View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your Pre Plus?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very satisfied.

26 42.62%
  • Satisfied.

22 36.07%
  • Neutral.

6 9.84%
  • Dissatisfied.

4 6.56%
  • Very dissatisfied.

3 4.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Palm Pre Plus - Satisfaction Survey

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 & HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had my Pre Plus since launch and while it didn't blow me away at first, I just don't know what I would do without it now. It is, by far, the smartest phone I have ever used. The only problem, and it's a huge one, is Palm's quality control. I've had mine replaced either four or five times now and I think I might have a wiinner (knock on wood). The keyboard is simply fantastic, it feels great and it doesn't have the double key press issue (yet). I really hope it keeps working as well as it does now because I am in love with this phone, especially since we now have free Mobile Hotspot. The past two times I've had it replaced, the manager kept telling me that he would love to "put me in a Droid" since my Pre Plus' have had so many issues. I always tell him the same thing though, I had a Droid and hated it - I just want a working unit of the phone I chose - I just hope I've finally gotten it. In conclusion, I'm now very satisfied with my Pre Plus, not just satisfied. Also, I typed all of this on my Pre without a single mistake, which was absolutely impossible on all my previous units.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I received my pre two days ago. Right out of the box there is a bad Screen flaw on upper left. I looks like the screen was installed off center, a white line about 1/2 inch long. If I decide to keep it, I'll exchange it. Keeping it hinges on Palm and Apple play nice on hotspot speeds with Ipad and Iphone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime
    I received my pre two days ago. Right out of the box there is a bad Screen flaw on upper left. I looks like the screen was installed off center, a white line about 1/2 inch long. If I decide to keep it, I'll exchange it. Keeping it hinges on Palm and Apple play nice on hotspot speeds with Ipad and Iphone.
    Why do Apple and Palm have to play nice for you to use an iPad with a Pre Plus? It's not like Apple can specifically block the use of them together. Anything with Wfi can use the Pre Plus for internet.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakes
    Why do Apple and Palm have to play nice for you to use an iPad with a Pre Plus? It's not like Apple can specifically block the use of them together. Anything with Wfi can use the Pre Plus for internet.
    Do some research before posting

Feedback Score
    Unnecessary

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walis
    Unnecessary
    Right, I forgot "it's the Internet "

Device(s)
    Me:Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I read somewhere that the mobile hotspot doesn't like apple products but they should still work but slooooooowly. Regardless the ipad is another apple product made to keep people fat. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with apple the iPhone etc. But the doucebag levels are going to rise to a whole new high. It's bad enough there are 12 year olds with faux hawks ranting about talking on the phone while searching the web but this ipad is going to make it soooo much worse.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Rated Very Satisfied

I am not adding much beyond what others have said, but I am in love with this phone.

Having used an IPhone and Droid (which I returned) before, I can't help but gush about WebOS. I don't know if I will ever be able to work with any other Phone OS. The usability and the customizability of webOS (including the Homebrew Apps and Patches from PreCentral) is impressive and addicting.

In fact, I wish my Mac and Win 7 machines had some elements of the user interface. The speed with which I can multitask on this phone is something I cannot probably do elsewhere. For example, I recently timed myself refreshing two mail accounts (and viewing the two inboxes), switching between three Slacker radio channels, updating the calendar with an event's time, and posting a "Hello" message to a contact (after scrolling to it), all in 7 seconds.

The only two things I miss from iPhone/Android are the Autofocus in the camera, and the integration of all Google Services seamlessly, the latter of which I hope becomes available to webOS sometime soon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have, maybe I haven't read what you did (though I wouldn't know because the meaning of what you originally said got lost in your most recent and oh so insightful post), but I have both read about and tested Apple products with the Pre Plus. I've used both my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch with my Pre Plus, and they worked perfectly. I've read a few comments about the iPhone having a huge speed handicap when used with the Pre Plus, but I've read a lot more comments from people who haven't had an issue. Not to say that there aren't a lot out there as I haven't gone searching, but I haven't seen many. Below is a link to an article that describes a relationship between a Pre Plus and an iPad, and it isn't a Chris Brown/Rihanna situation.

