Thread: Ringtones for LG 290C Straight talk

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Ringtones for LG 290C Straight talk

I have found a good site that workks with the LG 290C Straight talk phone. It is mytinyphone.com.Its very simple-First,DO NOT register.Find the ringtone you want.Then after you click on it when the delivery options come up enter your phone number@mypixmessages.com in the send as an email box and click send as an attachment.Simple as that.The ringtone will come to your phone as a pic message.During peak hours the ringtones sometimes can take as long as a couple hours to come through.It is better to do it very late@night or early morning to mid afternoon.Any questions email me.Hope this helps.

Feedback Score

Thanks for posting, that's a great site!

Still waiting for my ringtone but the wallpaper is great.

First I clicked send as attachment but straight talk stripped the jpg.
    But it works if you send as web and click!
    Great pics!

Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Thanks for the thanks

On my 290C I have to send as attachment or I get the message unsupported content type.Im not sure how it works for other phones but with mine as attachment is only way.I hope you enjoy the site.I have already downloaded about 40 ringtones all free.I would venture to say once they catch wind of this method@ straight talk they will shut it down.Lets hope not.

Carrier
    Straight Talk as of 6/12/10
    Feedback Score
    What do I do after I receive the ringtone as a pix message? It gives no instructions on my LG 190c with Straight Talk.

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3m, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid2 Global (white)
    Motorola Droid X2
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Ok I got the goods your looking for
    I also have the LG 290 and I have tried all those sites to make ringtones and none of them seem to wanna make them right

http://makeownringtone.com/

When you get on here youll scroll down and youll see a button that says upload
    Upload your song and then once its uploaded youll have the option to cut it and once its cut
    Leave the format as MP3
    Under download click the button that says via email
    and then do mynumber@mypixmessages.com

One important thing make sure you cut the song less than 28 seconds any thing over that will sound like crap like you recorded it thru the speakers of a radio

This how I get my ringtones and they sound awesome
    Need anymore help lemme know

Carrier
    Straight Talk as of 6/12/10
    Feedback Score
    *HELP* I am getting SPAM text messages on my new "Straight Talk" phone (LG 290c). I did not have text messaging before so is this happening because 1) everyone gets SPAM text messages if they have it, 2) I gave my phone number to get ringtones downloaded or 3) "Straight Talk" gave/sold my phone number for SPAM use? Is there any way I can set my phone to only accept text messages from my contacts?

Phone
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carriers
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: r451[TF268435458908196422000000014238951097] UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by katie864
    *HELP* I am getting SPAM text messages on my new "Straight Talk" phone (LG 290c). I did not have text messaging before so is this happening because 1) everyone gets SPAM text messages if they have it, 2) I gave my phone number to get ringtones downloaded or 3) "Straight Talk" gave/sold my phone number for SPAM use? Is there any way I can set my phone to only accept text messages from my contacts?
    reply STOP...!!!!