Thread: Time to port from tracfone

Phone
    Blackberry 9530 Pageplus
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Time to port from tracfone

Hey so I want to port my dad's phone to page plus. Does anyone have any experience porting from tracfone? Like how long would the port take?

Phone
    HTC Ozone
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkbenjy
    Hey so I want to port my dad's phone to page plus. Does anyone have any experience porting from tracfone? Like how long would the port take?
    I ported from Tracfone last fall. Because of Tracfone it took 3 days with many calls to PP and Tracfone to make it work. There were emails too. However, I started the port on a Friday. Maybe that was the problem...

I initiated the port and waited. I finally called PP to see what the holdup was. They said Tracfone hadn't released the number. I called Tracfone who said they had. blah blah. I called PP. blah blah I called Tracfone Executive Resolutions in Miami. The guy I talked to said everything was fine on Tracfone's end and the port should go through just fine. mmhmm I had other stuff to do and couldn't sit on the phone with it.

That was all on Friday. On Saturday I had to call PP and Tracfone multiple times. Here was the main problem. Tracfone did NOT release my number on Friday like they were supposed to. Like they said they did. Like they were legally obligated to do? But there was good news. The Tracfone porting department works weekends! Saturday afternoon I was finally able to get through to a nice lady in porting who spoke decent English who released the number for me. That didn't immediately solve the problem, but it was the key.

On Sunday I found out that for whatever reason I forget that PP had to escalate my case to Verizon. Verizon handles their porting or activations? Something like that. Unlike Tracfone Verizon doesn't work weekends.

Monday. I'd heard nothing from PP by afternoon, but I tried a *228, and it worked.

Having said all that, in all the forum reading I read in the Tracfone forum when I was with them, it seems normally to take less than an hour, maybe even 15 minutes or less to port. Or even right away. I think my experience is the exception instead of the rule.

If I had it to do over again, I'd start the port early on a week day. I would've waited no more than an hour before starting my calls. I'm glad I did call. Otherwise my port would've been trapped in limbo with PP waiting indefinitely on Tracfone to release the number.

Now for the the good.
    I kept my number. Yay!
    Since I've been with PP, I can't complain too much. Okay, their website is a little flaky. They didn't answer that one support ticket, but I usually don't need support.
    Coverage is Verizon coverage, which is 99% as good as what I had with Tracfone(Cingular/ATT).
    Instead of an LG CG225 I have an HTC Ozone smart phone with wifi. That's a great improvement!
    PP just added extra minutes to their cards. It doesn't affect me, but it's awesome seeing it! Go PP! You know they didn't have to do that, but they did. It's awesome.
    Sometimes I drive past the Verizon store in a nearby town. Verizon has a big banner across the store that says "$99.99 Unlimited". That's some funny stuff. I smile every time I see that banner. hehe
    Actual listing in the TV section of the Marin (CA) Independent-Journal: Movie "The Wizard of Oz": Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.

Feedback Score
    dont do it. it didnt even work for me

Feedback Score
    Tracfone also held up my number port a couple of days. Just keep on them if they try to stall.

Phones
    HTC Ozone on PPC
    LG AX-390 (work)
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I've ported three numbers from Trac to PP. I did all of them online. They all went through without a hitch and were completed within a few hours. As you can see above, plenty of people have bad experiences but it does work and works well sometimes. I personally would not hesitate to do it again. Note, I did have all the phones I ported from added to my online account with Tracfone, not sure if that helped. Be sure to use your tracfone's ESN as your account number and the last 4 digits of your phone number for the security PIN if you use the online form on the PP website.

Phones
    Nokia 6315i
    Motorola V3m
    Feedback Score
    Ported last September online. It takes one day to complete.

Phone
    Sprint Touch Pro
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I ported for Mom the first of this month from Tracfone a day after money was due in Tracfone account.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onl.../Activate.aspx
    Esn of the phone your porting to under battery and could be Esn or Meid #
    Account # is Tracfone #
    no pass code for pass code
    *22890 afterward and your done, might take 1-24 hrs

I don't remember why I waited a day to use the phone but it worked. I called CS first for some reason but didn't need to. This was done with a Verizon Lg vx5500 bought from Walmart for $22

Phone
    LG VX8300
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I ported my Tracfone number on New Year's Day. Make sure you call Tracfone and push them to do it. Talk to the porting dept. Mine took about 4-6 hours.

Matt