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-pr...d-wifi-so-good

Now, regarding your original post, I thought you meant Apple and Palm needed to play nice on a corporate level - which is why I said what I said. Now I realize that you meant on a device-by-device basis, but would it really kill you to proof-read? Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it; the thread has been made a sticky and I'm not going to derail it with an argument.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakes
    I have, maybe I haven't read what you did (though I wouldn't know because the meaning of what you originally said got lost in your most recent and oh so insightful post), but I have both read about and tested Apple products with the Pre Plus. I've used both my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch with my Pre Plus, and they worked perfectly. I've read a few comments about the iPhone having a huge speed handicap when used with the Pre Plus, but I've read a lot more comments from people who haven't had an issue. Not to say that there aren't a lot out there as I haven't gone searching, but I haven't seen many. Below is a link to an article that describes a relationship between a Pre Plus and an iPad, and it isn't a Chris Brown/Rihanna situation.

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-pr...d-wifi-so-good

Now, regarding your original post, I thought you meant Apple and Palm needed to play nice on a corporate level - which is why I said what I said. Now I realize that you meant on a device-by-device basis, but would it really kill you to proof-read? Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about it; the thread has been made a sticky and I'm not going to derail it with an argument.
    I read that "review" , if you read the forums here and elsewhere, that was just a fluff piece. I understand fanboi. I typed my posts on the Pre, I got tired of correcting, sorry about the grammer
    I got the Pre for one reason, Mobile Hotspot, to drop the MiFi. My work is embracing the Ipad in a big way.
    Bottom line I dropped the phone off at Fedex today. Back to my MiFi

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoshy
    I read somewhere that the mobile hotspot doesn't like apple products but they should still work but slooooooowly. Regardless the ipad is another apple product made to keep people fat. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with apple the iPhone etc. But the doucebag levels are going to rise to a whole new high. It's bad enough there are 12 year olds with faux hawks ranting about talking on the phone while searching the web but this ipad is going to make it soooo much worse.
    I think the word you're looking for is hipster

Device(s)
    Moto Droid,Storm 2,Samsung Omnia,Moto MAXX VE love it!!!,samsung u900
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

I love my Pre now.....

At first i hated this phone i couldn't do anything at all....... but i discovered Preware and OMG i love it , i have my pre running @ 800mhz and changed theme on it , now i can say that you can customize to what ever you want cvery cool stuff.
    Gran doble u

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I went from the Pre to Droid. Now, thinking about going back to my Pre Plus. 2 things are keeping me from switching back. 1st, is there a way on the calendar month view to have it show text on the month view? On my Droid, I was able to install a calendar program that I could see most of the things scheduled (the text) on month view.
    And 2nd, back when I had the Pre, there didn't seem to be many good free programs to install unlike the Droid. Has that changed? But I will say, I did then and now know nothing about Homebrew Apps.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Excuse the ignorance

I am looking to pick up one of these used. I don't have a lot of experience with Verizon and their data plans - which I do not have. I have a plain old voice minutes only plan. Will I be able to use the phone and tap into my home (or any other open network) wi-fi to surf the web like other phones -i.e. Motorola Cliq XT or Optimus T (I know both from T-Mobile -sorry, but that's all I can compare against -from family member)? I now only have a basic flip phone and need to know before the jump. Sorry for this so basic of questions.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lchan120 View Post
    I am looking to pick up one of these used. I don't have a lot of experience with Verizon and their data plans - which I do not have. I have a plain old voice minutes only plan. Will I be able to use the phone and tap into my home (or any other open network) wi-fi to surf the web like other phones -i.e. Motorola Cliq XT or Optimus T (I know both from T-Mobile -sorry, but that's all I can compare against -from family member)? I now only have a basic flip phone and need to know before the jump. Sorry for this so basic of questions.
    You can use it on your home WiFi network but you are also required to have the smartphone data plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2