Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless Prepaid Port Situation - Interesting.

Phone
    MotoRAZR2 v9m on PagePlus
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Verizon Wireless Prepaid Port Situation - Interesting.

DISCLAIMER: I am not claiming this to be policy. I am not claiming this to be anything more than what it is - the representative at Verizon Prepaid told me this and I just wanted to post it here. Please do NOT read more into this than what it is.

Had a situation today, here it is:

Customer bought LG VX5500 at Walmart. Activated it on VZW Prepaid. (I knew NONE of this before doing the port.)

Customer submitted port to move # and device from VZW Prepaid over to PPC.

Port went through fine.

I advised the customer to dial *22890. Customer received message "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your mobile number is either not valid or inactive. Contact your wireless provider for more information."

That's when the customer informed me that they had a Verizon Prepaid account as well.

So, I contacted PPC. PPC confirmed the port went through fine.

So, I contacted Verizon Prepaid. VZW Prepaid confirmed the PORT OF THE NUMBER went through fine, however, AS OF TODAY (yes, they specifically said this), they are putting a HARD HOLD (as written in the Terms & Conditions of VZW Prepaid devices sold retail) on all VZW PREPAID DEVICES so that they CANNOT be ported over to another network for 6 months.

DISCLAIMER: I am not claiming this to be policy. I am not claiming this to be anything more than what it is - the representative at Verizon Prepaid told me this and I just wanted to post it here. Please do NOT read more into this than what it is.

Phones
    LG VX5500
    Samsung Smooth
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just to clarify, if a new user doesn't activate the phone on VZW first, they should be able to use the new phone on PP the same day, correct?

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have no idea at this point. At this piont, I AM ONLY advising our customers to used TRUE pre-owned, used handsets. I don't dare to advise anything else.

Carrier
    Droid 2 on Page Plus Cellular ( RIP on 4/15) E71 ( soon to be Samsung Captivate) on Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    did they run the vzw prepaid balance down to zero before porting?

Feedback Score
    I'm going to buy a Verizon prepaid phone and find out for myself. I'm sick of byod rumors. I want FACTS.

Phones
    HTC Eris
    Samsung R451c-wife
    Samsung I910-up for sale
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I had a VZW prepaid acct. for over two years. Tried to port it over to ST and they would not release the number.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy s**t.. What a Ride!! '

Phones
    moto q9c
    u740
    vx9800
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by funone46
    I had a VZW prepaid acct. for over two years. Tried to port it over to ST and they would not release the number.
    can i ask what excuse they had for not releasing it. i thought the law stats that you own your cell phone number.

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow. This blows. This must really be hurting dealers. Just glad this doesn't affect already activated phones. PP would be dead.

Android fanboy til I die!!! G1 FTW!!! F$^k Apple!!

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz
    I'm going to buy a Verizon prepaid phone and find out for myself. I'm sick of byod rumors. I want FACTS.
    Do it now!

Seriously though, I'm going to stop recommending P+ to people if this is true. Everyone wants to just buy a prepaid VZW phone and be good to go. Yes yes, I've seen the rumors thread. Yes yes, this may not be true for everyone. I hope not. P+ is what a lot of data light people I know are using now. I doubt they would if they had to buy a P+ phone.

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by viperthegod
    can i ask what excuse they had for not releasing it. i thought the law stats that you own your cell phone number.
    They released the PHONE NUMBER, as mandated by the FCC, but said they blocked the device from being used on the PPC Network (any other network) because the device was not used on the VZW Prepaid network for 6 months.

This actually is written into the T&C that is contained with every new prepaid verizon device in the package. It just wasn't enforced .. at least not until today according to this rep.

Again, I DO NOT claim this to be policy. Just my one situation today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304
    Seriously though, I'm going to stop recommending P+ to people if this is true. Everyone wants to just buy a prepaid VZW phone and be good to go. Yes yes, I've seen the rumors thread. Yes yes, this may not be true for everyone. I hope not. P+ is what a lot of data light people I know are using now. I doubt they would if they had to buy a P+ phone.
    They can always buy a full retail Verizon device, or a truly used Verizon device on eBay or somewhere. Sounds like they are getting serious about blocking the people who are buying them retail from walmart, target, etc. and then activating them on PPC. We kinda knew this was coming.

