Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Experience with Net10 Unlimited - DAY 1

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Wink My Experience with Net10 Unlimited - DAY 1

So i take the plunge today and buy the slider QWERTY phone.

I have 2 Net10 phones for my tweens so I already have the account.

I go to www.net10unlimited.com and follow the directions for activation.

It takes me to the net10 website to finish it up.

The phone activates within 5 minutes.

BUT with only 300 minutes. HUH? Isn't this Net10 UNLIMITED?

I go onto my Net10 acct to verify the phone. It says FAILED please call customer care at 1-800-430-CELL

So I call and it says "Thank you for calling Straight Talk."

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did verify the second time I entered the info though. So all is well.

here's what I found out:

It will say 300 minutes but the minutes are unlimited and it will not deduct from the 300 when you make a call (which is true).

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    TEXTING:

Happening already. My dd received mine about 3 seconds after I sent it. And I rec'd hers in the same amount of time.

RINGTONES:

I am not very "into" cell phones and all that, but I was able to voice record my 5 kids going "Mom, Mom, Mom" over and over again for 20 seconds and very easily add that as my ringtone. I have had the Blackberry for a yr and never figured out how to do this on the BB!

CALLS:

Clear, crisp. Made about 10 calls and none of them have dropped.

BROWSER:

STill cannot get on the web. It says "failed". Wonder if that activation takes longer. I'll let you know when I can on the web.

****If anyone has any questions they would like answered please lmk and I will check on it.

Phones
    Alias
    W175
    Lg225
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    How much does it cost for unlimited?...

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    I paid $79.99 for the phone.

I then set up auto-refill with my husbands Am Ex cc (you need a credit or debit card) for unlimited talk, text, web, 411 every 30 days. BUT I did mine today (1-31) and it will not refill automatically until 3-2-10. So that is a little over 30 days.

With tax it comes to $53.25 every 30 days.

I am in Orlando, FL

Phones
    Alias
    W175
    Lg225
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Oh thanks for info.

Phones
    DROID 3
    DROID X
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the very good review.
    Sorry to hear the browser\internet is not working from the start. Hopefully, a simple delay.
    When you have the internet up & running, i would be very interested in knowing - speed & web page access.
    Thanks again
    I am on America's Largest and Most Reliable Wireless Network.
    Thank you Page Plus.

Feedback Score

Net10 Unlimited pioneer!

Thanks for taking the plunge.

A lot of people are curious as to what the web experience with the New Net10 unlimited is like . The original Net10 unlimited was limited to a "walled garden" range of limited websites that Net10 would allow the user to go to like weather, sports, news, ringtones , etc and not much else. Others are reporting on the REGULAR Net10 recently that they are able to access (usually on the newest phone models) more web sites then before like google.com, yahoo, etc which were previously not possible (except in isolated incidents).

Straight Talk, Net 10 Unlimited's cdma/Verizon sister brand has had a hard time with many activations with web. It could be a similar problem with Net10 Unlimited. The solution for some peope was to just leave ST and go to Page Plus and hack the web settings (this was when the web was still limited to 30 megs on Straight Talk even on the now unlimited plan). Unfortuately, Net10 unlimited phones only work on Net10 (as far as we know) and not other carriers (for sure) and not regular Net10 (probably).

It is pretty certain that regular Net10 phones can't be used on Net10 unlimited. The old one yes, the new plan, no. But the old version was $80, not 50.

Hope you get the web problem solve and if regular customer service gives you a hard time do this:

Call Elston Tracfone/Net10/St superrep: elombillo@tracfone.com or 1.800.626.4883 ext 6107
    For Customer Escalations or Executive Resolutions.
    CustomerEscalations@tracfone.com
    Or call at: 1-800-876-5753 . If they send you to regular customer service, bail out, hang up and call back again later as regular service picks it up when executive resolutions is backed up.

Or even regular Net10 at 1-800-ten-cent

Some Tracfone customers have had their problems resolved better by Net10 help then Tracfone help but it is all the same company.

Good luck with the web problem. We'd really like to know. Please keep us posted.

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    I will let you know as soon as they fix it. I was given a ticket number and they will have it looked at in 24 hrs. (we'll see!)

In my home I do only have 2-3 bars. But with Sprint, I have the same issues. I have had a call drop. My husband was in the Orlando airport. And we have never had a dropped call before.

Also my tweens who have Net10... I took their phone (the cheapest one they offer) and my Net10 unlimited. They have 5 bars all around the house while mine went from 1-3 bars.

I really hope this will work for me and be reliable. I did not know Straight Talk went to unlimited web or I would have went with them. I guess I can always return this to Target if the web does not get resolved and I am only out the one month.

can I port a number from Net10unlimited to ST?

