Thread: Any GSM MVNO with roaming?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Any GSM MVNO with roaming?

I'm wondering if there are any GSM MVNOs unlimited Voice/Text with roaming. Looking for best GSM coverage. Seems like you have to buy a post-paid plan from Tmobile or AT&T for the best GSM coverage.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Seems like the Net10 unlimited roams between T-Mobile and AT&T at least and its $50 a month at Target and online. There are a few threads about it in the Trac phone forum.

Feedback Score
    I don't think any AT&T mvnos roam.

To my knowledge

AT&T gophone is the only one that roams.

At&t gophone pick you plan does roam. Pay as go plan use to roam on centennial wireless. I think centennial wireless was the only AT&T roaming partner for pay as you go plan. Once the towers are update to AT&T there will be no pay as you go roaming. They will still have pick your plan roaming.

From what I read.
    Tracfone/Net10 use to roam on t-mobile or AT&T but from what I read. I don't think AT&T and t-mobile allow Net10/tracfone to roam on either network anymore.

Phones
    Note3, Note2, iiPad3, Nexus 5, Moto X,
    evo3d,gnex,atrix,e71,v3xx,s56
    Carrier
    vzw, att, tmo, RingPlus, lyca, tru, ekit
    Feedback Score
    AT&T and T-Mobile based TracFones roam the same as regular plans do. That is as good as prepaid GSM roaming goes.

In most locations AT&T and T-Mobile do not allow roaming on each other so the same would be true with TracFone.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles SIMple calling from ekit.

Quote Originally Posted by labjr
    I'm wondering if there are any GSM MVNOs unlimited Voice/Text with roaming. Looking for best GSM coverage. Seems like you have to buy a post-paid plan from Tmobile or AT&T for the best GSM coverage.
    You don't indicate if you are a heavy or light user and if your desire for 'best GSM coverage' is that you want it to work 'everywhere' or not. They seem to have coverage as close to everwhere as any GSM provider. Not only do they have AT&T and T-Mobile--they seem to have a number of other GSM providers across the country. My nephew had good results on a major road trip that included Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, SouthDakota and Nebraska. Saw a lot of small carrier names for the network. There are two different cards available and per minute charges differ greatly between them so you will need to do some research to figure out which MIGHT be for you. The added benefit is you can use it pretty much anywhere in the world and it has a UK phone number. A disadvatage [perhaps] is it will probably have a Massachusettes phone number. Here is something I just wrote about it.

If you are going to use ekit in the USA, you will want to get a SIMple Calling Service or SIMple Calling Plus Service SIM card rather than the 'standard' ekit SIM cards. Why? Because the USA [& Canada] rates are much better than the 'standard' ekit SIM card rates. A little time spent on the ekit web site comparing rates will confirm this for you. To find the TWO SIMple calling cards use the SIM search function at ekit.com and choose 'All countries' for "Works in:" and 'United States' for "Shipping to:". To purchase at a very reasonable cost, find the appropriate card on eBay at sellers ekitmobile and ekitmobileusa. Each of these sellers sells only one of the SIMple calling cards and you need to check the rates to figure out which one is the one right for you and the one you want.

This coverage has both AT&T and T-Mobile so that is better than either of them alone.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I thought it was obvious they are a heavy user since they specified 'unlimited plans' from mvno's?

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq
    You don't indicate if you are a heavy or light user and if your desire for 'best GSM coverage' is that you want it to work 'everywhere' or not. They seem to have coverage as close to everwhere as any GSM provider. Not only do they have AT&T and T-Mobile--they seem to have a number of other GSM providers across the country. My nephew had good results on a major road trip that included Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, SouthDakota and Nebraska. Saw a lot of small carrier names for the network. There are two different cards available and per minute charges differ greatly between them so you will need to do some research to figure out which MIGHT be for you. The added benefit is you can use it pretty much anywhere in the world and it has a UK phone number. A disadvatage [perhaps] is it will probably have a Massachusettes phone number. Here is something I just wrote about it.

If you are going to use ekit in the USA, you will want to get a SIMple Calling Service or SIMple Calling Plus Service SIM card rather than the 'standard' ekit SIM cards. Why? Because the USA [& Canada] rates are much better than the 'standard' ekit SIM card rates. A little time spent on the ekit web site comparing rates will confirm this for you. To find the TWO SIMple calling cards use the SIM search function at ekit.com and choose 'All countries' for "Works in:" and 'United States' for "Shipping to:". To purchase at a very reasonable cost, find the appropriate card on eBay at sellers ekitmobile and ekitmobileusa. Each of these sellers sells only one of the SIMple calling cards and you need to check the rates to figure out which one is the one right for you and the one you want.

This coverage has both AT&T and T-Mobile so that is better than either of them alone.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    iPad WiFi + Cellular (3rd Gen)
    FreedomPop Photon
    Carriers
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    FreedomPop (Clear MVNO)
    Feedback Score
    Technically, you can go the FlexPay route on T-Mobile and essentially go 'prepaid' (pay for the month in advance) w/ unlimited talk/text & roaming on Even More Plus. You can even use prepaid airtime cards to pay for the monthly service.
    You still have to sign up in-store, via Telephone/Online Sales or via a 'T-Mobile Compete' retail package purchase, and you must provide a valid mailing/billing address.

You might also be able to get T-Mobile affiliate i-wireless's National MegaTalk plan, but YMMV.

No national GSM MVNO besides Tracfone/Net10 does roaming, and the only other national GSM unlimited prepaid are ones w/out roaming or T-Mobile FlexPay. That's at least until AT&T decides to offer unlimited calling on Pick Your Plan, which I doubt will ever happen (PYP seems 'dead' w.r.t. how AT&T is treating it).
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    02 wireless roams I think. According to the website. If your phone displays off-network. You calls will be billed at 49 cents a minute no matter what plan you are on. However, I don't think your phone will roam if you are on the 02 wireless plus plan. The O2 basic and the 02 Unlimited Nights & Weekend plan will roam at 49 cents a minute.

http://www.o2wirelessservice.com/airtime_rates.html

Please note your standard on-network airtime rates will apply when “O2 Wireless”, “LOCUS” or “My Network” appears in your phone’s display. Other direct dialed calls made off-network (when “Other Network” appears in your phone’s display) will be charged at (49˘) a minute. For all O2 Wireless Plans: Rates for calls to directory assistance are $3.00 per call plus airtime or roaming charges.