Thread: How to make a complaint (The Steps)

Phones
    iPhone 5 / HTC One S (won it from Fido)
    BB Bold 9000, SE K850i
    BB Bold 9000, Nokia 6670
    Carriers
    FIDO / T-Mobile USA / AT&T
    Warid (PAK) / Etisalat (UAE)
    Feedback Score

Exclamation How to make a complaint (The Steps)

I was just playing around the Fido site and they currently have a section on how to make a complaint! It is a four step program. Also available at http://www.fido.ca/web/content/conta...omer_complaint
    (Also posted below, just in case Fido decides to delete this page!)

STEP 1 - Contact our Customer Care Centre

We encourage you to contact our Customer Service team by email or telephone about your concern. Our front-line agents have the tools, support and training to quickly understand and resolve complaints and concerns.

STEP 2: Escalate your complaint within the department

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your initial contact with a Customer Care representative at step 1, ask to whom you can escalate your complaint. You will be referred to a manager who will review and take responsibility for resolving your complaint.

STEP 3: Contact the Office of the President

Most concerns are resolved before they reach this step; however, if you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint after step 2, please contact Fido’s Office of the President.

The Office of the President reviews only complaints that have been through steps 1 and 2, so to get the fastest possible response, please indicate whom you've already contacted, and why you disagree with their decision.

Fax: 1-800-371-3436

By mail:
    Fido Solutions Inc.
    Office of the President
    800 De La Gauchetière Street West
    Suite 4000
    Montreal, QC H5A 1K3

Within 24 hours of the receipt of your complaint with all supporting information, the Office of the President will review it, and an advisor from this group will contact you. If we are unable to provide a response to your complaint within that timeframe, we will contact you to advise you when you can expect one.

STEP 4: Contact the Office of the Ombudsman

We will provide a fair and impartial review of unresolved customer complaints, and we will recommend changes to enhance the customer experience.

What is the Office of the Ombudsman?

The Office of the Ombudsman provides an impartial review of unresolved complaints. The Office of the Ombudsman is not an advocate for either Fido or its customers. Our Ombudsman investigates both sides of an issue and assists the parties in reaching a fair and reasonable resolution. Recommendations are non-binding, and parties are free to pursue other avenues if an agreement is not reached.

The Office reviews customer disputes for all Rogers businesses and operates independently of the Fido Customer Service department. Our role is to investigate all sides of a complaint and form an impartial view of a fair and reasonable solution. The Ombudsman does not investigate matters of general policy, pricing or fees that apply to customers, matters for which records no longer exist at Fido or matters already before the courts or in arbitration.

Customer complaints are a vital source of feedback. Based on customer feedback, the Ombudsman may make recommendations to improve operations or products and services.

How do I file a complaint with the Office of the Ombudsman?
    The Office of the Ombudsman will review only disputes that have been through steps 1, 2 and 3. If you wish to submit your complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman, please do so in writing and outline exactly what happened, including the relevant dates, the names of any employees involved and any copies of relevant documents. It would also be helpful if you told us what you would like us to do for you. All correspondence with our office will be kept confidential.

Once we receive your written complaint, we will do an initial assessment to confirm that the matter falls within the mandate of our office. We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours, and most disputes will be handled within 30 days of receiving your complaint and all relevant documentation. If this deadline cannot be met, we will contact you to let you know why additional time is necessary and when you can expect a response. By submitting your complaint, you provide us with permission to discuss your issue with Fido to complete our assessment. If your complaint is within our mandate and requires a full investigation, we will send you a Consent and Confidentiality Agreement to sign and return to us. This agreement outlines the process we will agree to follow and how we will need to interact during the investigative process and beyond.

As noted above, there are some matters that are outside our mandate.

How do I reach the Office of the Ombudsman?

Office of the Ombudsman
    350 Bloor Street East
    Toronto, Ontario
    M4W 0A1

Fax: 416-935-3604
    Email: ombudsman@rci.rogers.com

Is the Ombudsman the final level of review?

You can refer your complaint to the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS).

The CCTS is an agency independent of the telecommunications industry, whose mandate is to resolve complaints of individual and small business retail customers about their telecommunications services. If you have a complaint about your services, including local or long distance telephone service, wireless telephone service or Internet service, you must first try to resolve it directly with your service provider. If you have done so and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, the CCTS may be able to help you, free of charge.

To learn more about the CCTS, you can visit its website at www.ccts-cprst.ca or call toll-free at 1-888-221-1687.

Who is the Ombudsman?

Donald E. Moffatt, Ombudsman

Don Moffatt has over 25 years of experience leading customer service organizations for financial services and telecommunications companies in Canada, the United States and overseas. An accomplished executive, Don joined Rogers in 2004. He previously led the Rogers Customer Care organization. Don is committed to ensuring that all complaints are resolved fairly.
    Last edited by zhusain; 02-08-2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Pls Make Sticky

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, the first time I have ever seen a step by step guide, rather than just a bit here and a bit there. I think it reflects the goal from the President of Rogers wanting to improve customer service as of late (last year). This is a good first step, but I hope they can improve customer service as a whole also (soon).

A sticky will be nice, or at least put in the FAQ sticky thread.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    Yes Mod I agree with post # 2 we should make a sticky of this and also add it to F & Q. Also Thanks to OP for digging up this info.
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Phones
    iPhone 4 32GB
    $40 CityFido (no SAF)
    $50 Unlimited data
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Just remember that step 4 is working with Don Moffatt who is employed by Rogers and is not a 3rd party solution. I suggest considering skipping step 4 the moment you feel you are getting nowhere with your issue and filing a complaint with the CCTS instead.

Also, consider complaints to the following agencies as some complaint do not fall under the mandate of the CCTS:

1. For privacy issues contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
    http://www.priv.gc.ca/

2. For false or misleading advertising contact the Competition Bureau.
    http://competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/s...c.nsf/eng/home

3. For customer service complaints contact the Better Business Bureau.
    http://www.bbb.org./canada/SitePage....4-4e47b63f8795

4. For telemarketing complaints contact the CRTC National Do Not Call List.
    https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/

5. For regulated telecommunications services complaints contact the CRTC.
    http://www.crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCCM/Register.asp?lang=E
    Go here to participate in changing Canada's Digital Future! http://de-en.gc.ca/home/

Canada's Net Neutrality Petition http://www.saveournet.ca/

Dissolve the CRTC! http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just a heads up Step #2 tends to be a 2 part one. First is speaking with a supervisor then with a manager. Also manager escalations tend to be callbacks.
    It's all fun and game until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious.

Phones
    iPhone
    Hiptop2 (Retired)
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Step 2 is often useless if the CS agent you are speaking to refuses to escalate it to a manager as happened in my case. I don't kno if CS agents are scared to do this as it negatively reflects upon them of what, but it was rediculous that I couldn't get through to a manager to discuss things.

I ended up dealing with retentions and had a partial resolution to my issues but still not a solution that I felt worked for me - all the fixes (for both of my lines) were just kludges and in some respects I would end up paying more for only half of what I had.

I ended up going to step 3 (letter to the president) about a month ago and it worked wonders. Not unexpectedly managers at that level can make things happen that were described as "Impossible" by every other level of support.
    My Blog

Quality, Not Quantity.

Phones
    IP4
    iPad II
    W7 64bit w/ZTE 668
    Carriers
    Fido/Rogers
    BELL/TELUS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    bump for a good thread....!!
    iPhone 4 16GB & 32GB available; AVAILABLE WITH OLD FIRMWARE BNIB SEALED
    iP 3GS in white also available;

apple 64GB iPad WIFI BNIB sealed..!! SOLD

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Step 2 is often useless if the CS agent you are speaking to refuses to escalate it to a manager as happened in my case. I don't kno if CS agents are scared to do this as it negatively reflects upon them of what, but it was rediculous that I couldn't get through to a manager to discuss things.
    They can't just refuse, they may try and prevent it with their own offers or simply explain the situation so that you accept it but if you insist they have to get you one(or a callback for one).

I ended up going to step 3 (letter to the president) about a month ago and it worked wonders. Not unexpectedly managers at that level can make things happen that were described as "Impossible" by every other level of support.
    If you skip the previous steps then 9 times out of 10 you'll be callbacked by a normal supervisor not an OOP rep.

Phones
    IP4
    iPad II
    W7 64bit w/ZTE 668
    Carriers
    Fido/Rogers
    BELL/TELUS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    bump for a great thread..

Phone
    Carrier
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Augment for great escalation flowchart (yea, it's my own : )
    s://RogersWatch.wordpress.com/complaint_fido
    and explanation of steps:
    s://RogersWatch.wordpress.com/Complaint

Carriers
    FIDO
    Feedback Score

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone who contributed here!

However, I have a few words about the Better Business Bureau.

First of all, most people aren't going to check with the BBB before going to a large firm like Fido/Rogers or any of the major providers.

Secondly, I recently completed a complaint with the BBB about a local business (not a telecom). After many months, the BBB kicked the business out of the BBB for failing to resolve the complaint (as well as lying), and the business now has a permanent unresolved complaint against them on file. In other words, the business is no longer a member of the BBB. At the end of the day, how many people will ever check with the BBB to learn about this? Not many. And will this have any effect on a business' continued misconduct?

At best, filing a complaint with the BBB can have the effect of forcing the business to be more accountable - a good thing, and hopefully resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.
    Last edited by nowucba; 06-26-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: edited