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    If you dial 1111 or some other invalid number whats the message you get back? T-Mobile?

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Under Browser Settings it says this:

Access powered
    NetFront Browser v3.4
    this software is based in part on the group work of the Independant JPEG Group

This means absolutely nothing to me. LOL But maybe someone here will know what it means.

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid
    If you dial 1111 or some other invalid number whats the message you get back? T-Mobile?
    "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and call again. Or dial 611 for customer service."

Phones
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Motorola i850
    Motorola v3xx
    Carriers
    Verizon;
    AT&..... I'm sorry, you faded out. Could you repeat that?
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper2five
    "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and call again. Or dial 611 for customer service."
    I think that's T-Mobile. We're certain that the new Net 10 unlimited is using the T-Mobile network, whereas the Net10 your "Tweens" are using is likely on AT&T. There must be a closer AT&T tower to your house than T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Your inconsistent bar reading between your kids' regular Net10 and your Net10 unlimited phone indicates the possibility that theirs is running on the Att network (with roaming). Yours is on the Tmobile network (also with roaming).

We have received various reports from different Howard Forum members verifying that basically Net10 Unlimited is Tmobile prepaid with roaming. That could explain your signal differences (Unless your kid's sims are Tmobile sims. ). Check your sims and the numbers on them. If it ends with P4 it is a Att sim (I'm betting your kids have this). If it ends with P5, it is a Tmobile sim.
    Att should generally send a stronger signal then Tmobile but it also depends on the location of the towers relative to where you are and if they are using the weaker 1900mhz channel for 2G in your market. (Att has two channels and Tmobile only has one. That gives Att a theoretical better signal advantage overall. Note, I said THEORETICAL. Mileage varies widely).

If regular Customer care can't help you within the time frame they promised, go to the other numbers /emails that I gave you. A lot of Tracfone/Net10/Straight Talk users have solved their problems that way. It is a lot less frustrating then regular CS.

Straight Talk has issues with web too, so there they are about even there.
    Net10 unlimited phones indicating 300 minutes when they mean unlimited tells me that they haven't really done anything to the Target Net10 Unlimited phones to make them special. I'm guessing that if you get a regular Net10 phone WITH A TMOBILE type P5 sim and activate it on their website, it will become an unlimited phone. Att based service areas would be out of luck.

ST however has Verizon coverage (without roaming) . N10 unltd is Tmobile WITH roaming. That evens it out somewhat (but Verizon still wins overall).

I'm in a strong Tmobile market but I think they've been giving Att sims lately. I gotta dig up a spare $50 sometime . But right now, too many other things.

They are selling T401gs for 59.99 at the local Best Buy right now. That's a lot cheaper then the $100 they want for the unlimited version. Which from all indicators has no difference at all except they label it as Net10 unlimited , allow only Target to carry them and load them with Tmobile P5 sims.

40% difference in price is ridiculous. If there's a way to game byod regular Net10 phones on unlimited, why not look for it?

Your browser Openwave, blah blah, indicates that it is a WAP (wireless access protocol) mobile browser,not full html (like on a regular computer. So it goes to the mobile versions of websites to cram the essential info from that website onto your phone so it will work.

I'd love to know if it is edge or gprs they are giving N10 Unltd users. I bet it's gprs.

Good luck and please keep us updated.
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 01-31-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Phones
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Samsung T401G (Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper2five
    Also my tweens who have Net10... I took their phone (the cheapest one they offer) and my Net10 unlimited. They have 5 bars all around the house while mine went from 1-3 bars.
    Yeah, I vouch that comment. I live in a suburb of Atlanta, and that cheapo LG300 ($29) always had 4-5 bars in the house. The Motorola E326 actually lost calls, and the new T401G I got only has about 1-2 bars in the same locations. However, while the call quality of the T401G sounds "digital garbled" when I'm in the interior of the house, I haven't actually lost a call (yet).

Phone
    Samsung
    Carrier
    Net10 Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    I went out today and bought a Straight Talk slider phone (the qwerty one). i carried both the Net10 unlimited and the ST one around town all day with me. No doubt about it - straight talk has more bars EVERYWHERE!

Internet, text, calls, all worked within 5 minutes.

I did not port any numbers.

I will be returning the Net10unlimited phone in the next couple days. I just do not have the same bars/reception with Net10 unlimnited that the ST bars/reception give me.

Here are the towns I went to today:

Windermere (where I live)
    Winter Garden
    Winter Park,
    Orlando-downtown
    Ocoee

I even had 3 bars in an elevator in Orlando with ST and none with Net10 unlimited.

HTH!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast