Thread: Found a Java game site that works with the Samsung T401g

Phones
    Samsung T401g
    Motorola W375g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Found a Java game site that works with the Samsung T401g

I posted this info at a blog review for the Net10 Samsung T401g. I know others have tried to download java games or .jar files and transfer them to their T401g with no luck, like myself.

The website is UMnet and it allows you to download games, ringtones, apps, wallapaper ect. directly to your phone using their mobile wap site. They also recently created a page specifically for the T401g. It's a feature they have for many many other phones. Anyway, here's the info I posted on the blog and just did a copy and paste here.

You need to register but it’s very simple with no detailed personal info asked. You just need a working email so they can send a confirmation email to validate your account.

You can search out games you are looking for or browse for games by starting off at the home page of: UMnet Once you find a game you want click on it and the page for the game itself will list a “Download ID”. Record that number. Then using your Samsung T401g, enter the menu and scroll to the Browser icon. Click it and scroll down to “Enter URL”. Click on that and enter the wap address directly. The wap address is UMnet wap address Then hit Go on your phone.

Once the page loads, enter the “Download ID”. It will then ask you to enter your login info. Once you log in, hit download and boom it will download where it needs to be into your phone.

Umnet page for Samsung T401g

To date, I have personally downloaded about 25 games, 3 apps and some wallpaper.

Phone
    Motorola 376
    Carriers
    Platinumtel
    Kajeet
    Feedback Score
    Can you show some screen shots of the games?

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I get the same old "error 403: forbidden" when entering the URL on the phone. It seems to me that some T401G phones are able to browse the web unrestricted, while others are limited to using the search function on the mobile Net10 site to reach facebook, google and perhaps a few others.

Phones
    Samsung T401g
    Motorola W375g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wallywombat
    Can you show some screen shots of the games?
    No I don't have screen shot just go to the site and they show screen shots there.

Some games I've downloaded include;

Zelda
    Super Mario Planet
    Hangman DX
    Einstein's Brain
    Scrabble
    3d Othello Deluxe
    20Q Mind Reader
    Frogger
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Dash
    Trivial Pursuit
    Win@BlackJack
    Stratego
    Connect 4
    Yatzee
    5 Stones
    Chip's challenge

...just to name a few. These are high quality games.

Phones
    Samsung T401g
    Motorola W375g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weavel33
    I get the same old "error 403: forbidden" when entering the URL on the phone. It seems to me that some T401G phones are able to browse the web unrestricted, while others are limited to using the search function on the mobile Net10 site to reach facebook, google and perhaps a few others.

Yea, a couple people at that review blog said they get error messages also. That is weird for sure but I guess I'm not surprised coming from Net10.

It's like the way some ( including myself ) are/were charged 5 cents a minute on a new T401g ( until calling cs) for texting, while others said they were charged the advertised 3 cents.

Anyway, maybe the game info will help some people.

Here's another site others might want to look into.

Mobiles24

I have checked Mobiles24 out. It did work much the same way as UMnet although when I first visited the wap site to download I got some A&TT nonsense about having to pay them $9.99 a month. I closed the phones browser and went right back to the wap site and was able to download the game no problem.
    Last edited by jocap; 01-06-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Phone
    Motorola C261
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was one of the ones that had to get the browser fixed with a call to CS. It worked initially. But the second day out of the box it wouldn't connect.

I tried downloading one of the games. All was going well and then it seemed to freeze. After about a minute, it went back to the previous page (the one with the download link). And since then, I keep getting a "Network Error" message every time I try to get on the internet at all.

Is this something that will likely remedy itself, seeing as it had been working up until today. Or should I go ahead and call CS? Last time it was only about a 20 minute call. Just typing in some codes, but still.

Phones
    Samsung T401g
    Motorola W375g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_gh0st
    I was one of the ones that had to get the browser fixed with a call to CS. It worked initially. But the second day out of the box it wouldn't connect.

I tried downloading one of the games. All was going well and then it seemed to freeze. After about a minute, it went back to the previous page (the one with the download link). And since then, I keep getting a "Network Error" message every time I try to get on the internet at all.

Is this something that will likely remedy itself, seeing as it had been working up until today. Or should I go ahead and call CS? Last time it was only about a 20 minute call. Just typing in some codes, but still.
    No, it sounds like the problem you had could have come from that specific game you were downloading. A few times, I had exactly what happened to you happen to me. Let me explain.

I currently have about 25 games downloaded BUT I have tried downloading many more games than that unsuccesfully. Some of the resolutions for the games were listed wrong and wouldn't fit my screen right ( too large ). A few times I had the issue you speak about where the download went well and even completed the 100% download mark but when it was ready to install, poof it all stopped. That is the way the phone stops the install from happening. The phone gives no "install" error message. It just stops everything. Although, I have had a few game downloads report a "java error" message after it was installed and that particular game didn't work. So, I myself had to delete it physically.

Anyway, try a new game on that list I made above or browse UMnet for a game that might interest you. based on how you explained your situation, I'm sure you will have better luck eventually.

Also, if you finally are able to downlaod a game successfully, it looks like everyone else who is having browser issues can call customer service and have their phone fixed!

One other thing, I went on a Java game search looking for a Reversi/Othello game that I wanted for my T401g. Googling brought me to the UMnet site. I actually tried 4 different 3D Othello Deluxe games on the UMnet site before I found one that worked. The Othello game with the proper resolution for our screen 176x220 didn't work BUT the Othello game listed as 240x320 worked well ( nice game ). So it's apparent that with over 1850 games available, Umnet site does have some quirks. BTW, the "Dowload ID" for the particular Othello game is 523420

For me, a typical download takes a total of about 3 minutes start to finish. That's everything included, entering "download ID" number, login info and actually downloading and installing the game. Make sure you are in an area that is given you a very strong signal.

Phone
    Motorola C261
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.

About an hour later I tried my browser again, and it was working then. So that's good at least. I'll try again tomorrow (watching the national championship right now).

Hopefully better luck the second time around.

Phone
    Samsung T401g
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Hey JoCap ...

JoCap, what Java Apps have downloaded and found to work OK? I've also heard that if you install Opera Mini on your phone you can browse for free! Have you given that a try? Can't really see how that could work cause you should still be charged for the time your connected. However, it may not be as limited as the Net10 Browser.

Phone
    Samsung T401G
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weavel33
    I was getting the 403 error too, HERE is how I did it.