Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Palm Pre Plus Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Has Verizon EVER properly marketed a Palm handset? Why should they start now....
    If the Droid release is any indication, Verizon would be doing everything possible to pimp an iPhone competitor regardless of which company was releasing it. That is, of course, unless they are getting the iPhone soon.

Device(s)
    Moto Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Went and checked out the Pre+ yesterday and left with mixed feelings. I've been searching for my next phone for a few months now and was hoping the Pre might be the one. It's not. The screen is too small, but my primary gripe is the build quality of the keyboard. It just feels cheap. The Moto Droid is still the phone to beat, IMO.

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM
    But has VZW ever had a Palm handset that was actually different and advanced (and perhaps revolutionary) enough to be worthy of good marketing?
    You have a valid point, but if you go to the cost/effort of carrying a handset, you should at least make a feeble attempt at promoting it. That said, the VZW Treo 755P came out 6 months late so by that time it was old news.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    You have a valid point, but if you go to the cost/effort of carrying a handset, you should at least make a feeble attempt at promoting it. That said, the VZW Treo 755P came out 6 months late so by that time it was old news.
    In some sense I fear that VZW is kind of treating this the same way--the Pre already made its news when it came out originally on Sprint, so by this point it's not that big of a deal really. Still, it's relatively new and pretty good, at least certainly up there with the iPhone and Android phones in terms of usability/features, so it can't really hurt to market it, especially since no one else outside of Sprint had it before, and now it's only VZW in addition to Sprint (and, realistically, VZW has the better model in comparison as well).

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon #1
    Feedback Score
    I think they are waiting for the super bowl.
    My blog: http://droidphoto.wordpress.com/
    New Life Christian Fellowship
    www.nlcfsaginaw.org

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I got my (two) Pre Pluses today. While I had tested one out for a few days before it was released, I'm really liking it now that I've set it as my primary handset with all my data from Google and Exchange being pulled into Synergy. Compared to the Droid which I had previously been using, it's substantially better for my purposes. I prefer to get things done rather than diddling around with poorly made applications and Force Close error windows.

One thing I wasn't expecting was that the Touchstone doesn't come with its own AC adapter which was lame. Plus, you have to use the cable that was included with the device as it's shaped a particular way.
    Verizon Wireless - More bars in more places on the now network.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    Yeah, I heard the VCC had their choice of the Pre or Pixi.
    Yup, and I think only 2 selected Pixi. Rest picked Pre. And one didn't want a Palm device.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It seems Verizon only puts the major marketing dollars behind exclusive devices. My theory is that Verizon doesn't want to aggressively pursue an ad campaign that would potentially help a competing carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty_lite
    It seems Verizon only puts the major marketing dollars behind exclusive devices. My theory is that Verizon doesn't want to aggressively pursue an ad campaign that would potentially help a competing carrier.
    There's definitely some sense in that. However, VZW does have the Plus version of the phones, which are better than those on Sprint, so even that alone gives them an edge and even something to advertise ("want a Pre or a Pixi, why go with a slower/underpowered one on another carrier when we have the updated newer better models on the better carrier", etc.).

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Yup, and I think only 2 selected Pixi. Rest picked Pre. And one didn't want a Palm device.
    I'm hearing Lynne still hasn't sent them out yet? I wonder what the hold-up is. Maybe they will send you the Devour instead.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    I'm hearing Lynne still hasn't sent them out yet? I wonder what the hold-up is. Maybe they will send you the Devour instead.
    Yeah, the other day she posted apologizing for the delay, and they were sending them for this week.

They still didn't arrive as of Friday, no update, and we don't know what to expect, so the council is getting restless...

I've given up worrying about when its going to arrive (I've been working alternating between working at home or the office, so I had it shipped to the office so it gets signed for. I'm only 10 min drive from the ofc if it shows up).

I've read mixed reviews on the Pre Plus, but I'm still anxious to try it, and if they've changed their mind and it doesn't arrive, no biggie.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, the other day she posted apologizing for the delay, and they were sending them for this week....
    update.. we're not going to be getting them

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    update.. we're not going to be getting them
    Oh ok...maybe they will send you guys the Devour instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4