Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Angry R451 - Java

I was on the phone today with a ST customer support rep. She gave me some code and java still doesn't work. ST customer sup. sucks. When I said java they said, "so your web browser no work". Please if someone knows how to enable all content types and extensions, and downloads on the r451 PLEASE post it.
    Last edited by tabinat0r; 01-12-2010 at 03:54 AM.
    Tabinat0r
    E-mail: tfitts89@gmail.com
    Phone: (480) 369-8499
    My Facebook
    My MySpace

Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (r451[TF268435458907346341000000014803698499] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

All I want to do is play a couple java games and use a few apps. Flash programs would be nice too.

Feedback Score
    Java is disabled by Straight Talk to limit downloads and data use. This is a phone, text, and wap service only and nothing more. No games, or apps that they don't allow you to use. Straight Talk currently allows no other software so if it's games and apps you crave, your best bet is another provider or an ipod touch.

Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Hack it/Code

There's got to be somewhere in the system where you can change a parameter or enter something in code entry mode or a "##123456789" feature update thing on the main screen. There's a way to hack it. Someone just needs to figure out how. The phone itself is capable of all of these things, and it has Java installed, the problem is getting the Java software on the phone. It restricts certain extensions. The only reason I bought this phone was because of the embedded Java and pre-installed Java apps/games. It says that right Here on the official Samsung specs page for the phone. I was on the phone with Samsung today, they told me it was possible but to call ST. I called ST, and they said that they could do it, but it would be unfair to the other customers. So everyone, lets research this and experiment extensively. To get started, we already know this: (I borrowed this from another post in the forum)

3 hidden menus:

1: “OK”, Left or Directional Key till you highlight Messages, * This asks for a Lock Code.
    Lock Code is 451667

2: “OK”, Left or Right Directional Key till you highlight Browser Settings, * Enter the last 4 of your phone number or your lock code. This brings up the Primary DNS, Secondary DNS, Proxy address, and Common Settings

3. “OK”, Left or Right Directional Key till you highlight settings, #, then 000000 for the code, and System Info screen is visable. Show the Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, Force Mode, DUN Mode, and Security. Pushing the # in this menu asks for a 10 Digit User Lock Code, and the 10 digit user lock code is 8886573982

You can infact read the phone with CDMA Workshop by making a couple simple adjustments. In the SYSINFO Editor change MALTRACE to 1 and UARTMODE to 3, Then in USERPREFS Editor change PORT_SPEED to 2, CDMA Workshop will now see it and be able to read it.

The 16-digit SP code is: 2007111420080131
    Last edited by tabinat0r; 01-13-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Question SP Code?

What I don't know, is what an SP code is, and what to do with it. Where do I enter it? How do I enter it? What does it do?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If ST notices what you are doing/done and determine you are getting more than your moneys worth, they will delete your airtime and kill your phone. Proceed at your own risk.

Do not ever count on getting accurate or truthful Info. from a Trac CS.

Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Bbb

Yesterday I reported Straight Talk to the Better Business Bureau for false statements by representatives telling me that it had java and three way calling and it doesn't. So lets see what happens when this works itself out. I'll keep everyone updated. If I am given a code or a way to enable it, I will let everyone have it, for a nominal fee....Just kidding, I'll post it up right away! Everyone cross your fingers that the BBB works its magic!

Phones
    r451c
    LG 290c
    LG 220c
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (r451[TF268435458907346341000000014803698499] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I received an email that stated the complaint was officially submitted to straight talk, and to expect a response within 30 days.

Phone
    Samsung SCH-R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    any response on this? I seen your vid on youtube about adding java apps. kinda curious what the BBB said.
    Phone History:
    Nokia 6010, Nokia 3120b,Motorola i415, Motorola i710, Nokia 6133(T-mobile Branded, Then Debranded)

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    Stop crying wolf...u make it sound like a this was life-or-death situation