Blackberry Curve 8530
    LG 8600 Chocolate
    Samsung SPH-M540
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Unlocking an LG GR501

Hey all,

I have a bell LG GR501 and I have a friend who lost her phone. She is willing to purchase the LG GR501 off of me however she is with Telus.

Does anyone know how I can unlock this or know a legit site that will sell me the unlock code for $10 to $20? I would much rather unlock it for free though, if there is a code out there!

Also would calling Bell with my IMEI number and harrassing them for the unlock code work?

ANd just an a quick question how do these online sites get unlock codes?

Phone
    Samsung Impact
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Well, I am not sure about the online sites....however I heard Bell will unlock it for you for $75(lots of money) but I do not know if that means terminating the contract...

Carriers
    Rogers/Fido/T-Mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    Unlocking the phone should not require terminating the contract. The contract, phone number and other data are "tied" to the SIM, not the phone.

AS for the unlock code. One site that I am aware of is www.mobileincanada.com

There are other sites which can be found via Google/EBay. As for the price(s). That's a variable!

How are the codes obtained. With some phones, it is from a database maintained by the phone manufacturer. With others, some Nokias for example, via an algorithm based upon the IMEI, model type and the provider to which the pone is locked.
    SEMPER IN MERDA SVM. SOLVM PROFVNDVM QVOD VARIAT.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    LG 8600 Chocolate
    Samsung SPH-M540
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Well the reason I am wondering if Bell will unlock the phone is because I have switched to a new phone. So this phone is just sitting there and Id rather help my friend out than let it collect dust or try to find someone who wants a bell phone!

But thanks I will look into that mobile in canada site. As for ebay, I could only find a AT&T unlock code. Also ppl are selling unlocked LG gr501's for like $300 USD, are these phones really worth that much!! lol.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    LG 8600 Chocolate
    Samsung SPH-M540
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I am not trying to end my contract...my contract is still in effect but on a different phone. This phone is just extra now. And I checked www.mobileincanada.com and it does not do this phone. I will check the site you suggested tk! Thanks

Feedback Score
    go to any place that supports howardforums.com. remember. the people who advertise HERE pay money to howard to keep this place running, so you and others like you can ask questions!. a good cause, no!?
    On contract terms and responsibilities and getting the right information:

When youre talking about signing a contract for 3 years that will in the end may potentially cost you 20x X number of months you really should do everything to protect yourself.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    LG 8600 Chocolate
    Samsung SPH-M540
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    none of the places in the market place unlock this phone.