Thread: which one should I go? Net10 or PagePlus

Phones
    MOTO V195 (T-mobile)
    MOTO RIZR Z3 (T-mobile)
    Samsung T425 (TMO prepaid)
    Feedback Score

which one should I go? Net10 or PagePlus

Less than 30 min/mo.
    Net10 offer some cheap handset, but PagePlus charge a lot for that.

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    So you use less than 30 min/mo and you are seriously considering paying $15/mo to Net10 for that usage? Minimum running rate on Page Plus is $10 per 120 days and that will get you roughly 20 min/mo average after they take the 50 cent charge each month. I think the $10 refills are good for that sort of usage but that is your choice. Under $4/mo using Page Plus vs $15 on Net10.

Now you go looking for a nice cheap new or used phone that is suitable.

Phones
    LG Chocolate 3
    LG Chocolate 3
    Carriers
    Page Plus $80+$10+$10,
    Feedback Score
    Get a used Verizon phone (you probably know 10 people that have an old phone in their sock drawer, thanks to "new every 2") and activate it on Page Plus. The economics are just as tszefr discussed.

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liu4gre
    Net10 offer some cheap handset, but PagePlus charge a lot for that.
    Not sure where you're getting that from. Especially if you're a member of these forums. You can buy a VZW prepaid phone (yes, then can still be activated on Page Plus, I did it earlier today) for $20 that offers a hell of a lot more features that Net10's $30 phone.

But like tszefr said, $10 every 4 months beats $15 every month. Also depends on what you need for service.

Page Plus=Verizon
    Net10=AT&T.

Talk to friends and family, see what carrier they use, and find out which has better coverage in your area. You can also check the coverage maps on their websites.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    NEVER a Trac company. The customer service is a joke, and they can't do anything right.

Phones
    MOTO V195 (T-mobile)
    MOTO RIZR Z3 (T-mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for suggestion and comparison.
    I just came here today.
    Actually I am looking for a phone for my wife, who will only use for less than 30 min/mo. Therefore, it should be better for her to take a Verizon phone and activate it by pageplus? I found Walmart has a LG5500 (verizon prepaid) for sale, will it work?
    2nd: I read the FAQ, but still not very clear. Is there a chance to activate this verizon phone via pageplus website? Or I have to go to ebay to find a dealer (or ask help from the listed dealer in this forums, thank them firstly)?
    3rd: I am using Net10 now, as I need more than 200/min. So which one is better for me, staying in Net10 or switching to PagePlus?
    Thanks.

Phones
    MOTO V195 (T-mobile)
    MOTO RIZR Z3 (T-mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304
    NEVER a Trac company. The customer service is a joke, and they can't do anything right.

Agree with your CS complain. Called a month ago, they were talking and laughing in the phone, and had to wait more than 30 min to reach a person.

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for suggestion and comparison.
    I just came here today.
    Actually I am looking for a phone for my wife, who will only use for less than 30 min/mo. Therefore, it should be better for her to take a Verizon phone and activate it by pageplus? I found Walmart has a LG5500 (verizon prepaid) for sale, will it work?
    2nd: I read the FAQ, but still not very clear. Is there a chance to activate this verizon phone via pageplus website? Or I have to go to ebay to find a dealer (or ask help from the listed dealer in this forums, thank them firstly)?
    3rd: I am using Net10 now, as I need more than 200/min. So which one is better for me, staying in Net10 or switching to PagePlus?
    Thanks.
    The VX5500 definitely works. I'm ignoring the activation; we have dealers here who will help you with that.

For 200 min/mo, I think you still want to be on Page Plus. They just came out with a rate change so $80 cards (120 days) give 2000 minutes. That is 4 cents/min. Sure you will pay a bit more per minute if you want to spend less, but the top rate on Page Plus is 10 cents. Net10 is always 10 cents, right? Sounds like another no brainer.

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I agree with tszefr once again. The per minute rate gets lower with every higher denomination. All prepaid Verizon phones work, including the Samsung Smooth, LG VX5500, Nokia 2605 Mirage (Not recommended), and Samsung Intensity. When you purchase the phone, DO NOT PRESS SEND! I can't stress that enough.

Carriers
    Tracfone, Net10
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks.

My advice to to get your wife setup on Page Plus and then compare how her service & coverage compares to what you have. It may be beneficial to keep phones active on two differnet networks in case you travel to areas with skimpy service.

To me, the difference in cost wouln't be enough to justify switching if coverage turned out to be any worse.

Feedback Score
    I have both Net10 and PagePlus and unless you do sporadic text messages(like under 300 or so a month) PagePlus turns out to be a much better deal. For 200 voice minutes a month you can buy a $80 card and add $10 after 120 days on PP and get 2100 minutes that last 8 months.(you'll also be charged $4 in .50 fees so you'll lose ~50 minutes) On net10 8 months of 200 minutes would cost $160.

The only place net10 is a little better is if you don't talk much but text 300 messages or so a month you can buy a cheap samsung 401g and get 3 cents a minute text. if you use more than 300 texts a month again PP is better because you can add on the Power Text option to the standard plan and get cheap text and voice.

Phones
    Motorola Q9c/Q
    Samsung I760
    Carriers
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    the only advantage of net10 is roaming.

Feedback Score
    Page Plus just lowered their rates on paygo again for the larger cards. Their smallest card matches Net10 at 10 cents a minute. Their larger cards drop it to as low as 4 cents a minute. Plus most Verizon, many Alltel , Ampd and Straight Talk phones. Net10 wins international calling for 5 cpm more, included roaming and per text cost (3-5 cent per text vs 8 cpt for PPC) . But they have NO real web. You are stuck with their handsets. If you want unlimited, you HAVE to buy ANOTHER phone. PPC gives you more flexibility in plans, lower per minute rates, real data options and an unlimited phone selection.

With the new price cuts, if you are a talker it is a no brainer. Even a texter can get you 2000 texts for 10.95. Net10 isn't even close.

Phones
    MOTO V195 (T-mobile)
    MOTO RIZR Z3 (T-mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Any chance we can get deal on PagePlus? Like Net10 and Tracfone (only two I know), they offer either free minutes or promotion codes (like $3 or $5 off when you purchase their phone kit)?
    Actually, the minute rate can be low down to 3.5c if the promotion codes are applied for Net10, and the monthly cost also is $5.

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Any chance we can get deal on PagePlus? Like Net10 and Tracfone (only two I know), they offer either free minutes or promotion codes (like $3 or $5 off when you purchase their phone kit)?
    Actually, the minute rate can be low down to 3.5c if the promotion codes are applied for Net10, and the monthly cost also is $5.

No

the math and plans are straightforward on PP now. There's no bonus codes, gold rewards, etc that you have to earn or save up for by jumping through hoops to get them,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast