Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! I dialed *22890 instead of *22891, now phone seems disabled!

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Help! I dialed *22890 instead of *22891, now phone seems disabled!

Help! I went out of town and noticed the Roaming icon on my phone but instead of *22891 to update my Roaming area, I dialed *22890. My phone went thru the Activation process and restarted. Now I CANT make/receive calls and texts! I get a recording saying "Welcome to Verizon... We're sorry we cannot complete your call..."

Ive talked to five Pageplus Reps already, they tried everything to no avail! Did the OTA *22890 several times, even removed the battery for hard reset, still no luck. The page plus dealer I went to even tried to transfer my number to a new phone and still got the Verizon recording. Im concerned that I might lose my number which I had for years! Anyone know any more codes I can use, or any suggestion at all?? I've been without cellphone for a week now! Any help will be appreciated...

(FYI, my phone is Samsung Alias u740)
    Last edited by joe.joe; 01-05-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Phone info

Phone
    Samsung Moment
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You probably just need to manually program your phone.
    There is no reason why you would lose your #.

Send me a message at my store, with your phone #, and explain this problem in the message, and Ill look it up to see if there is a special programming # (MIN) to go with your phone, and Ill give you your instructions to program the phone.

Contact Me Here

I think there are problems in the last few days with the OTA system, as Ive had a lot of customers all over the US having problems programming via the *228 OTA system.

*Link Edited by Moderator
    Last edited by avenue; 01-06-2010 at 05:47 AM.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Check under Phone Info / My Phone Number and see if your MDN (phone number) and MIN (special number that MRodgers was talking about) are correct. If you don't know what your MIN should be, you will need to have a dealer look it up, or call PP customer service from another phone (good luck on that one).

Then as long as your your phone is unlocked, you can manually program it with your MDN and MIN and it should work.

It's a good idea to write down your MIN and ESN in a safe place, it makes it much easier to set up a new phone should yours get lost or stolen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MRodgers
    You probably just need to manually program your phone.
    There is no reason why you would lose your #.

Send me a message at my store, with your phone #, and explain this problem in the message, and Ill look it up to see if there is a special programming # (MIN) to go with your phone, and Ill give you your instructions to program the phone.

Contact Me Here

I think there are problems in the last few days with the OTA system, as Ive had a lot of customers all over the US having problems programming via the *228 OTA system.

*Link Edited by Moderator
    They are indeed having ota problems, i went threw it first hand on the verizon and p+ side last week.

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfat567
    They are indeed having ota problems, i went threw it first hand on the verizon and p+ side last week.
    I had the problem once or twice. I tried again a few hours later and it worked.
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsmith59
    I had the problem once or twice. I tried again a few hours later and it worked.

As did mine, its a hit or miss waiting game

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot guys for your input!

I was so frustrated with Page Plus Customer Service and their inability to help me that yesterday I tried to port my number back to Verizon in the hopes that they can fix the connection issue and keep my number. In effect, I lost the $40 balance I had in my Page Plus account. It's been almost 24hours now since the port request and am still waiting for Verizon to complete the porting. Will keep you posted if you like.

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Update: It's been almost a week and Vzn could still not port my number successfully. I had to resort to getting a temp cell number with Vzn for now. One of the managers said that he has seen this happen before and people just gave up their old phone number! Aarghh!! It would be a nightmare trying to let everyone know of a new phone number!

MRodgers, I appreciate your offer to help. But I want to see what Vzn can do for now. I am planning to port my number back to P+ once Vzn have my old number up and running (hopefully...) P+ still has the best prices with the best network around!

FYI, I did notice that before I accidentally dialed *22890 (which started this whole mess,) the MDN is my cell # and the MIN is another phone number. After the mishap, now both numbers are my cell numbers! Now I wonder if this is the root of the issue. When I told P+ CS about this, they say they should be the same numbers according to their records. Im thinking--my phone was accidentally re-programmed and prolly sent that same info to their towers. I should have really written down both numbers just like what HF305 said.

Any thoughts/comments?

Phones
    HTC Eris
    HTC Eris
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.joe
    Update: It's been almost a week and Vzn could still not port my number successfully. I had to resort to getting a temp cell number with Vzn for now. One of the managers said that he has seen this happen before and people just gave up their old phone number! Aarghh!! It would be a nightmare trying to let everyone know of a new phone number!

MRodgers, I appreciate your offer to help. But I want to see what Vzn can do for now. I am planning to port my number back to P+ once Vzn have my old number up and running (hopefully...) P+ still has the best prices with the best network around!

FYI, I did notice that before I accidentally dialed *22890 (which started this whole mess,) the MDN is my cell # and the MIN is another phone number. After the mishap, now both numbers are my cell numbers! Now I wonder if this is the root of the issue. When I told P+ CS about this, they say they should be the same numbers according to their records. Im thinking--my phone was accidentally re-programmed and prolly sent that same info to their towers. I should have really written down both numbers just like what HF305 said.

