Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Thanks! Nice review.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive yet...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2bonez06
    Personally i think Verizon is waiting on 1.4 to release and update then start advertising.
    Maybe there not advertising it because of what's going to happen tomorrow at the Apple event. I would think thats what their going to put their marketing muscle into.

Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81
    Maybe there not advertising it because of what's going to happen tomorrow at the Apple event. I would think thats what their going to put their marketing muscle into.
    I agree. I really like the pre, I picked one up and am considering using it over my Droid. But Apple is going to be where the push is if that is what is happening.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Thanks! Nice review.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive yet...
    Yeah, I heard the VCC had their choice of the Pre or Pixi.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pix3l
    Anyway we can get that wifi hotspot working without paying an extra 40 bucks lol?
    i'm curious about this too since on palm's website they tout using the Pre as a WiFi hotspot as a standard feature.

Someone who has this, check it out and let us know. this might convince me to switch from BB.

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If it's anything like the Wifi hotspot hack on the Sprint Pre, it works great. It looks almost the same from what I can tell. We used one a month or so ago when we had a power outage and it was fairly speedy with 2 people on it.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284
    If it's anything like the Wifi hotspot hack on the Sprint Pre, it works great. It looks almost the same from what I can tell. We used one a month or so ago when we had a power outage and it was fairly speedy with 2 people on it.
    yeah, but VZW is known for crippling features...

so i'm still curious about how it works with VZW

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It'll be hacked though to enable wifi tethering just like the Touch Pro 2 and the droid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by poncho524
    yeah, but VZW is known for crippling features...

so i'm still curious about how it works with VZW
    Perhaps in the past, and mostly related to feature phones, not really so much lately.

Feedback Score
    Threads merged.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2bonez06
    I picked one up today, had one on sprint. Going to use it as my daily and switch out with my Droid 9 Personally i think Verizon is waiting on 1.4 to release and update then start advertising. I think no video recording out of the box there would be alot of returns. Once 1.4 hits they have more features to advertise. Just my thoughts
    I personally think that the reason Verizon didn't advertise the Pre and Pixi is due to a possible iPhone release in the near future. I have no concrete evidence to support this but I find it pretty odd that there was literally ZERO marketing for the Pre Plus or Pixi plus. Literally, the only point we even saw Verizon acknowledge the Pre and Pixi was when they placed them in the online order page yesterday. There isn't even anything on the front page which indicates that they are selling the Palms.

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reddyjs
    ...Literally, the only point we even saw Verizon acknowledge the Pre and Pixi was when they placed them in the online order page yesterday. There isn't even anything on the front page which indicates that they are selling the Palms.
    Has Verizon EVER properly marketed a Palm handset? Why should they start now....
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Has Verizon EVER properly marketed a Palm handset? Why should they start now....
    You read my mind. Palm devices have always been second class citizens on Verizon's network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    But has VZW ever had a Palm handset that was actually different and advanced (and perhaps revolutionary) enough to be worthy of good marketing? The webOS handsets certainly fall into that category, especially the first ones that are coming to VZW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast