Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TM717 as WiFi

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile USA - Los Angeles
    Feedback Score
    OK, this is starting to sound great but the decisions are going to be a bit difficult! Would it be better to simply invest the money to a device such as the DASH 3G or purchase the 3G Router? I want to have the flexibility of mobility to use the iPod anywhere with network connectivity, which the DASH is possibly better....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMarti
    Would it be better to simply invest the money to a device such as the DASH 3G or purchase the 3G Router?
    The Dash3G route is more expensive than buying the router. The advantages are you'll have one less device. The Dash has HSDPA 7.2, the Sony has HSDPA 3.6, so you'll likely get faster speeds on the Dash---especially when HSPA+ is fully rolled out.

You'll have to use your SIM card in the Dash, possibly making that your primary phone instead of the Sony. (Or switching the SIM back to the Sony when you didn't need the wifi.)

So those are the issues to look at.

Feedback Score
    Okay, I'm way behind in all this new-fangled technology and might have completely missed the answer to the OP, but I think I have the same question. I have the Equinox and I have an Ipod Touch. I want my Equinox to serve as a wireless router so I can access internet w/ my Touch any damn place I wanna. So, does the Equinox already have the stuff needed to be a router & it's just a matter of acquiring software, and if so, what software, or if the Equinox is lame, is there any hardware I can slap on it to make it my little router b***? I just got my old Equinox replaced w/ a new one under the warranty, so all hopes of purchasing a smart phone any time soon are crushed much like my happiness when I realized I couldn't sit outside, have a smoke, and check my e-mail on my Ipod!
    Please help, I don't wanna be trapped in the house!
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary68 View Post
    So, does the Equinox already have the stuff needed to be a router
    No. But as I recently posted, you can connect the two devices via bluetooth so that you can do what you want to do:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...uch-to-Equinox

Feedback Score
    Drat. My Ipod is new & I just updated it to the OS4. So I guess that's that. I found some info on using a cell phone as a Wi Fi router, but apparently not MY cell phone. Thanks for the help. You've obviously put forth much effort into this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary68 View Post
    Drat. My Ipod is new & I just updated it to the OS4. So I guess that's that.
    I have OS4 too. But as long as it's 4.0 or 4.0.1 you can still jailbreak. If it is 4.0.2 you can't jailbreak at this time, but you probably will be able to in the future. Once you jailbreak, the TM717 works great in providing a data connection for the iPod Touch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    If it is 4.0.2 you can't jailbreak at this time, but you probably will be able to in the future.
    Sorry, didn't clarify- It's got the 4.02. That's fine, I originally was trying to get Ipod internet thru a laptop connected to a "public network", so I can refocus on that. Man, I sure chose the wrong major in college, he he.
    Thank you!

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    OK, got the trial version to install, I set *99# as dial number, but not sure where to go to synch this program and begin surfing the net on the ipod with tm717 data connection..... suggestions?
    Last edited by MaxMarti; 08-26-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMarti View Post
    OK, got the trial version to install, I set *99# as dial number, but not sure where to go to synch this program and begin surfing the net on the ipod with tm717 data connection..... suggestions?
    Before you run the app, go into the bluetooth menu of the TM717, go to data accounts, select T-Mobile GPRS (that is for the epc.tmobile.com APN). Then select Turn On.

Run the app. Slide the switch to On. The iPod should see the TM717, when it does, select it. Then it should ask you for a numeric PIN of your choosing. Enter it. The TM717 should get an alert, enter the same pin on the phone to pair the devices. Then I think there's a message that it is requesting to use your phone as a modem. I put Always Allow on that.

Then ibluelever should do its thing. Once it has a green check mark next to the TM717, you should be good to go. Go to the Safari browser or any other app that needs a data connection.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    jet1000, I followed all the steps, first the iBluever does not appear to synch with the TM717, although it does recognize the TM717 because it comes up on the "choose a device". I enter all the settings, but once I enter the info, I dont know how to actually execute the iBluever app. Do I need to enable Authentication, Sniff Mode, Wait for SDP? Under the TM717, bluetooth services for the iPod are: Audio remote control target. Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    jet1000, I followed all the steps, first the iBluever does not appear to synch with the TM717,
    I created detailed instructions here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5#post13996525

I deleted the ipod touch from my bluetooth menu on the TM717 and deleted the TM717 in ibluever so that I could document step by step instructions from scratch. You may also want to delete your previous settings for this as well and just follow the step by step from the beginning.

As for Authentication, Sniff Mode and Wait for SDP, I have all of those set to off.

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    great, I removed and reinstalled iBluever, I receive a "successful" message from the program, but upon exiting (iBluever trial version), I cannot test any apps for data connection! Has anyone gone past this on a trial version? thanks for getting me this far jet1000!

Feedback Score
    great, I removed and reinstalled iBluever, I receive a "successful" message from the program, but upon exiting (iBluever trial version), I cannot test any apps for data connection! Has anyone gone past this on a trial version? thanks for getting me this far jet1000!
    When I was on the trial version, I was able to surf the web just fine in Safari. And I used the Speedtest.net to test the speed of the connection.

When you see the green check mark next to TM717 in iBluever, you can switch to another app like Safari. With the bluetooth Dial Up Networking connection, you should see a little phone in the upper right near the battery to represent an existing Dial Up Net when you are in other apps. Do you see this?

Device(s)
    TM717
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    yes, there is a small phone with several dots underneath, it appears it represents a connection. in order to access any apps, I need to press on the iPod "home button" in order to navigate to the programs screen. once I exit iBluever, it appears to wipe the settings....

Feedback Score
    yes, there is a small phone with several dots underneath, it appears it represents a connection. in order to access any apps, I need to press on the iPod "home button" in order to navigate to the programs screen. once I exit iBluever, it appears to wipe the settings....
    Right, that's what I do. I see the green check mark. I press the Home button. As soon as I get to the Home screen, I see the phone with the buttons underneath. I open Safari, I see the phone with the buttons underneath. I use Safari.

Where are you seeing that settings are getting wiped after you go to the home screen. Do you mean you don't see the phone on the home screen?

And this goes without saying, but I'm assuming you've turned off all wi-fi before connecting via bluetooth?

If you look at the screen shots on Cydia of the demo version it definitely shows someone using the demo version with Safari.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast