Thread: How to SIM unlock a VZ Ozone????

Device(s)
    HTC Ozone (T-M/PP), Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

How to SIM unlock a VZ Ozone????

Just got a VZ HTC Ozone. I have it all up and running with a CDMA reseller and it works fine there.

I can pull up the MEID and IMEI no problem.

I have inserted my T-Mobile SIM card.

When the phone boots, I get the following message:

SIM lock in upper left hand corner

"The SIM card is not valid. Please insert Verizon SIM card. Device will default to CDMA mode."

Only option is to click OK. Then you end up in CDMA mode. You can select GSM only but then show no service although the SIM ID shows up when you go for information on the phone.

How do I get this phone to SIM unlock mode so I can get a code from an unlock vendor?

This phone was never activated on VZ so not sure they would help me out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exfed2002
    How do I get this phone to SIM unlock mode so I can get a code from an unlock vendor?
    DUH!

Just found it but had to dig, it's not an automatic prompt on boot.

Settings
    Security
    SIM Management
    SIM Unlock

Feedback Score
    Did you have an unlock code? Can you PM me the code if you did?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMan_70
    Did you have an unlock code? Can you PM me the code if you did?
    I got the unlock code from fastgsm.com for $19.99. Took only a few minutes.

The code is generated from the IMEI so my code would not work for you.

I did not have access to the VZ route to do it at no cost.

Feedback Score
    I have an HTC IMAGIO cell phone that I from Verizon with a Verizon SIM card.
    In order to activate it for use in Turkey with the Vodafone carrier it took the following steps:

1. Went to Vodafoneoffice, showed my passport (only valid if entry to Turkey is less than one month)

2. Bought a SIM card (I think I also may have showed them my residents permit)

3. With the Verizon SIM card still in, I dialed *#06# to generate the 17 digit IMEI number.

4. I waited for a couple of days for the Turkish Vodafone carrier to activate the line.

5. I put the Vodafone SIM card into the new phone and tried to dial. And I got the following error message:
    “The SIM card is not valid. Please insert Verizon SIM card. Device will default to CDMA mode.”

6. I called Verizon (using Skype). They transferred me to their global tech support people, as the first representative told me there was noting they could do. They first told me that since the phone was no longer active with Verizon they could not do anything without re-activating the phone. I still have a family plan with Verizon for some other phones being used in the US, so this have involved adding a line to the plan for $10 and then paying $25 to activate the phone. (I guess I could have "unlocked" the phone before I deactivated the line. They told me each line is allowed only one "unlocking" for a global phone within a 10 month period.)

7. To determine if the phone was locked or not the Verizon representative told me to do the following for the
    HTC Imagio with Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional CE OS 5.2.21849 (Build 21894.5.0.63) Processor MSM7600-528MHz
    I went to:
    Start > Settings > All Settings (at bottom left) > Personal > Security SIM
    At first it said:
    "Security Your phone is SIM Unlocked"
    but when I tried to make a call the phone did not work. It would give the message
    “The SIM card is not valid. Please insert Verizon SIM card. Device will default to CDMA mode.”
    Then, after tying to make a call when I went back to here:
    It said something like:
    Phone is not unlock, enter unlock code... (I can't remember the exact wording).

8. The Verizon representative graciously found a way to generate the "unlock" code without any charge. Here is what she did. I gave her the MEID HEX number for my phone. She deactivated one of my other lines for an hour and put my HTC phone on that line. Then she generated the unlock code.

9. I entered the 8 digit code at this point:

10. This time when I tried to make a call it gave 2 short beeps and hung up. I rebooted the phone and it still did the same thing when I tried to make a call. I went back in to:
    And it still said: "Security Your phone is SIM Unlocked"
    But about 10 minutes later when I tried to use the phone for a local call in Turkey it worked.