Thread: Calling toll free 1800 or 1866 number - does it use day time minutes?

Feedback Score

Calling toll free 1800 or 1866 number - does it use day time minutes?

Hi
    it maybe a stupid question
    does calling toll free number. usually 1800 or 1866 uses the daytime minutes?
    for example 1800 GOOG 411

I have a regular 100 daytime fido minutes and try to save my minutes as much as I can

Feedback Score
    You are wasting your time by doing this to try to avoid using your minutes. Calling a toll free number is no different than calling any other phone number other than the fact that there are no long distance charges when calling these numbers. Airtime minutes will still be used.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Exacty what post # 2 said, those number are exacty what you posted Toll Free Numbers they are not called Air Toll Free Numbers.

Also Just for your info I called the 1-800-GOOG 411 number once knowing I would be billed AirTime but to my surprise I got billed $2 for it, they reveresed the charges thinking it was just an error. However there billing system knows its a loophole and they closed it, so when you call it they will bill you $2, which is the fee to call 411.
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Feedback Score
    Funny thing, I just read a post in Roger's Forum about an uproar over the fact that Rogers seems to have preprogrammed 411 in their SIM card. Someone could accidentally press 4 and speed dial 411 and get charged 2$ regardless of the case.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100
    Blackberry Curve 9300
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Carriers
    ROGERS
    SmarTone-Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fish2079
    Funny thing, I just read a post in Roger's Forum about an uproar over the fact that Rogers seems to have preprogrammed 411 in their SIM card. Someone could accidentally press 4 and speed dial 411 and get charged 2$ regardless of the case.
    That happened to me... I got so pissed off... -_-
    Arr~

The Fastest and Most Reliable. Question-Mark?

Carriers
    Fido, B-Mobile(Japan), Maxis, China Mobile HK,One2Free
    Bouygues, Vodafone Japan, TIM
    Feedback Score
    I never got charged extra for calling GOOG 411

Phone
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psgill2873
    Exacty what post # 2 said, those number are exacty what you posted Toll Free Numbers they are not called Air Toll Free Numbers.

Also Just for your info I called the 1-800-GOOG 411 number once knowing I would be billed AirTime but to my surprise I got billed $2 for it, they reveresed the charges thinking it was just an error. However there billing system knows its a loophole and they closed it, so when you call it they will bill you $2, which is the fee to call 411.
    What? There is no way they should charge for GOOG 411. GOOG 411 is a service provided free by Google and doesn't cost Fido/Rogers anything. It should use up airtime as any 1-800 number and not incur additional charges.

Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    1-800/866/877/888 numbers will be charged as a local call.
    no long distance or extra service charges should apply when calling these numbers.

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brightdown
    What? There is no way they should charge for GOOG 411. GOOG 411 is a service provided free by Google and doesn't cost Fido/Rogers anything. It should use up airtime as any 1-800 number and not incur additional charges.

I am not Joking I got charged $2 for calling 1-800-GOOG-411 on Pre-Paid, I manage to get it reversed but honestly I got charged $2 and I called in my $1 a day eve & weekend unlimited time. This was sometime in Aug or Sep 2009. I ported that number so its no longer with Fido or else I would have showed you a screen shot.