crashing, and on two different units.

Phone
    LG Shine
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have an update on this issue.

I tried to return the phone to where it was purchased and because it was past the 30 day "swap" period, they would not take it back and give me a new one.

I called Rogers and the person I spoke to said to try turning it off completely for a few minutes each day and at night when it was in the charger. I was also told to try not to keep to many SMS messages on the phone. I did all of this and it kept freezing.

So, I called Rogers again and spoke to someone else who walked me through how to do a master reset on the phone. This procedure brings the phone back to they way it was when it came out of the box. It removes absolutely everything! Contacts, downloaded applications, etc. It you have information saved to your SD card (downloaded ringtunes, pictures, etc.) and contacts saved on your SIM card or in your gmail account this should not be too much of an issue.

Once the master reset was done, I worked on changing my settings back to the way they were before, and began adding back some of the applications I had downloaded at the Android market.

I did not have any black screen or freezing issues for four days (keep in mind this was happening at least three or four times a day before the reset). Last night I fired up Linkbook and added my Facebook and Twitter accounts. All was good. I put the phone down for about an hour, and when I came back guess what? The screen was black and and I had to remove the battery to reboot.

Once the phone came back on, I removed my accounts from Linkbook and have not had a problem since.