Thread: Rebrand TM506

Feedback Score

Question Rebrand TM506

Can anybody help me rebrand my TM506 I followed the instructions on
    Wiki and I haven't modified my phone further, if not is there a way to at least get MyFaves interface back up and running?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonhz8907
    Can anybody help me rebrand my TM506 I followed the instructions on
    Wiki and I haven't modified my phone further, if not is there a way to at least get MyFaves interface back up and running?
    You can still get the MyFaves discount if you have a myfaves plan without the spinning circles interface. You just go online to change your numbers as needed. Any calls made to or from your five will still be noted on your bill.

If you want really want the MyFaves interface just because you like it, I can modify the customize.xml you used in the wiki so that it will be added. Just let me know.

If you want to fully go back to the original state, you can do that too.

I'm just not sure what issue you're trying to solve.

Feedback Score
    I would just like the MyFaves interface and 3G icon back that would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

Feedback Score
    I would just like the MyFaves interface and 3G icon back that would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!
    Are you getting an H icon instead of the 3G icon?

I will try to put a file for you this weekend with instructions on how to add it back onto your phone with a2uploader.

Feedback Score
    No I'm getting no icons even though I'm on the 3G network. Yes I have the $20 data and when I tether I am on 3G.

Feedback Score
    No I'm getting no icons even though I'm on the 3G network. Yes I have the $20 data and when I tether I am on 3G.
    Ok, if you followed the instructions in the wiki to debrand the phone, you should be seeing an H icon when you're connected to 3G. When you're not connected to 3G an small E appears over the signal strength indicator.

I do not know why you would not be seeing the H if you followed step 3 of the wiki. Copying the customize.xml file to the phone activates the H icon.

Nonetheless, I edited the customize.xml file to turn off the H and turn on the 3G icon.

Also, I added the myfaves code back into it.

The file can be found here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b6frmp

You need to copy the file to the phone using a2uploader

1. Run A2Uploader and click the FileSystem Tool button
    2. Hold down 2 on the phone and plug in the USB cable
    3. Drag and drop the modified customize.xml file to the \tpa\preset\custom directory on the phone.
    4. Click the "Shutdown FS Manager" button
    5. Unplug the USB cable and turn the phone on

In the settings, you need to select Reset Settings. After that is done, you should have the 3G icon back at the MyFaves interface.

Feedback Score
    Thank you so much I now have the 3G icon again never had the H. For some reason MyFaves is still not there I selected Reset Settings twice now and even Reset All, maybe I'm missing other things besides just the code in the customize.xml file. Thank you again for your time/help.

Feedback Score
    Well you can go back to the original T-Mobile firmware if you want. To do that you need to go to topsony.com and download 3 files:

From this page you need:

TM506_R3DA030_FS_TMO-US_RED52

TM506_R3DA030_MAIN_TMOUS_BL_RED52

http://www.topsony.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=3243

And from this page you need:

Bella_t_1207-2630_R28A_T_-_Mobile_USA

http://www.topsony.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=4006

The MAIN file will have an .mbn extension.
    The FS file will have an .fbn extension

All you do is run a2uploader. Click Add to add the mbn file and the fbn file in the window. Once that's done click the Flash button. Hold down the 2 key on the phone and connect the phone as before. It will flash the phone. The instructions then say:
    # Wait for some time.
    # Disconnect phone after flashing is done. It will say Elapsed:xxx secs.

I would Shutdown a2uploader. And then open it back up again. Unpack the Bella file and copy the files and folders from the \tpa\preset\custom folder to the same folder on the phone. You drag and drop, just like you've been doing earlier with a2uploader.

I think you have to manually create the java folder on the phone (right click an existing file) before you can copy the contents from Bella over to the phone.

Again Shutdown a2uploader. Turn the phone on. And it should be back to looking like when you got the phone.

It will erase everything so back up your data first.

Feedback Score
    Worked thank you again I even used you first customize.xml phone is like when it was debranded except for the radio is gone but no biggie it for my grandmother (she is not a tech person needed MyFaves iterface so she can update contacts herself), I'm upgrading. THANK YOU lol

Feedback Score
    Great, glad to hear it!

Feedback Score
    I attempted to follow the procedure you outlined below, but for different reasons. However, when I downloaded the files, the first 2 came with .rar extensions. Also, I'm new to this whole concept, so I'm sure I did something stupid, but I just couldn't get the a2uploader to do anything. Can you help>

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Well you can go back to the original T-Mobile firmware if you want. To do that you need to go to topsony.com and download 3 files:

From this page you need:

TM506_R3DA030_FS_TMO-US_RED52

TM506_R3DA030_MAIN_TMOUS_BL_RED52

http://www.topsony.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=3243

And from this page you need:

Bella_t_1207-2630_R28A_T_-_Mobile_USA

http://www.topsony.com/forum/local_links.php?catid=4006

The MAIN file will have an .mbn extension.
    The FS file will have an .fbn extension

All you do is run a2uploader. Click Add to add the mbn file and the fbn file in the window. Once that's done click the Flash button. Hold down the 2 key on the phone and connect the phone as before. It will flash the phone. The instructions then say:
    # Wait for some time.
    # Disconnect phone after flashing is done. It will say Elapsed:xxx secs.

I would Shutdown a2uploader. And then open it back up again. Unpack the Bella file and copy the files and folders from the \tpa\preset\custom folder to the same folder on the phone. You drag and drop, just like you've been doing earlier with a2uploader.

I think you have to manually create the java folder on the phone (right click an existing file) before you can copy the contents from Bella over to the phone.

Again Shutdown a2uploader. Turn the phone on. And it should be back to looking like when you got the phone.

It will erase everything so back up your data first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbtoo View Post
    I attempted to follow the procedure you outlined below, but for different reasons. However, when I downloaded the files, the first 2 came with .rar extensions. Also, I'm new to this whole concept, so I'm sure I did something stupid, but I just couldn't get the a2uploader to do anything. Can you help>
    Why are you trying to do this procedure? It is somewhat complicated especially if you're new to this concept. There may be an easier way to accomplish what you're trying to do.