Thread: Orlando: Straight Talk or Net10 Unlimited

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Orlando: Straight Talk or Net10 Unlimited

Hello- I am looking for your opinions on which unlimited service would be better for the Orlando area. I need a reliable phone because I have 5 kids in school and I am always on the road it seems.

I'd like unlimited text and talk. I want to use one of these two services listed: Straight Talk or Net 10 unlimited.I use over 1000 minutes a month, plus about 500 texts.

Thanks!

Phones
    HTC Eris
    Samsung R451c-wife
    Samsung I910-up for sale
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper2five
    Hello- I am looking for your opinions on which unlimited service would be better for the Orlando area. I need a reliable phone because I have 5 kids in school and I am always on the road it seems.

I'd like unlimited text and talk. I want to use one of these two services listed: Straight Talk or Net 10 unlimited.I use over 1000 minutes a month, plus about 500 texts.

Thanks!

It will all depend which one has the best coverage for your area

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy s**t.. What a Ride!! '

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk = Verizon
    Net10 Unlimited = T-Mobile (might be AT&T in some areas)

Orlando is a huge city and all carriers will have decent coverage down there.

Might want to look into Page Plus. $40 for unlimited talk and text or $30 for 1200 minutes and 1200 text. Similar to Straight Talk, but they allow any Verizon phone, as long as it has a clean ESN.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Page Plus also has 50mb of data on their 1200/1200 plan... but then you didn't ask about that did ya?

I love Straight Talk... my experience with them so far has been great so long as I don't have to call customer service. And I've been doing the 30 plan and it's rolled over every month, today included. I don't know how Net10 is but in my area coverage is fantastic, I've never had a dropped call and texts and MMS fly through.

My Babies:
    ~ 64gb iPhone 6 Plus ~ 32gb iPad Mini ~ 64gb iPad Air ~
    11" MacBook Air ~ 13" MacBook Pro ~ Retired iPhone 5S ~

Phone
    Tin Can with a string
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl
    Page Plus also has 50mb of data on their 1200/1200 plan... but then you didn't ask about that did ya?

I love Straight Talk... my experience with them so far has been great so long as I don't have to call customer service. And I've been doing the 30 plan and it's rolled over every month, today included. I don't know how Net10 is but in my area coverage is fantastic, I've never had a dropped call and texts and MMS fly through.
    What Tuffi said. I recently gave up TMO for StraightTalk and have zero complaints about the equipment, coverage, and quality of calls.

Phone
    Tin Can with a string
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffigirl

What Tuffi said. I recently gave up TMO for StraightTalk and have zero complaints about the equipment, coverage, and quality of calls.

Phone
    Yes
    Feedback Score

Thanks!
    I don't know if this is an issue for you, but the Net10 Unlimited plan can only be renewed every month with auto-payment from a checking account or a debit/credit card. Most people don't have a problem with this (I wouldn't do it, but then I'm paranoid); it would probably be just fine, but it's worth mentioning.

Straight Talk would probably give you better coverage in the Orlando area, but that's just coverage map speculation -- I can't speak from experience. Also, if you're not planning on signing up for auto-payment with Straight Talk, note that the refill cards are only available from Walmart. Not an issue for most people, but you never know.

Overall, I'd probably go with Straight Talk over Net10, primarily because I prefer the LG290c over any of the Net10 Unlimited offerings.

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. I did get a Straight Talk phone and I could not send nor receive texts the entire week I've had it. Calls are fine. So I am taking it back. I text my husband throughout the day, as he is with clients and cannot take calls.

I do not mind using a credit card to set up a monthly auto payment. Of course I would not use a debit card, but a cc is no big deal because its over $50. And I am really good with keeping paper trails and call logs.

And i hardly ever go to Walmart, so I am hoping this would be better for me.

Does anyone else have texting issues with ST?

I am going to miss my Blackberry, but I have OCD issues with the red blinking light so its time to walk away from the Blackberry! LOL

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. I did get a Straight Talk phone and I could not send nor receive texts the entire week I've had it. Calls are fine. So I am taking it back. I text my husband throughout the day, as he is with clients and cannot take calls.

Before you take that phone back, call 1-800-876-5753 from a landline. That is the Problem Resolutions Department for America Movil (ST's parent company). They should be able to correct the problem.