Any thoughts/comments?

When you orginally became a PPC customer did you generate a new number or did you port in from another provider?

Phones
    HTC Eris
    HTC Eris
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Your MDN and MIN may or may NOT be the same number. If your phone isn't working, and its a number that you ported from another provider, the issue may be that the MIN at the switch does not match the one in our system. In this situation (which is rare, but does occur) you would need to manually program your phone and enter the MIN that is at the switch (found in your port request, the CSR can access it. If not then the CSR will have to call ITSC to get it).

Be clear, I have not spoke with you are looked at your phone, I am just giving one possibility as to why your device is not working

I wish you would've just gotten me when you called, we could've straightened this out without all the porting in and out and loosing your balance.

Carriers
    Airvoice Wireless ($10 plan)
    Feedback Score
    I was a brand new customer.... went to the web site and paid the $10.... I got my new PPC phone # entered my old verizon razr's info.... dialed *228 send... nothing.... then looked through the web pages here at hfo.... and seen that I neede to dial *22890 or *22891..... I dialed *22890.... and the phone programed.... The only problem is that it programed to US Cellular.... I tried EVERYTHING.... PPC reps tried everything.... But the phone was locked on to US Cellular.... I ended up buying a PPC Razr as this seemed like the easiest and less costly thing to do.... Man i really liked my Verizon Razr ;(

Carrier
    Droid 2 on Page Plus Cellular ( RIP on 4/15) E71 ( soon to be Samsung Captivate) on Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skypros
    I was a brand new customer.... went to the web site and paid the $10.... I got my new PPC phone # entered my old verizon razr's info.... dialed *228 send... nothing.... then looked through the web pages here at hfo.... and seen that I neede to dial *22890 or *22891..... I dialed *22890.... and the phone programed.... The only problem is that it programed to US Cellular.... I tried EVERYTHING.... PPC reps tried everything.... But the phone was locked on to US Cellular.... I ended up buying a PPC Razr as this seemed like the easiest and less costly thing to do.... Man i really liked my Verizon Razr ;(
    I had the same problem with a vzw phone it programmed to uscc, I had to *22801 for it to work on page plus.

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 8668
    When you orginally became a PPC customer did you generate a new number or did you port in from another provider?
    I ported my number into P+ .....

Phone
    Moto Q9M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 8668
    Your MDN and MIN may or may NOT be the same number. If your phone isn't working, and its a number that you ported from another provider, the issue may be that the MIN at the switch does not match the one in our system. In this situation (which is rare, but does occur) you would need to manually program your phone and enter the MIN that is at the switch (found in your port request, the CSR can access it. If not then the CSR will have to call ITSC to get it).

Be clear, I have not spoke with you are looked at your phone, I am just giving one possibility as to why your device is not working

I wish you would've just gotten me when you called, we could've straightened this out without all the porting in and out and loosing your balance.
    Back when my cell was working with P+, I noticed that my MDN and MIN are NOT the same (I should have written them down for future reference!) After I accidentally dialed *22890 it resulted to my MDN and MIN showing the same phone number (my cell number.) When I tried telling this to P+ CS, they told me their system shows that too (same MIN and MDN), hence I should leave it the way it is. But in my head I was thinking--by me dialing *22890, it prolly re-activated/re-programmed my phone and sent a new MIN to their system?? I wonder if it would have made any difference if I asked CS for my MIN at the switch at the time when I ported? (Or is that info gone from their system now that I have ported to Vzn?) I also thought maybe if I have written down my MIN back when it was working, maybe I could manually set my MIN back on my device and ask P+ to do the same on their system?? (Can they do that??) Maybe it would have worked?? AArrgh! I already ported my number to Vzn and they cant make it to work neither! Can I still ask P+ for my MIN info back when I ported my number into P+ and maybe Vzn can use that info? And when my number is up and running again, I could port back to P+!

I appreciate your help 8868... I too wish that I have gotten a hold of you sooner. Let me know if you (or anyone) have any comments/suggestions on this. Im almost convinced that Im gonna have to give up my cell number which I had for life!

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.joe
    ... I already ported my number to Vzn and they cant make it to work neither! Can I still ask P+ for my MIN info back when I ported my number into P+ and maybe Vzn can use that info? And when my number is up and running again, I could port back to P+!

I appreciate your help 8868... I too wish that I have gotten a hold of you sooner. Let me know if you (or anyone) have any comments/suggestions on this. Im almost convinced that Im gonna have to give up my cell number which I had for life!
    Why don't you just port your number off the Verizon network, to say T-Mobile prepaid?

That should work.

After the dust settles you could port back to Verizon or PP and get a new MIN most likely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast