Thread: Tracfone NIGHTARE after trying transfer number from lost phone to new one...

Feedback Score

Question Tracfone NIGHTARE after trying transfer number from lost phone to new one...

So my boyfriend lost his Tracfone last...march or april...(he's in jail right now)

In January I got him a new phone and tried to transfer the old number to the new phone, because he really has his heart set on keeping his phone number. (I had not activated this phone yet or anything before having the man transferring it.) Something went wrong I guess because I was never able to make a call.

After a few days, I called again was sent a new sim card. When I got the sim card I called them to activate it (making it clear I wanted to keep the original account's phone number, and she told me it would be the same) and after an hour the phone worked, but with a completey DIFFERENT phone number.

So once AGAIN I called for assistance and after an hour of waiting she ends up telling me that the original number is unavailable. I know no one else has it. When I put the original card that came with this phone (that the number was originally tranferred to) in, the "this phone number" area still says my original phone number, could this be why they said it's unavailable? Because it's still linked to that sim card?

A couple of weeks ago I opted to e-mail (I thought I could explain the situation better by writing it) and once again I was sent a new sim card.

Tonight I bought him a new tracfone. I have not done anything with that last new sim card they sent me, and I'm not sure which action I should take now.

Is that new sim card they sent me linked to the original phone number that I wanted (or did they just send me some random new sim card)? Should I try to put it in the new phone? Or activate it or something?

Pretty much the most important thing is that he keeps his original phone number at all costs.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    What was the service expiration date on the lost Tracfone? Once the days of service run out the phone deactivates and the phone number can go back into the phone number "pool" at any time. If not reclaimed for another phone it can also remain with the phone for some time.

Feedback Score
    Hmm...well I don't think it ran out or that it was put in the pool.....I checked before I started this mess and his voicemail was still working...

It was directly after i made the transfer that it started saying "this person has chosen not to accept calls" or whatever...

Is there any way I can still use the original number? I know the sim card that I originally used to transfer is still linked to it...

Can I ask them to just use that sim card's number to be activated with this brand new phone I just bought?

Feedback Score
    You won't get anywhere with the regular customer service department. They can't do anything complicated. You have to call 1-800-876-5753 which is the U.S. based cs. They have all the tools to fix things. Call during business hours. If you get forwarded to the other cs, hang up and call again. You will be able to tell which one you got or just ask if this is Miami.