Phone
    Palm Pixi Plus (Page Plus)
    Carriers
    Page Plus,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Wireless
    They can always buy a full retail Verizon device, or a truly used Verizon device on eBay or somewhere.
    This eliminates 95% of PP's typical PAYG customers.

1) A light user is not going to pay full retail.
    2) Some people want a new phone.
    3) Many people do not want to deal with ebay, craiglist, etc.

This should actually bode well for T-Mobile, Tracfone, VM, etc.

I have no idea what I'm going to do if my W315 dies. I may just run my PP balance down and use T-Mobile PAYG (current backup) as my main phone.
    You either have coverage or you have Sprint native, you can't have both.

PAYG rules; contracts are for fools.

Phones
    Droid Eris
    TP2
    iPad ♥
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    PP's cheapest phone is $30. Over 5 years old, but it was a good phone at the time. Lol.

They NEED to update their phone selection and at least come within $10 of inpulse prices on phones. I'm sure they know the vx5500 and Smooth are big sellers, so they can offer them for $30 and $40, respectively.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I have too much information bombarding me all at once on this matter. My whole family....me, wife, daughter and grandson use VZW prepackaged prepaid phones (5500s and Smooths). It would overwhelm PP CS if everyones prepackaged phones were killed. Surely VZW would not cause that to happen.
    My bro-n-law has lost his job. He still has a company furnished VZW phone but he's gonna lose it soon. He wants to come to PPC. He's gonna try to keep his phone and just activate it on PPC...no problem there. But if he can't bring his phone he'll have trouble getting set up.....he's gotta watch his expenditures so sumpin cheap is called for.

I've warned my family to take special care of their phones until some questions are answered.

Phone
    Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Here is what I have posted on my site, just for other people to see and if you want to use this, go ahead:

--------------------------

The FACTS and RULES regarding Verizon Prepaid Devices on PagePlus Cellular

We are going to keep this simple.

Your Verizon Wireless Prepaid device can only be activated on Verizon Wireless prepaid service during the first six (6) months after activating and cannot be used with any other wireless service even if it's no longer used to receive our service. (Part of the Verizon Wireless Terms and Conditions - http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/g...yAgreement.jsp )

If you choose to go ahead and try to activate such a device through our Activation Service, your fee is nonrefundable, regardless of whether the device activates or not.

Neither PagePlus Cellular nor Kitty Wireless will support or assist with programming, Web, Data, Internet, WAP, MMS, SMS, Voice, Text or anything else regarding your device if you did not purchase a PagePlus Cellular Authorized Device directly from PagePlusCellular.com or from our website here.

The FACTS and RULES regarding Verizon Full Retail or Pre-Owned Devices on PagePlus Cellular

Typically Verizon Wireless pre-owned certified and full-retail priced handsets will be eligible for activation on the PagePlus network, for voice dialing and standard text messaging. Due to the software loaded into the handsets, neither PagePlus nor Kitty Wireless will guarantee that the advanced features such as picture messaging, Data services, and BREW will work correctly on the device.

General Rule of Thumb:

If you are using a device that you did NOT purchase from PagePlusCellular.com or our website directly, we cannot and will not support it nor offer refunds for any services that do not work on your device. You are on your own. Use these non-authorized devices at your own risk.

--------------------------

I have to do this to cover my rear. I don't know what else to do. I would encourage other dealers to put similar notices up modified as they wish.

Phones
    HTC Eris
    Samsung R451c-wife
    Samsung I910-up for sale
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by viperthegod
    I had a fight with them over my post paid acct. Had enough of the bs. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. I do know after I ported my post paid number, I was not able to access my prepaid acct. online.
    I did have a balance on the acct. But did not care, just wanted out from under their control. Finally gave up and just got a new number. Not worth the bs anymore.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast