Thread: LG290c Successful File Transfer!

Feedback Score

LG290c Successful File Transfer!

Hi. New to this forum here.
    I followed the instruction I've found in this place to be able to make file transfers (pictures in this case) from my LG290C Tracfone to my computer, using Bluesoleil. This works, indeed!

But I have a question. After I installed bluesoleil in my pc, there is a new connection icon on the tray (like the icon with 2 small monitors, only that this one has a re X on it.

Everything is working perfect...but I don't know if this new Icon with the red X means that something else may be wrong (I can't find anything wrong until this moment, except that, when windows start, an small and never seen before window opens, asking for a password. Then I hit ok without entering a password and then windows load normally.

When I place the mouse cursor over the new icon on the tray, it reads "a network cable is unplugged"

If I open this icon, a window with 3 different connections opens, showing this new "connection" as:
    LOCAL AREA CONNECTION 3
    NETWORK CABLE UNPLUGED, FIREWALLED.
    BLUETOOTH PAN NETWORK ADAPTER

Is the above normal when you install a bluetooth adapter in your pc, or when you use the Bluesoleil software?

Thanks in anticipation!

Phones
    LG 290c
    LG 3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I think that's from the Bluesoleil.

I tried that, found it didn't work too well. And, I found it's not needed.

On the long LG209C thread in the Tracfone section you'll find a reference to updated Bluetooth driver. When I installed that, I could then directly access the photos and sounds folders of the phone from Windows. No additional software required.

Feedback Score
    Vmanes, I can't find anything in that thread about the update that you mentioned. Can you please address me to the right message or thread?

Thanks!

Phones
    LG 290c
    LG 3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It's posting number 92 from SeanF68.

He has a link to Broadcom at http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Be sure that your Bluetooth is Broadcom based.