Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bell Tower Locations

Feedback Score

Bell Tower Locations

Hi,

I was checking out the Wind Mobile forums the other day and someone posted a Google Maps link that showed the exact location of the Wind towers around you. I was wondering if someone could help me find something similar for Bell. Also, one for Rogers would be nice as well, so I can compare the two in my area.

Thanks.

Phone
    Sidekick 4G
    Carriers
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Everyone but WIND is here:

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Keep in mind Bell and Telus have a network sharing agreement,

CDMA:
    In the west where you see no Bell towers, you'll be on the Telus ones.
    Out east, areas with no Telus towers will connect to Bell towers.

HSPA:
    Shared network, you use all towers, both Bell and Telus.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.
    Last edited by think_lenovo; 01-14-2010 at 03:25 AM.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5 64gb
    Blackberry Pearl 8130, Blackberry 7250
    Motorola Timeport p8767, Nokia 6185
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that map isn't very accurate... and it still has plot points for older analog equipment which has either been dead-in-place for years or has been completely ripped out. Be wary of any of the Bell and Telus 850Mhz entries and take every tower position with a huge grain of salt...
    Last edited by frankie5string; 01-14-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Feedback Score
    That map is horribly inaccurate. Missing at least 50% of the Bell towers in my area.

GG

Feedback Score
    With in 2km range there are bell/rogers/telus towers around our house, but we are getting poor receptions for all 3, is that normal?

Phones
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    Sony Ericsson W380
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie5string
    Keep in mind that map isn't very accurate... and it still has plot points for older analog equipment which has either been dead-in-place for years or has been completely ripped out. Be wary of any of the Bell and Telus 850Mhz entries and take every tower position with a huge grain of salt...
    yup...your best bet is to see if you can test a unit (trial type option), or ask friends/relatives/colleagues what they use and how the reception is (assuming of course they are in the same areas you are in)...every carrier has good, mediocre, and bad areas, regardless of any coverage map or advertising slogan.
    Sammy740: It's ironically called BlueChips...something Bell isn't.
    Bell's new marketing slogan: Over promise, Under deliver.
    "System Access Fees are charged by all wireless companies to help pay for the network and the ongoing software, technology and other upgrades to that network. Generally, the higher the fee, the greater the opportunity to invest in network quality to enhance your experience. Just one more reason to choose Bell. "

Phone
    Samsung Impact
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wow. That map is sad. Judging by it, there are 3 Bell towers in my entire city. This is a little hard to believe....

Phones
    Using actively: BB 9700
    Using less actively: Moto V186M, Moto V186P, BB 7130
    Carriers
    Current: Virgin Mobile Canada | Rogers PAYG
    Feedback Score
    I recently found the following one which seems to be rather neat: http://www.spatialdatabox.com/map-de...anada-map.html
    Also might want to keep in mind that CDMA vs HSPA sites may not match (for instance I know that there is at least 1 HSPA-only Bell site in my area after speaking to someone at my former work at Bell Mob). Also keep in mind that this towers on the map in your area may not be 100% up to date (in fact it's missing the new tower that recently got put in-service on my building).

Also if you're using a BlackBerry, you might want to check this insanely neat app I've been using lately: http://sourceforge.net/projects/signallocbb/

Phone
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sashkok
    Also if you're using a BlackBerry, you might want to check this insanely neat app I've been using lately: http://sourceforge.net/projects/signallocbb/
    That's a great little app, but it only works on the CDMA network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sashkok
    I recently found the following one which seems to be rather neat: http://www.spatialdatabox.com/map-de...anada-map.html
    That's a very cool site! It looks like it contains about the same info as http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html, but the tower height info is a nice addition.

It's too bad that with the slight differences between each of the carrier's multiple networks (i.e. 2G gsm vs. evdo vs. hspa), and the Bell-Telus tower sharing agreement, you can't really infer anything certain about which towers are useable to you from the map.

Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    on a side note about tower locations, i had spoken to a bell technician today and he mentioned that any areas that had weak cdma coverage will probably stay as it is - the big push is to get HSPA coverage as universal as possible

in other words, coverage "hole-plugging" will only be done with HSPA equipment while CDMA has essentially ceased expansion

Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Pretty spot on...I wonder how they got the location numbers.

Feedback Score
    Hello,

I just added WIND Mobile / Globalive to the mix of cell towers at http://www.spatialdatabox.com/map-de...anada-map.html

Also, the data has been refreshed to February 2010, based on filings with Industry Canada.

My aim is to provide the most comprehensive, timely and easy-to-use cell tower map in Canada.

So, if you see any discrepancies / omissions on the map, please let me know

And don't forget to try the KML export feature, which lets you view map content within Google Earth.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    why are there no Bell towers on this thing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast