Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Palm Pre Plus Release Thread

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ordered mine this morning round midnight. i think most consumers have no idea about the phone and older palm devices have left a foul legacy for the company. i started with a treo 650 in 2005 but switched quickly to blackberry bc of superior signal strength (at least for me) and faster email. i'm switching back after trying a droid eris for two weeks and having an iphone 3g last summer finding that each though great phones still left me lusting for webos. multi-tasking and overall ease are great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phobic99
    I went to the Verizon store with the intent to buy a Pre Plus. It's a cool phone no doubt but in the end I decided to keep my Droid. $600 is too much for the Pre out of contract right now. If I can get one below $500 then I'll jump.
    Due to the price, I am also hesitant. $600 is just too much, even for full retail. I mean, the Nexus One, the Droid, and the iPhone all sell for less at retail. I am not exactly sure what justifies the $600 (retail) price tag.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phobic99
    I went to the Verizon store with the intent to buy a Pre Plus. It's a cool phone no doubt but in the end I decided to keep my Droid. $600 is too much for the Pre out of contract right now. If I can get one below $500 then I'll jump.
    Out of curiosity, what made you watch to ditch the DROID for the Pre?

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Guess double the memory and storage, touch sensitive home button, springier slider and that Touchstone battery door are worth $50 more to verizon and palm than it was on Sprint. They've effectively outpriced themselves though with most of those looking to pay full retail.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth Voice Dialling?

Question - does the Verizon version of this phone support voice dial using a Bluetooth headset?

e.g. phone is in pocket, or bag, or you are driving. Click button on headset, phone prompts "Say a command", and you say "Call Joe Smith", or "123-456-7890", and it confirms and dials.....

Droid doesn't. I believe Sprint Pre didn't either. This is an important requirement for me. It's less than 30 days on the Droid so that phone can still be sent back and replaced by a phone that has this feature.

Any thoughts
    H

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless /
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by payroll
    Out of curiosity, what made you watch to ditch the DROID for the Pre?
    I just wanted something different I think. The Droid isn't bad at all and actually after playing with the Pre, I like the Droid better overall. Using the Pre in landscape mode is just odd and apps are slow to launch initially but I really do like WebOS a lot. Someone mentioned a phone like the nexus one running webOS would be superb and I'd have to agree mostly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heantune
    Question - does the Verizon version of this phone support voice dial using a Bluetooth headset?

e.g. phone is in pocket, or bag, or you are driving. Click button on headset, phone prompts "Say a command", and you say "Call Joe Smith", or "123-456-7890", and it confirms and dials.....

Droid doesn't. I believe Sprint Pre didn't either. This is an important requirement for me. It's less than 30 days on the Droid so that phone can still be sent back and replaced by a phone that has this feature.

Any thoughts
    H
    I'm somewhat shocked to see/hear that such advanced phones like the Droid or the Pre (at least the Sprint one) don't support something as basic as that--something that basically all feature phones support, and even supported years ago. It would be rather crazy if these phones didn't.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Here's my review of the Pre Plus:
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Palm...ew-r_2373.html
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Feedback Score
    Anyway we can get that wifi hotspot working without paying an extra 40 bucks lol?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    FAU, I've always wondered. What's the backstory with the Disney wallpaper on every phone review?

Thanks for another comprehensive review, as usual.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Device(s)
    Htc Incredible,Palm Pre Plus,Storm 2,Motorola Droid,Iphone 3gs,Nokia n900,Palm Pre, ,nokia e90
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I picked one up today, had one on sprint. Going to use it as my daily and switch out with my Droid 9 Personally i think Verizon is waiting on 1.4 to release and update then start advertising. I think no video recording out of the box there would be alot of returns. Once 1.4 hits they have more features to advertise. Just my thoughts

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pix3l
    Anyway we can get that wifi hotspot working without paying an extra 40 bucks lol?
    I don't know, but I doubt it.
    It was already activated on my demo units.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by readability
    FAU, I've always wondered. What's the backstory with the Disney wallpaper on every phone review?
    I took the image with my dig-cam while on vacation in 2005 and placed it on my cell phone. Then when I started doing the phone reviews back in 2006 I decided to use it, so I can see how well (or poor) the same wallpaper looks on each phone. Since then I've used it on just about all my reviews, sort of like a "hidden mickey", even though its not really hidden.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pix3l
    I'm sure someone will find a way. It didn't take them long after the Sprint Pre was released to enable wifi tethering on it. From my experience with it, the phone gets a little too hot and you better keep it plugged in when using it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 & HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Talking The Official "Pre Plus Is In My Hand!" Thread

As the title says, post if your Pre Plus is in your hand. Mine will be here tomorrow and I can't wait! I'll be sure to post picture and I'll probably write a review in a week or so.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast