Thread: Ringtone Format and how to install on Sanyo SCP 6760 Boost incognito

Feedback Score

Ringtone Format and how to install on Sanyo SCP 6760 Boost incognito

I want to install my own custom ringtones on the Sanyo SCP 6760 (Boost incognito) cellphone. I have Datapilot and Bitpim latest versions of each. However I can not find the Windows 7 64bit USB Data Cable Drivers. I tried to send it via a phone uploader website but when I got the text message I could not select anyting in the text to download. I tried to place it on the transflash but when I use the file manager on the phone to browse the transflash (8gb size) I select the file but their is no option to use or set as Ringtone. tried to copy the file to the phone but same issue.

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-6760 Incognito
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in somewhat the same boat (XP boat not 7) as you. I just got my Incognito today and have been trying to do the same all day with no luck. I don't have a data cable so I can't try that way. Was hope to at least be able to get 1-2 ringtones on it. And, Maybe a few games

Looks like I'll be doing without until some way of doing it comes available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by napgiver
    I'm in somewhat the same boat (XP boat not 7) as you. I just got my Incognito today and have been trying to do the same all day with no luck. I don't have a data cable so I can't try that way. Was hope to at least be able to get 1-2 ringtones on it. And, Maybe a few games

Looks like I'll be doing without until some way of doing it comes available.
    i have managed to send a ringtone to the cellphone with one of those cellphone uploader programs on the web. I used http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/

Once you get the text message under options or something (right key) select "GO" and that will start the process and fellow the prompts. I get my ringtones from www.mobiles24.com

However I still want the data cable driver aka modem driver for windows 7 (Vista) 64bit so that I can use bitpam or data pilot to backup the contacts.

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-6760 Incognito
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot for the tip on the rinetones. Worked great

Feedback Score
    your welcome, i just need the usb modem drivers so that I can use bitpim or data pilot so that i can backup the contacts.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    where did you download them to so they would show up in the ringtones list? My phone only saves them to the Other folder and that does not seem to help.

Also, I wish I could find the 64 bit driver but I will test out the 32bit one and let you know if it works or not. However, I have found that you can backup your contacts to the MicroSD card then just copy the .vcf file from the card. this is found on the main menu you just hit OK then go into Settings/Tools, select Tools, then select Memory Storage and Save Contacts. This creates a folder on your card called SD_PIM. The file is under there. I will still let you know how my test goes with Windows 7 64bit though it might be a couple of days.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I just tried the driver and it did not work. I have another idea. I will let you know what happens.

BTW I tried Bitpim on Windows 7 32 bit and it could not find the phone.
    Last edited by TwistedUT; 02-02-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedUT
    I just tried the driver and it did not work. I have another idea. I will let you know what happens.

BTW I tried Bitpim on Windows 7 32 bit and it could not find the phone.
    I tried looking for a 64 bit version of the driver for the SCP-2700 (since that is the driver that works for the 32 bit version of windows). But I have had no luck.

Sorry.

I would still like to know where to save the ringtones to get them to work though.

Device(s)
    Sanyo SCP-6760 Incognito
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    With the link htcgoogle provided -> http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/ <- Use the first area to send the ringtone to your Boost Mobile email addy.

ex: 0005551234[AT]myboostmobile[DOT]com

Like in the image below...

An SMS msg will be sent to your phone. Follow the link and download (automatically saves it in the correct area) your new ringtone.

The new Ringtone will be located in My Stuff -> Ringtones. Or, If your selecting a ringtone for one of your contacts. From under Edit Contact -> Incoming Calls -> Downloaded.

Feedback Score
    How do I upload my pics thats saved on a memory chip when i insert the memory chip it wont pull up or do anything but when i use the cables it says new sanyo modem found? Can you help me with this? PLEASE I have photos on there from last year? almost 700??? Thanks zarra

Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

light at the end of tunnel

for all you guys looking for incognito drivers.search for drivers for SCP2700.same o/s.itll be SY06.

Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

here

http://www293.megaupload.com/files/c...ers_
    071109.rar

thats d/l link for scp2700 drivers.they WILL work on incognito too.
    as far as ringtones.have the tone you want to use length should be between 15-45 seconds(30 nominal)use the rumkin uploader.in description section itll be the name your using for the tone

Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

cont.

i like to use stuffring format but its your perogative.select the file.leave send to blank.hit upload.note the jump code.in your phones browser goto rumkin.com/jump.put in the 6digit code select get file.when asked select proceed.automatically puts in correct format as well as correct folder.thats it