Thread: prepaid sidekick, switching between prepaid plans

Feedback Score

Question prepaid sidekick, switching between prepaid plans

If switching from the sidekick prepaid plan, to the regular minute by minute plan, and then switch back to the sidekick prepaid plan...

Do you lose your catalog items (apps, ringtones, themes) that you had originally paid for that is not installed on your device (such as apps that can be "reinstalled")?

Are there any issues when occasionally switching to and from the plans?

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    You won't lose your games. The only issue that I seemed to have with ocassionally switching plans is the webguard and voicemail. I like having both the webguard and voicemail disabled. When you switch plans, everything goes back to default. That means calling back into customer care to get these items disabled again. The voicemail is not so bad, its just having to give your personal info for the webguard.

I just decided I didn't want to do this all the time so I asked postpaid customer care could I have the grandfathered Sidekick plan and by luck they gave it back to me. The only downside for this is the calls are .45 cents instead of the .15 cents with prepaid. I've been happy ever since!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    i wasn't able to keep my ringtones when i switched back. from what i hear, they are stored on the danger/sharp servers, and once you switch plans, you lose your username/e-mail. this was like a year ago on a sidekick lx so it might be different now with the 08 or LX09.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile
    Feedback Score
    You won't lose your ringtones or games downloaded for the sidekick. Just as long as when you go back to the sidekick plan you log in with the same username and password every thing will still be available.

I've had the sidekick plan off and on for 3 years. I've never taken a loss on anything. The longest that I didn't have it was 4 months, when I logged back in everything was still there. I also heard they delete your username after 6 months, but this has never been proven.

Chances are if you are willing to pay for a 300.00 or more device, your more apt to use it. Then again that's just me.